Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 81824252627282930 LastLast

Thread: The Gig Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    I've got a number of tickets lines up for next year but I'm starting to get the feeling that it will be 2022 before we get sweaty at a gig again.

Call me despondent if you like. :-)
    Same as including couple of festivals carried over from this year.

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    I've got a number of tickets lines up for next year but I'm starting to get the feeling that it will be 2022 before we get sweaty at a gig again.

Call me despondent if you like. :-)
    Have Doves in Nottingham booked for April. Be amazed if it happens.

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    Same as including couple of festivals carried over from this year.
    Did you get tickets for that Spike Island thing this year Paul? They put it back to September which was naive to say the least, and now apparently it’ll be on next summer. I’m doubting that will happen either. As you say, lots of stuff confidently scheduled or re scheduled for the first half of 2021 will bite the dust. If they’re saying no crowds at outdoor sport until March it’s highly unlikely they’ll let a thousand people into a gig venue to shout, sing, sweat and jump all over each other indoors until months after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    Did you get tickets for that Spike Island thing this year Paul? They put it back to September which was naive to say the least, and now apparently it’ll be on next summer. I’m doubting that will happen either. As you say, lots of stuff confidently scheduled or re scheduled for the first half of 2021 will bite the dust. If they’re saying no crowds at outdoor sport until March it’s highly unlikely they’ll let a thousand people into a gig venue to shout, sing, sweat and jump all over each other indoors until months after that.

No I didn't, tribute bands don't float my boat.
    I had tickets for Bearded Theory last May which was moved to September initially then cancelled until next May
    Also had tickets for Rebellion festival in Blackpool in August which again didn't happen
    After doing 19 of the last 20 Glastonbury's I couldn't get a ticket for 2020 so still sweating in limited number of re sale tickets for 2021.. I still think there has to be doubt over that happening too.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    No I didn't, tribute bands don't float my boat.
    I had tickets for Bearded Theory last May which was moved to September initially then cancelled until next May
    Also had tickets for Rebellion festival in Blackpool in August which again didn't happen
    After doing 19 of the last 20 Glastonbury's I couldn't get a ticket for 2020 so still sweating in limited number of re sale tickets for 2021.. I still think there has to be doubt over that happening too.
    Fair enough, I don't go to their gigs as a rule either, it was more the thought that it may be a good day and quite local. I'm not convinced it will ever happen to be honest because the whole point was the 30 year anniversary and by late 2021 that's pushing it, unless we all just decide to agree that 2020 didn't really happen! Same with Glastonbury really, it's a high risk event given its nature and the way crowds behave. You can't really do a social distanced music festival, and nor should anyone ever really want to.

Starting A Programme Collection

Next gig will be Nick Mason scheduled for last April. I’d expect it will be 12 months before I get chance to see the show. Can’t wait

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side Of The Moon View Post
    Next gig will be Nick Mason scheduled for last April. I’d expect it will be 12 months before I get chance to see the show. Can’t wait
    Embarrassingly I had to google who he was! Drummer in Floyd?

Shine On Weekender -Minehead - November 21

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Have Doves in Nottingham booked for April. Be amazed if it happens.

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk
    Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Love them.
    Yeah underrated really.
    Watched them last year at Bearded Theory festival think it was their first gig in many a year.

Also watched their main man Jimmy Goodwin at The Park at Glastonbury few years ago. His set was cut short in the maddest thunderstorm ever when they halted every stage on site because of the lightening! Wetter then an otters pocket it was!
    Very decent songs.

Skinny Lister -Manchester Gorilla- Nov 21.
    Very advanced bookings at the moment!

Actually went to a gig last weekend.

Mark Chadwick (Levellers) and Red Ken (Ferocious Dog ) at Manchester Academy . Great to finally get back to some live music.

Got A Season Ticket

Going to Angels & Airwaves gig in March 2022. Can't wait!

Seeing as most of the year has been cancelled got couple of indoor festivals booked towards the end of the year. Fingers crossed they happen

https://www.bigweekends.com/great-br...kegness-011021 and

https://www.shiiineon.com/

Punk all dayer in Blackpool in lieu of Rebellion full blown festival and also Buzzcocks at The Waterloo Blackpool same weekend.

UK Subs- Star & Garter Manchester

First gig of 2022 will be Yard Act at Stoke Sugarmill.

This year's festivals
    Bearded Theory (challenge cup final weekend which is a right bugger)
    Glastonbury
    Rebellion

Finally got to the gig a couple of weeks ago A few date changes and even a venue change but I got to see the show . First gig for ages and it was superb .

I'm going to see Gary Numan in Liverpool Tuesday next.

Noooobie

Finally got to the gig a couple of weeks ago A few date changes and even a venue change but I got to see the show . First gig for ages and it was superb .
    I'm going to see them on Friday - really looking forward to it. Funny to think that the first gig I went to was Pink Floyd at the Opera House in Manchester in Feb 1970. Now 52 years later I'll be seeing Nick Mason again!

Quote Originally Posted by RoughyedSaint View Post
    I'm going to see them on Friday - really looking forward to it. Funny to think that the first gig I went to was Pink Floyd at the Opera House in Manchester in Feb 1970. Now 52 years later I'll be seeing Nick Mason again!
    Did you enjoy the show ? Echoes was mind blowing . I was made up they played Atom hear mother too. I never seen Floyd . The only chance really was in 94 but only playing in London didn’t get chance being 16 at the time .
    Seeing them in 1970 must have been something !

I was at the Stones gig last night . They are simply amazing regardless of age . They played some of the old blues tracks which is what I wanted to hear so buzzing this morning

Literally the only time I’ve posted in this thread (I think).

Went to Alanis Morissette at AO Arena on Thursday. Jagged Little Pill 25th Anniversary 27 years after it was released. This gig has been a LONG time coming. The initial 25th Anniversary in 2020 got bumped due to Covid, then last year the dates outside North America were all postponed due to Covid again. Then the rearranged date should have been last Saturday but was postponed again due to Alanis losing her voice. Apparently she barely got through her Birmingham gig, then cancelled Leeds and postponed Manchester. Anyways, she did a solid two hours. She gets slated for poor audience interaction but boy can she sing. Somewhere I have to insert an Ironic joke, here it is: I said to the Mrs, we’ve waited two years for this gig and ended up watching 10,000 menopausal women singing Ironic to Alanis Morissette.

Beth Orton was support. Oh dear. She didn’t float my boat at all and the audio engineer needed a good kicking, the sound was atrocious, almost to the point where I was dreading what Alanis would sound like.

Next gig for me: Paul Heaton & Jackie Abbott.

I wanted to go to their songbook tour but couldn’t get a suitable venue/date so really chuffed when I found out they were coming to me.

Quote Originally Posted by RedVee Admin View Post
    Next gig for me: Paul Heaton & Jackie Abbott.

I wanted to go to their songbook tour but couldn’t get a suitable venue/date so really chuffed when I found out they were coming to me.
    I watched them in the Acoustic Tent at Glastonbury. Pretty decent although I'm not really a fan post Housemartins.

I do love Beth Orton though!