Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Edwards the Messiah PART TWO

He's on his jolleys now! No wonder they can't get hold of him!
    Yaki Dah!

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    After recent years, there is no RL coach with as high a profile as Edwards.
    Farrell ?

Learning All The Songs St Willy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tallaght Tiger View Post
    Farrell ?
    Maybe in the future. Got along way to go even with the Ireland job

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    RFL Championship / Super League (17) - 1931–32, 1952–53, 1958–59, 1965–66, 1969–70, 1970–71, 1974–75, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2006, 2014, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022

Challenge Cup (13) - 1955–56, 1960–61, 1965–66, 1971–72, 1975–76, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2021

World Club Challenge (3) - 2001, 2007, 2023

League Leader's Shield (9) - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2022

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Farrell ?
    Don't think so. But, I had forgotten him, which may say it all for his profile. Though he was a great player.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by St Willy View Post
    Maybe in the future. Got along way to go even with the Ireland job

Really ! Give credit where it is due. Lions defence coach 2013 & 2017. Edwards once 2009. Farrell head coach appointment 2020. No long way to go in them facts.

Learning All The Songs St Willy's Avatar

Really ! Give credit where it is due. Lions defence coach 2013 & 2017. Edwards once 2009. Farrell head coach appointment 2020. No long way to go in them facts.
    Yes really. If you wanna go down the winners route, Edwards has 3 prems, 1 Heineken cup and a European cup as head coach. Won a few more as an assistant and has a couple of grand slams. Those facts mean Edward's has so far accomplished alot more that Farrell. As I said, maybe in the future.

RFL Championship / Super League (17) - 1931–32, 1952–53, 1958–59, 1965–66, 1969–70, 1970–71, 1974–75, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2006, 2014, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022

Challenge Cup (13) - 1955–56, 1960–61, 1965–66, 1971–72, 1975–76, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2021

World Club Challenge (3) - 2001, 2007, 2023

League Leader's Shield (9) - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2022

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by St Willy View Post
    Yes really. If you wanna go down the winners route, Edwards has 3 prems, 1 Heineken cup and a European cup as head coach. Won a few more as an assistant and has a couple of grand slams. Those facts mean Edward's has so far accomplished alot more that Farrell. As I said, maybe in the future.

Sorry I was comparing International plaudits, club rugby titles certainly, Internationally Farrell`s star seems to be brighter.
    Last edited by Tallaght Tiger; 21st March 2019 at 21:18.

Noooobie

Sorry I was comparing International plaudits, club rugby titles certainly, Internationally Farrell`s star seems to be brighter.
    Seems as though Farrells move to Ireland coincided with them going downhill.

Learning All The Songs Kakariki's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by L.S.F View Post
    There's always one. And they clearly can't conduct business properly so bollocks to them, they're the laughing stock, not us.
    While I'm happy to see Wigan suffer, I disagree. We've seen time and again negative media output towards rugby league and so it will be the whole of rugby league, not just Wigan, who will be the laughing stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakariki View Post
    While I'm happy to see Wigan suffer, I disagree. We've seen time and again negative media output towards rugby league and so it will be the whole of rugby league, not just Wigan, who will be the laughing stock.
    You are right as the sport in its entirety will be shown as a rag bag outfit by the press.

It's entirely wigan's cock up though. But an opportunity to put the boot into RL as a whole I feel will not be missed

Don't think so. But, I had forgotten him, which may say it all for his profile. Though he was a great player.
    Was he as good as Sculthorpe?

Thread derailed

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post

Thread derailed
    I always think of Farrell as the prototype and Scully as the finished product. Not much between them though

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Thread derailed
    Nowhere near .
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Thread derailed
    I thought Sculthorpe had it all, the complete player. My lasting memory of Farrell was I think his final or penultimate season before RU. I think he started as 6 then 13 then SR and ended up as prop and carrying the whole team. He was a really good player but for me, Scully every time.
    Last edited by Belgian Saint; 22nd March 2019 at 17:16.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Unsurprisingly I'll go for Farrell.
    Bigger, faster, stronger and a much better kicker and captain.

I remember him picking the ball up from the back of the scrum in a derby game at Knowsley and going 45 metres to score.

Whenever they were in the same team Farrell was given the captaincy, including Saints own coach picking him ahead of Sculthorpe for Lancashire.

Both great players but Farrell edges it IMO. You'd love to have them in the same team in their prime, both would be marquee players.
    Last edited by Rogues Gallery; 22nd March 2019 at 18:24.

Learning All The Songs

I always remember Farrell & Scully coming to blows at Knowsley Road. It was when the winger who came with Apollo Perelini (his name escapes me atm but it was the guy who left soon after a biting incident with one of his kids) and he came in on a scuffle and side swiped a Wigan player then Farrell kept calling him a shit house before it all kicked off as they both squared up to each other.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post

I remember him picking the ball up from the back of the scrum in a derby game at Knowsley and going 45 metres to score.

Whenever they were in the same team Farrell was given the captaincy, including Saints own coach picking him ahead of Sculthorpe for Lancashire.

Bothe great players but Farrell edges it IMO. You'd love to have them in the same team in their prime, both would be marquee players.
    Obviously Sculthorpe for me, think he is the only player to have won the M.O.S. twice in 2 different positions. Also for me Scully had the better skill set as already mentioned the complete player whilst Farrell was a better captain, biggest negative for me was him going over to the dark side of Union and not putting something back into the League game.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by tilly2006 View Post
    I always remember Farrell & Scully coming to blows at Knowsley Road. It was when the winger who came with Apollo Perelini (his name escapes me atm but it was the guy who left soon after a biting incident with one of his kids) and he came in on a scuffle and side swiped a Wigan player then Farrell kept calling him a shit house before it all kicked off as they both squared up to each other.
    I think that was Dom Feaunati who was signed from Union along with Mauri Faasavalu .

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post

Both great players but Farrell edges it IMO. You'd love to have them in the same team in their prime, both would be marquee players.
    I have asked you this before with O`Loughlin in the mix also, you had Farrell, Scully then O`Lougthlin but not much in any of them.
    I do not think they played well in the same team (Gerard and Lampard syndome) too similar for me. Only room for one Alpha.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by tilly2006 View Post
    Dom Feanauti he was brought over with Mauri Faasavalu, Farrell was calling Feanauti a "sh@t house" for punching Stephen Wild who was a loose forward/second row for his career but on the wing in that match.

I thought Sculthorpe had it all, the complete player. My lasting memory of Farrell was I think his final or penultimate season before RU. I think he started as 6 then 13 then SR and ended up as prop and carrying the whole team. He was a really good player but for me, Scully every time.
    Agree with that. Best all round player I’ve seen for Saints by a country mile. Farrell was an amazing leader and as you say carried Wigan for a few years but didn’t have the skill set of Scully. His best position was at second row and he should have been used more there for GB I think

Learning All The Songs The Chief's Avatar

Lenaghan now back tracking, will be p***ing off many wigan fans who bought season tickets on false advertising

https://www.skysports.com/rugby-leag...head-coach-job

I think they need to give the job to Agent Lam

Quote Originally Posted by The Chief View Post
    Lenaghan now back tracking, will be p***ing off many wigan fans who bought season tickets on false advertising

https://www.skysports.com/rugby-leag...head-coach-job

I think they need to give the job to Agent Lam
    Poor Ian. Translates to 'There's a much better offer in Union & I never signed anything so thanks but no thanks.'

What a shambles. I know they didn’t tie him down with a written contract but it’s still out of order for Edwards to go back on his word

Upside
    Non Members

Edwards has stitched them up, out of order. Before signing an actual contract that he agreed to sign and took to press I guess he is having second thoughts and probably been offered good money to stay in union somewhere

That said Wigan should have got everything in place before announcing, they put themselves in this position and it's a shambles

Bottom of the league and now this, and after winning SL last year