Quote Originally Posted by The Surveyor View Post
    Grace back. No Roby, Walmesley or Coote
    Where’s YG when you need him?

Here’s a link:

https://www.saintsrlfc.com/2019/08/0...rington-clash/

Quote Originally Posted by The Surveyor View Post
    Grace back. No Roby, Walmesley or Coote
    Knowles still missing too.
    I am angry, I am ill and I'm as ugly as sin ...

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Roby not named in the 19, hopefully resting him rather than an injury? Coote, Walmsley and Knowles still missing.

No Charnley, Lineham, T. King, Austin, Hughes, D. Clark, J. Clark, Cooper and Philbin for Warrington. Can see us resting 1 or 2 of ours from the 19 originally named now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    Roby not named in the 19, hopefully resting him rather than an injury? Coote, Walmsley and Knowles still missing.

No Charnley, Lineham, T. King, Austin, Hughes, D. Clark, J. Clark, Cooper and Philbin for Warrington. Can see us resting 1 or 2 of ours from the 19 originally named now.
    You would hope Roby is being rested, but I wouldn't think he would need a rest the amount of games he has missed.

In The South Stand southernsaint7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    You would hope Roby is being rested, but I wouldn't think he would need a rest the amount of games he has missed.
    Perhaps being wrapped up so that he isnt targeted

Quote Originally Posted by southernsaint7 View Post
    Perhaps being wrapped up so that he isnt targeted
    Maybe Holbrook knew Clarke wasn’t playing so didn’t think it worth the risk

Got A Replica Shirt

I would possibly rest Lomax.

Ben Westwood named in the squad for Wire. I wonder if he’s been given any specific instructions on how to play?

Quote Originally Posted by SaintMCMXCIV View Post
    I would possibly rest Lomax.

Ben Westwood named in the squad for Wire. I wonder if he’s been given any specific instructions on how to play?
    No need to instruct him, he only knows one way.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post

Obviously, I can see why injured players are not included (Charnley, Austin) but are they all injured? Does anyone think that the club has taken the Catalans events more seriously than the RFL? Perhaps some of these players are being disciplined? Just a thought, what do you think? If that's the case well done Warrington. If not, why are they sending out such a depleted team, when second place is far from a formality?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    Obviously, I can see why injured players are not included (Charnley, Austin) but are they all injured? Does anyone think that the club has taken the Catalans events more seriously than the RFL? Perhaps some of these players are being disciplined? Just a thought, what do you think? If that's the case well done Warrington. If not, why are they sending out such a depleted team, when second place is far from a formality?
    Hughes is also injured.

And if Wire were really doing some internal disciplining, the wouldn't chief sh*thouse 'Budgie' Hill be missing?

Warrington have only named a 18 man squad. It’s rumoured the extra space will be filled by Matty Smith who has just signed for them.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    I doubt it's a disciplinary decision. Probably more toward they don't want a strong side to take a thrashing before Wembley. If a weakened side gets beat it will still allow them some moral with a more or less full side for the final.

Learning All The Songs

Justin has got this squad wrong Warrington are going to come out to knobble us or get someone sent off?
    Makes no sense whatsoever to risk anyone in this game who is going to play at Wembley

Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    Justin has got this squad wrong Warrington are going to come out to knobble us or get someone sent off?
    Makes no sense whatsoever to risk anyone in this game who is going to play at Wembley

Surprised we are not playing

Stone cold Steve Austin, Brock lesnar and the ultimate warrior for this one.

Starting A Programme Collection

Referee for Thursday is Mr Thaler . Mr Child is refereeing in the Championship this weekend .

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bewareshadows View Post
    Surprised we are not playing

Stone cold Steve Austin, Brock lesnar and the ultimate warrior for this one.

Nah, don't need performing clowns. Just get people like Arky, McCracken, Gibbs, Fogarty, Sculthorpe out of retirement.

Banned

In fact, that's a start for a 'Hard Buggers XIII' list

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Southstandsaint View Post
    Referee for Thursday is Mr Thaler . Mr Child is refereeing in the Championship this weekend .
    Apparently he's only had 2 Super League games since May

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I doubt it's a disciplinary decision. Probably more toward they don't want a strong side to take a thrashing before Wembley. If a weakened side gets beat it will still allow them some moral with a more or less full side for the final.
    Yeah think you're right, one eye on the final and probably not wanting to give much away for the final. They play Wigan next week and are probably targeting that game more than this one as they know a win there would probably stop Wigan from finishing 2nd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

Really clever from Holbrook in my opinion. As I said on another thread, we’ve had two relatively easy games and need a run out with a strong team. Next week will be the week we’ll rest most of the team.

Roby is the type of player that can be out for weeks and come back just as good, doesn’t need games to ease himself back in. Probably won’t see him until the Final now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs The frenchman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    Really clever from Holbrook in my opinion. As I said on another thread, we’ve had two relatively easy games and need a run out with a strong team. Next week will be the week we’ll rest most of the team.

Roby is the type of player that can be out for weeks and come back just as good, doesn’t need games to ease himself back in. Probably won’t see him until the Final now.

Do you think he'll rest many for Leeds? I'd like to see a near strength team if they are fit with lots of rotation during the game. We never seem to play well after time off.

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post

And what about Coote, Knowles and Walmsley? Will they play next Thursday do you reckon?

Problem with playing a full strength team the week before is that players may not go into it at full pelt. They know it’s a week from Wembley and in my opinion this is where they are more susceptible to pick up injuries. My worry is Coote. Going into the Final with no games since Wigan at H isn’t great not to mention if he’s not had the chance to practice his kicking with his injury.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Hughes is also injured.

And if Wire were really doing some internal disciplining, the wouldn't chief sh*thouse 'Budgie' Hill be missing?

That's true mate. Just wondering what their thinking was, probably nothing to do with disciplining players, just a thought and wanting to know what others felt.