Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Out of Contract Players

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Don View Post
    Amor is in form now and doing a good job. Props will usually be injured at some point in the season and Amor's experience has been useful especially when Thomo was out for 6 weeks.
    Amor signed his last contract just after winning player of the season, so I'd expect his agent used that to secure a very decent contract. This finishes after this season.

I'd be happy for him to stay, but a new contract must reflect his 'squad player' status. That then opens the possibility of another team offering a bigger contract as they see him as more of a key player. I guess that then creates a quandary for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Amor signed his last contract just after winning player of the season, so I'd expect his agent used that to secure a very decent contract. This finishes after this season.

I'd be happy for him to stay, but a new contract must reflect his 'squad player' status. That then opens the possibility of another team offering a bigger contract as they see him as more of a key player. I guess that then creates a quandary for him.
    I believe he is happy to stay as a squad player where he has a chance of having a successful career and winning something rather than earning a few quid more at a Huddersfield or Hull.....
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    I believe he is happy to stay as a squad player where he has a chance of having a successful career and winning something rather than earning a few quid more at a Huddersfield or Hull.....
    Makes sense for him and Saints.

Learning All The Songs

If we are looking to recruit any props, I’ve even impressed with Matty English and Oliver Wilson at Hudds. Remind me of Graham in his younger days. Probably signed up on good contracts at the moment but great prospects!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by snellinmo View Post
    If we are looking to recruit any props, I’ve even impressed with Matty English and Oliver Wilson at Hudds. Remind me of Graham in his younger days. Probably signed up on good contracts at the moment but great prospects!
    I agree with you on English, he looks a good player if a little raw. I can’t remember seeing the other lad.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

It's always a little strange when clubs don't sign anyone for the next season. I can't recall the last time it happened for us?

But the most important thing is to retain our talent and that's what we've done in the main so I'm comfortable with it. If Amor had left I'd have been looking at another prop. Obviously the coach is the most important move, whether it is Holbrook or a new coach.

I imagine there will be a fair bit of movement at the end of 2020 with quite a few players off contract - Thompson, Richardson, Peyroux, Taia and Amor that I can think of and a few of them will go you'd imagine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by snellinmo View Post
    Huddersfield have only just signed Oliver Wilson from Bradford for over £100k, he won't be going anywhere soon

Banned

What players are available that would strengthen us and not cost a stupid amount of money?

Unless someone is available then I don’t see the point, we may as well improve current contracts and try to build from within.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

We would probably need around 3 or 4 players in the 2021 season, but I'm almost sure I,ve read somewhere that monies will be available for 2020 mid season if a quality player becomes available.

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    We would probably need around 3 or 4 players in the 2021 season, but I'm almost sure I,ve read somewhere that monies will be available for 2020 mid season if a quality player becomes available.

You don't really want to buy 3 or 4 in one off season, better to look for what you need now, or look at the academy
    Then only have to buy two the year after

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    You don't really want to buy 3 or 4 in one off season, better to look for what you need now, or look at the academy
    Then only have to buy two the year after
    We will probably need to replace Amor, LMS, Tai and Paulo in 2021 and hate to say it but can Roby be looking at his last season at Saints in the not too distant future. From the Academy we don't look promising with any stand out players in the forwards we've got 2 or 3 promising backs but those positions are not a priority in the short term.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

There is no point buying or bringing any player in if he is not better than what you have or any of the juniors coming through.
    Learned comment from The Don

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Don View Post
    There is no point buying or bringing any player in if he is not better than what you have or any of the juniors coming through.
    Good point.

Squad management is and must be really hard.

*Need to know when to offload the older heads,
    *Not have too many coming OCC all at once or squad all age at the same time ,
    *Timing that your development players are not blocked from progressing,
    *Leave some wiggle room for injuries or a player on the market mid season.

Saints doing really well. A couple of years ago Saints were dreadful in this regard.

Particuarly impressed with the physical readiness and talent of the
    academy players coming through.

Be interesting to see how Richardson Bentley and Batchelor
    are managed next season, given other extensions.

An Amor extension just seems a bit "comfortable".
    LMS and Taia extended as the older heads.

Accept he is playing better but a squad always needs a sigining.
    I think keeping his place open or offering a development spot
    to a bolter from the championship or acedemy would be better.

Keep the edge and hunger at the margin.

Noooobie

Losing Swift and Douglas off the cap, but I imagine most of their salaries have been ate up by salary increase for others. If there is money available maybe a young prop or winger seen as a development project i.e next Walmsley from the championship or look at players available from the relegated club (couple of decent prop's maybe available Mulhearn at HKR springs to mind.)

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Lager View Post
    Losing Swift and Douglas off the cap, but I imagine most of their salaries have been ate up by salary increase for others. If there is money available maybe a young prop or winger seen as a development project i.e next Walmsley from the championship or look at players available from the relegated club (couple of decent prop's maybe available Mulhearn at HKR springs to mind.)
    I'd imagine mulherns next deal will be a decent one... Probably not enough in the cap to get him

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Lager View Post
    If there's money available I'd rather keep it in reserve. Either for a mid season signing if someone worthwhile becomes available or for if we have an injury crisis in one particular position and have to sign cover. Also leaves some available if we have to upgrade someone's contract and gives us even more to play with if a few players leave at the end of next year.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Got A Season Ticket

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post...s2KMzyRV8zhfhA

According to this Wigan were in for Ryan Atkins - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saintsmerrrt View Post
    https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post...s2KMzyRV8zhfhA

According to this Wigan were in for Ryan Atkins - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Hope they get him.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Hope they get him.
    I mean, if you could actually be bothered to read the article, he's off to Wakey.

Quote Originally Posted by Saintsmerrrt View Post
    I mean, if you could actually be bothered to read the article, he's off to Wakey.
    Ryan Atkins doesn't interest me enough to read about him.

Maybe he celebrated like he’d signed for Wigan when everyone else knew he was going to Wakefield

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

Was told today that Jackson Hastings is going to Leigh for the rest of the season as Salford can’t afford his wages.

I had a bit of sympathy for this guy with his ban, but he seems to have really gone off the rails now.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-50455162

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I had a bit of sympathy for this guy with his ban, but he seems to have really gone off the rails now.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-50455162
    What a massive bell. You know you have gone too far if an Australian politician is calling your comments "appallingly offensive".

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon Sexton View Post
    What a massive bell. You know you have gone too far if an Australian politician is calling your comments "appallingly offensive".
    Unless your another Australian politician.