Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tommy Makinson

Learning All The Songs

He has a good grab but at no point does he look them, he’ll get found guilty and probably see 6 weeks (or so) on the sideline but there’s not way you could say he meant it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    He had an absolute shocker outside of this incident as well, dropped everything in sight.

The one time he keeps hold of the ball looks like copping him a ban.

Banned

I cant see how he wont get a ban. Yes its not in his nature and he doesnt have a previous record but i still see him facing a lenghly ban

Banned

Not sure the ‘he wasn’t looking’ argument stands up.

Think you know if you have hold of another fellas balls. And he didn’t let go straight away which suggests some form of intent.

Long ban incoming and rightly so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Would like to hear Makinson's explanation of things, really out of character. Should imagine 4 game minimum if he convinces the disciplinary no intent based on an accidental grab.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Mander View Post
    An important situation to manage. I would normally look to the championship or academy but none of them have played.
    Maybe Jodie Broughton as an 8 game short term stopgap or Jacob Smille as a chance for a young gun.

Just plugging with the likes of Welsby on the wing is not the answer.

I think Simm needs to get a run at centre regardless.

Percival needs to give some thought as to whether he just wants to be a first tackle battering ram or a centre.

He needs to do his share but looks like all he wants to run through everyone on an exit set carry.
    There doesn't seem to be anything else to his game on his return.
    I first remember Percy noticeably running the ball back direct & straight against Catalan in that semi defeat, he stopped the crabbing looking for a player to bite in and started this as another string to his bow. Maybe it was to sell to the GB/England coaches that he was not just a silky class centre or perhaps was told to deliberately do this as Barry mentions.
    His shoulder injury occurred when he tried to put a big shot on BMM, I like you, think if you want to impose yourself on a bigger opponent frighten them with your pace, side step, ball handling skill. Himself and Tommy need to pick the times to do the big hit ups, the side running and side step may not always get the most yardage or hurt an opposition just as much but we may get another 5 games a season out of them, without the need for off season repairs that impact pre seasopn.
    Keith Senior said Jamie Peacock and JJB took most of his yardage from him as they were always available for hit ups in their own half screaming for the ball.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Tallaght Tiger View Post
    I first remember Percy noticeably running the ball back direct & straight against Catalan in that semi defeat, he stopped the crabbing looking for a player to bite in and started this as another string to his bow. Maybe it was to sell to the GB/England coaches that he was not just a silky class centre or perhaps was told to deliberately do this as Barry mentions.
    His shoulder injury occurred when he tried to put a big shot on BMM, I like you, think if you want to impose yourself on a bigger opponent frighten them with your pace, side step, ball handling skill. Himself and Tommy need to pick the times to do the big hit ups, the side running and side step may not always get the most yardage or hurt an opposition just as much but we may get another 5 games a season out of them, without the need for off season repairs that impact pre seasopn.
    Keith Senior said Jamie Peacock and JJB took most of his yardage from him as they were always available for hit ups in their own half screaming for the ball.
    100% agree with this post

As for tommy's he's 100% going to cop a ban and it will likely be around the 8 week mark

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

3-4 weeks i reckon. The judiciary are inconsistent as hell. Its not often that inconsistency works in Saints favour though. Its usually Wigan and Leeds who get away with murder.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    He had an absolute shocker outside of this incident as well, dropped everything in sight.
    As he’s been credited with making 188 metres, I assume that reflects how far the ball bounced forward after he’d dropped it. His numerous successful challenges of Clare following a kick obviously count for nothing in respect of metres gained as he invariably knocked the ball backwards.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Would like to hear Makinson's explanation of things, really out of character. Should imagine 4 game minimum if he convinces the disciplinary no intent based on an accidental grab.
    No explaining needed really, he did it, take the ban and move on.

Learning All The Songs

Did the guy who poked his finger up someone's bum in the NRL get more than 8 matches? (John Hopoate got 12 matches just checked)

So a finger up the bum is worth more than a grope in the bush?

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    Did the guy who poked his finger up someone's bum in the NRL get more than 8 matches? (John Hopoate got 12 matches just checked)

So a finger up the bum is worth more than a grope in the bush?
    I think he did it on a Jimmy Saville scale. He was doing it for a while before anyone shopped him IIRC.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    I think he did it on a Jimmy Saville scale. He was doing it for a while before anyone shopped him IIRC.
    Yep, three times in one match alone and had "no regrets" it was to unsettle the opposition.
    That man was ever so seriously unhinged but a tough man with it, he could make the opposition "breathe in" when they heard his name was on the team sheet.

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

Will anything come of the "stamp" on Shenton yesterday as well?

Tommy was playing like he'd had an argument with the Mrs before he went on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallaght Tiger View Post
    Yep, three times in one match alone and had "no regrets" it was to unsettle the opposition.
    That man was ever so seriously unhinged but a tough man with it, he could make the opposition "breathe in" when they heard his name was on the team sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkers89 View Post

Tommy was playing like he'd had an argument with the Mrs before he went on the pitch.
    Naaa that looked accidental to me. Even if Makinson had that malice in his game i doubt he would do it to Shenton. They were our right side centre wing combination in 2011.

Got A Replica Shirt

It was stupid. Never seen that side to Makinson’s game before. I’m not defending it, but does anyone find the reaction of Watts a bit odd? If someone grabbed me by the goolies I’d be screaming in pain. He simply knelt there and looked at the ref. Bizarre all round.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by SaintMCMXCIV View Post
    It was stupid. Never seen that side to Makinson’s game before. I’m not defending it, but does anyone find the reaction of Watts a bit odd? If someone grabbed me by the goolies I’d be screaming in pain. He simply knelt there and looked at the ref. Bizarre all round.
    He was playing for time, didn't want to stand up with a semi

Should have the book thrown at him! Disgusting act, whether it's in his nature or not - no place for things like that in sport (or life)!
    I ate a tuna sandwich on my first day!

Quote Originally Posted by SaintMCMXCIV View Post
    Was it a squirrel grip, or cow milking? Ones painful, ones quite pleasurable. Just sayin.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Private Pyle View Post
    He was playing for time, didn't want to stand up with a semi
    Ha Ha sorry that tickled me - I know it shouldn't but.

He will get a ban and rightly so I'm afraid. It's just a case of how much now.

In The South Stand

Must have balls of cast iron he never blinked.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sinkers89 View Post

Wasn't a stamp, it was totally accidental contact. It looked bad whe sky showed it in slow motion but in real time there was nothing in it,

The big question is assuming (he will) Tommy gets a ban. I understand it’s a straight 8 game ban if guilty.Who takes his place? Unless I’m mistaken we don’t have a 3rd genuine winger. His middle work will be greatly missed as much as his try scoring. A long period with a makeshift winger is not ideal at all.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

Noooobie

Tommy committed the crime now he will have to do the time.
    What about McShane kneeling on Tommy's face after a tackle.
    The rules need to be applied to everyone.