Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sam Burgess

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CGSaint View Post
    His ex and her father sound like real pieces of shit.
    Looking in from the outside.

If the story about his drug-fuelled episodes and domestic violence is true, then they have been more than patient and understanding. This was an uncomfortable read; I'm sure someone posted the link at the time:

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...e70f5a9fed2b4d

Again, if true, then he has massive demons and a horrible side to him.

Starting A Programme Collection

Burgess came across as a real wrong un pure and simple tbh

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

I'd be interested to see how you've come to that conclusion based on what we've all read over the last six months.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    I'd be interested to see how you've come to that conclusion based on what we've all read over the last six months.
    Haven't you read the other garbage he posts?

Banned

Why?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    Indeed the evidence that we’ve heard points in one direction. For example, Im not sure I recall either burgess’s ex nor his father in law meeting in ‘underground’ locations to have their system pumped clean. Im not going to trial Burgess on a rugby forum, but slamming the father/ex when there appears little evidence for doing so just comes across as ‘Sam was a dead good Nrl player so must be a top bloke.’ More so when the latest case has just been heard in a court of law and Hookes account has been described as "impressive, believable and consistent" by the judge.
    Last edited by eddiewaringsflatcap; 6th February 2021 at 09:17.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

I could understand that point of view if you had only read SB's lawyer's pre trial statement. If you had read the earlier reports when the family had to call Jason Clark to come over to control SB. I think you would have a different take on things. I just wonder what happens to him now, does he get some help and resurrect some secondary career in RL or does he fade away and get into further trouble the way Dallas has seemed to?

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I could understand that point of view if you had only read SB's lawyer's pre trial statement. If you had read the earlier reports when the family had to call Jason Clark to come over to control SB. I think you would have a different take on things. I just wonder what happens to him now, does he get some help and resurrect some secondary career in RL or does he fade away and get into further trouble the way Dallas has seemed to?
    I can't see him going down the Dallas route as he is much more high profile & they are still recruiting drivers at Ben Barba's place anyway.

I am not in position to sit in judgment in Burgess' career, character or relatives. But I have the misfortune to work in Wigan. I can confirm that every pie eating scumbag, who I know, wanted to see the back of him. And have done so for what seems like forever. None of them wanted to see him recovered and back in the cherry and white (purple and black) (blue and white) ( whatever multicoloured rags they can knock out for £55). They all wanted to spend his salary cap elsewhere. So no great surprise to me, that a mutually agreed retirement has been announced.
    Here is hoping to full and speedy recovery, followed by a Yorkshire shirt and a comprehensive haunting of that turnip patch, we know as the DW.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by palmorr View Post
    I am not in position to sit in judgment in Burgess' career, character or relatives. But I have the misfortune to work in Wigan. I can confirm that every pie eating scumbag, who I know, wanted to see the back of him. And have done so for what seems like forever. None of them wanted to see him recovered and back in the cherry and white (purple and black) (blue and white) ( whatever multicoloured rags they can knock out for £55). They all wanted to spend his salary cap elsewhere. So no great surprise to me, that a mutually agreed retirement has been announced.
    Here is hoping to full and speedy recovery, followed by a Yorkshire shirt and a comprehensive haunting of that turnip patch, we know as the DW.
    Wrong Burgess

Banned

Default Sam Burgess

It’s looking like Sam Burgess is in free-fall at the moment. I hope he’s got someone who will give him good advice.

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/burge...gs-test-37267/

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    It’s looking like Sam Burgess is in free-fall at the moment. I hope he’s got someone who will give him good advice.

He obviously needs help, but you wonder how someone that had it all ends up like this.

It's really sad to see stuff like this.

I do think the likes of cocaine, etc... are a lot more rife in sport, and also in general than what I considered it would be, say 10 years or so ago. I always grew up with the belief that elite athletes wouldn't touch banned substances, but you soon realise that they are lot more rife in normal every day life than what you really know, and they are taken by sportspersons at all levels - grass roots, right the way up to the elite.

Sorry but I have little sympathy for him. Yes he’s had to finish his career through injury but so have lots of other athletes who wouldn’t have been on anywhere near as much money as he has been on.

He proved what a bloke is he by threatening his father in law, using his size to intimidate him not to mention allegedly abusing his wife. There’s been a lot of dirt on him that seems to have been as a result of a detailed investigation which when you look at the evidence is quite compelling.

I lost my respect for him when he developed a full Aussie accent. He sounded ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    I lost my respect for him when he developed a full Aussie accent. He sounded ridiculous.

The alternative was broad Yaaarksher. I think switching accents was one of Burgess's better choices.

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

Sorry but I have little sympathy for him. Yes he’s had to finish his career through injury but so have lots of other athletes who wouldn’t have been on anywhere near as much money as he has been on.

He proved what a bloke is he by threatening his father in law, using his size to intimidate him not to mention allegedly abusing his wife. There’s been a lot of dirt on him that seems to have been as a result of a detailed investigation which when you look at the evidence is quite compelling.

It is very difficult to avoid picking up that accent when you live there!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie McWolf View Post
    It is very difficult to avoid picking up that accent when you live there!
    The odd words and a twang yes I agree with. Not the way his accent was. Graham’s hasn’t massively changed nor has Hodgsons (he has been there a few years now)

No dog in this fight but having seen at first hand the depths people descend to when relationships end, tit for tat family wars and permanently antagonistic attitudes and acts based around ruining peoples lives and revenge, I’m inclined to think that there were no innocent’s in that particular episode.....

A direct quote from the court case stated that “ During the court proceedings, Phoebe and her father Mitch Hooke admitted to cooperating with a journalist they knew who wrote stories accusing Burgess of drug use and domestic violence”
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post

On his way to pick up his kids as well. He needs to sort himself out, quickly.

Banned

The odd words and a twang yes I agree with. Not the way his accent was. Graham’s hasn’t massively changed nor has Hodgsons (he has been there a few years now)

Must admit, my mate who lives in Perth has a right weird twang now although the last time I spoke to him it was 5 in the morning Perth time and he was on his way home after a night out.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    No dog in this fight but having seen at first hand the depths people descend to when relationships end, tit for tat family wars and permanently antagonistic attitudes and acts based around ruining peoples lives and revenge, I’m inclined to think that there were no innocent’s in that particular episode.....

A direct quote from the court case stated that “ During the court proceedings, Phoebe and her father Mitch Hooke admitted to cooperating with a journalist they knew who wrote stories accusing Burgess of drug use and domestic violence”
    I agree with this, this is a very messy situation where neither side look good, but he isnt helping himself by doing things like this, all this does is provide more ammo for his ex and her family to use against him.

At the end of the day, he has lost his career and family within a matter of months of each other, add in the accusation of, and conviction of Intimidation, handed down by someone who knew the Hooke family, he is having a very public meltdown and should be getting the support of his family, friends, NRL, Rabbitohs and the RLPA.

Learning All The Songs

I saw the latest news story.
    He just hasn't come across as a horrible person from what I've seen of him in interviews etc..

No smoke without fire and all that. Maybe he did threaten his father in law. Who knows
    If he needs help, I hope he gets it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsepho View Post
    I agree with this, this is a very messy situation where neither side look good, but he isnt helping himself by doing things like this, all this does is provide more ammo for his ex and her family to use against him.

At the end of the day, he has lost his career and family within a matter of months of each other, add in the accusation of, and conviction of Intimidation, handed down by someone who knew the Hooke family, he is having a very public meltdown and should be getting the support of his family, friends, NRL, Rabbitohs and the RLPA.
    I agree. He comes across as a prick but he's clearly got issues. It's interesting you mention the NRL with their infamous Integrity unit, where's their integrity now?

Learning All The Songs

Correct. Some of his behaviour has been reprehensible.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk