Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: Cats Vs wire

Learning All The Songs The frenchman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    I'm not sure banning is the only answer, somethings gone much more wrong when it's seen as the norm to abuse, swear, publicly criticise, demote and blame the ref for players misdemeanours.

All player actions are so easily justified, ref lost control, he kneed me,they started it, I'm defending myself, ref lost control etc etc.its as if no players or staff carries any responsibility.

This normalising means fans also think it's fine to abuse the ref and blame everyone else for anything that happens

Swearing at the ref for me is a slippy slope, excusing this leads to excusing it time and again until it's simply allowed.

My wife worked at a 6th form years ago and started to report each pupil who was more than ten minutes late. The support worker or whatever they were called said she was unfair as the bus was late, seems the bus was always late so it shouldn't be reported. So she asked what she should do if a pupil was late but it wasn't the bus, and she said they should be reported.
    The day after 3 people wer late and guess what, apparently their bus was late, the rest of the year time keeping was terrible but nobody was reported as it wasn't their fault

Long winded way of saying once you allow an excuse you may as well just allow the action as it's already accepted
    It's about using common sense though.

If he was swearing at child saying you f***in this and that fair enough. Ban him. That's not what happened though. You can only do things case by case, in this one, no way he deserved a ban it's madness.

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

The only controls a ref has in a game are penalties, yellow cards or red cards.

After the first "brawl" Child yellow carded a player from each side the next time it happened it should gave been a red card to a player from each side.
    By the time you get down to 11 v 11 the players may decide to play rugby instead of fighting.

I've seen it done before it works.

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Grouse View Post

After the first "brawl" Child yellow carded a player from each side the next time it happened it should gave been a red card to a player from each side.
    By the time you get down to 11 v 11 the players may decide to play rugby instead of fighting.

I've seen it done before and not work. When a ref try's to stamp down on teams often they and the fans feel harshly treated and they react

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by Mancunian Saint View Post
    But surely even a suspicion of his family being in danger would make him, or anyone turn round to ref and say sorry mr childs, my family comes first,,, what would YOU do?
    I wouldnt ask the ref, if I genuinely thought they were in danger I would aim to help. Odd that a player who ignored the ref all game suddenly when his family are in danger starts to respect the refs wishes

Flaying arms and mouthing off on the edge of trouble did nothing to help
    Last edited by Upside; 7th August 2019 at 08:49.

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by The frenchman View Post
    It's about using common sense though.

If he was swearing at child saying you f***in this and that fair enough. Ban him. That's not what happened though. You can only do things case by case, in this one, no way he deserved a ban it's madness.
    I do understand your point, and agree to a point, not sure a ban isn't the right thing but it should not be ignored

Turning a blind eye, ignoring or justifying swearing or other poor player behaviours is the thin end of the wedge, it's allowing lateness because it's the buses fault

But surely even a suspicion of his family being in danger would make him, or anyone turn round to ref and say sorry mr childs, my family comes first,,, what would YOU do?
    Did Hill go up there at the end of the game?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

I think the suspicion subsided when all he saw was quite a few Warrington Morons in the top 2 rows attacking the VIP boxes. Players from both sides were making gestures to calm things down but the fans in the scuffle were facing the wrong way to take any notice. I noticed Bird was alongside Hill making calming gestures but he ended up pushing Bird in the back I don't know what that was about.

Warrington are in the top 4 for the most ill disciplined team in superleague, 5 penalties minimum on Thursday they go top for that negative statistic.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kaygee View Post
    As they appear on the Disciplinary web site.

MATCH REVIEW PANEL MINUTES 05/08/2019 - MATTERS CONSIDERED

Catalans v Warrington

Chris Hill - Punching in the 15th minute (Simon) - Charge – NFA
    Mickael Simon - Use of head in the 15th minute (Hill) - 1 Match Penalty Notice

Michael McIlorum - High tackle in the 80th minute (Akauola) -1 Match Penalty Notice

An utter farce.

Firstly, it is Hill in the 15th min that high tackles Simon (ref awards penalty). No reference to this in the disciplinary report.

Secondly, Simon is under Hill the whole time during the initial scrap on the floor, and it's Hill who moves his head into Simon's (not exactly a head butt, more a pressing of his head into Simon's face). Hill also slams his forearm into the face of Simon. Yet they decide that Simon butted Hill? Seriously? From a prone position on the floor?

Thirdly, Paddy Whack's high tackle on Akauola wasn't any worse than Hill's on Simon (or than several each week)

Finally, no mention of Hill's 'foul and abusive language' towards Child.

Did Cullen go into work that day in his Warrington top?

Starting A Programme Collection

And in an article in this weeks league express a Warrington even admitted they have a large number of fans who enjoy a good scrap,,, unbelievable
    Edwards found Not Guilty! Must have had O J Simpson's lawyer, Tomkins appeals and loses his deposit for frivolous appeal, McClorrums suspension upheld, at least they got the last two right, but Edwards, words fail me

Starting A Programme Collection MachineGunFunk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Woolyback View Post
    Edwards found Not Guilty! Must have had O J Simpson's lawyer, Tomkins appeals and loses his deposit for frivolous appeal, McClorrums suspension upheld, at least they got the last two right, but Edwards, words fail me
    Re Edwards, not guilty even though he almost started scrapping with his own team mates when they tried to stop him!

How does the committee come up with these decisions, it's ridiculous. As with the Hill/Simon situation Webbo's mentioned above, they defy all sound logic. I'm sure 99% of folk would disagree with those outcomes so what does the panel see that the rest of us don't? Bizarre, corrupt, inept.......or all of the above?
    "Never write off the Saints!!"

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    An utter farce.

Firstly, it is Hill in the 15th min that high tackles Simon (ref awards penalty). No reference to this in the disciplinary report.

Secondly, Simon is under Hill the whole time during the initial scrap on the floor, and it's Hill who moves his head into Simon's (not exactly a head butt, more a pressing of his head into Simon's face). Hill also slams his forearm into the face of Simon. Yet they decide that Simon butted Hill? Seriously? From a prone position on the floor?

Thirdly, Paddy Whack's high tackle on Akauola wasn't any worse than Hill's on Simon (or than several each week)

Finally, no mention of Hill's 'foul and abusive language' towards Child.

Did Cullen go into work that day in his Warrington top?
    Absolutely spot on. It is clear that the RFL are not going to take the correct action, despite calling the incident "Appalling". This is why our game is going backwards. We need people who want to officiate (not exactly an advertisement for backing the ref from the RFL) we need people to want to come to games with their children and we need parents to encourage children to play the game (within the rules!). Instead of doing anything positive to encourage these groups we get the RFL using kid gloves against players who behaved disgracefully. Okay no one was seriously hurt, so what? Next time it could be a lot worse. just an awful day for the sport. We've got a rough, tough physical game, that in my opinion is the best in the world, but it's got to be played by the rules, or it isn't a game, it's a fight.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Grouse View Post

For me Childs was weak when Warrington wouldn't get back after the Fracas, no matter how many times he told them. I thought he should have told them that if they ignored him they would be yellowed, and he should have followed through with that.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Did Hill go up there at the end of the game?

Did he hell. I had this argument with Tallaght Tiger a couple of weeks ago. Hil is just a mouthy bully.

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    For me Childs was weak when Warrington wouldn't get back after the Fracas, no matter how many times he told them. I thought he should have told them that if they ignored him they would be yellowed, and he should have followed through with that.
    Maybe he could have been stronger, but for th players to ignore him shows a lack of basic respect for the official. Players ignore ref, ref gets the blame, team loses head, coach blames ref, it's purely victim blaming. It's similar to saying it's a woman's fault for being attacks as they walked around in a short skirt at night, it's his fault I ignored him!!

Maybe he could have been stronger, but for th players to ignore him shows a lack of basic respect for the official. Players ignore ref, ref gets the blame, team loses head, coach blames ref, it's purely victim blaming. It's similar to saying it's a woman's fault for being attacks as they walked around in a short skirt at night, it's his fault I ignored him!!
    He should have been stronger, but you are right he is copping a lot of blame for the actions of others.

The French TV company covering Catalans home games has now decided not to continue. It means that no more Catalans home games will be on Sky. No indication if this is just coincidence or fall out from Saturday.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by 49er View Post
    The French TV company covering Catalans home games has now decided not to continue. It means that no more Catalans home games will be on Sky. No indication if this is just coincidence or fall out from Saturday.

Very sad, add that to the list of things we can blame the ref for

Very sad, add that to the list of things we can blame the ref for
    It appears it’s nothing to do with the Saturday incidents. It’s a dispute over increased fees.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

The only thing that this all proves is just what an utter farce and disgrace the RFL disciplinary is.
    Learned comment from The Don

Default Money

It appears it’s nothing to do with the Saturday incidents. It’s a dispute over increased fees.
    https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post...ns-st-gaudens/

'beIN Sport will stop their live coverage of Catalans from next season after being asked by Super League chief Robert Elstone for more money. It costs around €20,000 to produce a game in Perpignan, and viewing figures in France aren’t making it worthwhile. With Sky using the beIN feed to show the games, it could mean a significant reduction in coverage next season unless a replacement broadcaster is found.'

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Don View Post
    The only thing that this all proves is just what an utter farce and disgrace the RFL disciplinary is.
    To be fair, that's been common knowledge for quite some time.

I've never gone in for all the conspiracy theories but something is really not right with this shambles. I've also never rated Childs and he's made plenty of mistakes in the past but the way he's been treated is quite honestly shocking. I wouldn't blame him for quitting but what I think would be more appropriate was if all referees made a stand and made all games this week kick off 15 mins late as a show of strength to the RFL.

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

I wouldn't be surprised if Child referees our game against Leeds the week after his demotion to the Championship, goes into discipline overdrive going yellow and red card crazy, and a couple or three of ours cop bans for Wembley.

It's in the script........
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

Got A Replica Shirt

James Child has refereed six championship games this season already, there's no statement saying he's been demoted he just been assigned the match.

That’s a shame. I really enjoy that time slot

Quote Originally Posted by antwnsaint View Post
    https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post...ns-st-gaudens/

'beIN Sport will stop their live coverage of Catalans from next season after being asked by Super League chief Robert Elstone for more money. It costs around €20,000 to produce a game in Perpignan, and viewing figures in France aren’t making it worthwhile. With Sky using the beIN feed to show the games, it could mean a significant reduction in coverage next season unless a replacement broadcaster is found.'
    Excellent, put himself in a strong position for when the next Sky deal he keeps wittering on needs negotiating.