Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: In your dreams...

Banned

Default In your dreams...

Ok, so this is going to be a bit random... we can blame cabin fever from the lockdown maybe.

Anyway, I woke this morning having had one of those unsettlingly vivid dreams. And in this one, I was asked to go on as a late substitute in the Challenge Cup final for Saints against wi*an. We were winning fairly comfortably and there was only 10 minutes left. I recall thinking I must remember what to do because it's been so long since I last played. I remember joining a tackle and getting penalised for holding down (and hearing Eddie Waring saying it was an unlucky introduction for the new lad, but by the end of the sentence it was Eddie Hemmings speaking). And I can remember being relieved not to arse it up when I was passed by ball and I had to drive it in. But most vividly, I remember defending wide on the right near our line and Dennis Betts running straight at me. I managed to cling on and tackle him but he nearly scored and it bloody hurt. Then to hooter went and we all ran to the Saints fans to celebrate, and the Saints team were all from the Joynt, Long, S••••horpe, Cunningham era. But I had to leave them all quickly because I had to drive home. Nobody I spoke with, none of my friends or family, had watched it and nobody was bothered about what I'd done.

I don't think I've ever had a dream about playing for Saints. I had one about playing for Liverpool and King Kenny giving me footballing tips, but I was about 8 years old at the time.

Anyone else ever dreamt they were playing for Saints?

In The South Stand Paul Newlove's Avatar

It is funny what your mind cooks up, I vividly remember I was in year 11 at Cowley when the 1994 Ashes series was on, I came on as a substitute for GB, the Warrington Centre Allan Bateman got injured and came on in his place and remember being faced with Wendell Sailor running at me but trying to step also, I managed to tackle him (like I'd stop him��), the strangest thing about it though it was played at Odsal but the Odsal of the 50s that my Grandad used to tell me about where you got in the ground from the opposite end across a field and made your way down a track to a cindery standing area (obviously that wasn't my experience) but the strangest thing was I walked down a little side street to get there but it was Trafalgar st between Rivvy Road and Dilloway St.. �� Nuts... Its stayed clear in my head though.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Newlove View Post
    It is funny what your mind cooks up, I vividly remember I was in year 11 at Cowley when the 1994 Ashes series was on, I came on as a substitute for GB, the Warrington Centre Allan Bateman got injured and came on in his place and remember being faced with Wendell Sailor running at me but trying to step also, I managed to tackle him (like I'd stop him��), the strangest thing about it though it was played at Odsal but the Odsal of the 50s that my Grandad used to tell me about where you got in the ground from the opposite end across a field and made your way down a track to a cindery standing area (obviously that wasn't my experience) but the strangest thing was I walked down a little side street to get there but it was Trafalgar st between Rivvy Road and Dilloway St.. �� Nuts... Its stayed clear in my head though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Ok, so this is going to be a bit random... we can blame cabin fever from the lockdown maybe.

Anyway, I woke this morning having had one of those unsettlingly vivid dreams. And in this one, I was asked to go on as a late substitute in the Challenge Cup final for Saints against wi*an. We were winning fairly comfortably and there was only 10 minutes left. I recall thinking I must remember what to do because it's been so long since I last played. I remember joining a tackle and getting penalised for holding down (and hearing Eddie Waring saying it was an unlucky introduction for the new lad, but by the end of the sentence it was Eddie Hemmings speaking). And I can remember being relieved not to arse it up when I was passed by ball and I had to drive it in. But most vividly, I remember defending wide on the right near our line and Dennis Betts running straight at me. I managed to cling on and tackle him but he nearly scored and it bloody hurt. Then to hooter went and we all ran to the Saints fans to celebrate, and the Saints team were all from the Joynt, Long, S••••horpe, Cunningham era. But I had to leave them all quickly because I had to drive home. Nobody I spoke with, none of my friends or family, had watched it and nobody was bothered about what I'd done.

I don't think I've ever had a dream about playing for Saints. I had one about playing for Liverpool and King Kenny giving me footballing tips, but I was about 8 years old at the time.

Anyone else ever dreamt they were playing for Saints?
    Wish I had some of what you two have been on.

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Wish I had some of what you two have been on.
    Same here, but I can think of better things to dream about

In the Queens Arms dreading the King coming home early.

Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Grouse View Post
    Same here, but I can think of better things to dream about

Yes like a naked blonde presenting me with a cheque for winning the lotteries biggest ever jackpot and leading me over to a massive bed and beckoning me to join her on the bed and me saying "sod off luv the bank shuts in 5 minutes where's my bike". Don't they always let you down at the end.
    On the Back foot looking for the front one.

I dreamt that our forwards didn't get pulverised by Liam Watts & Grant Millington