Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Saints Ave Crowd

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by roy litherland View Post
    He does my head in Dave he has to jump on every post , just wondering has anyone ever met him is his name really Brian? , there's just something about his posts about his undoubtable knowledge about the junior players that makes me feel he is someone else nothing sinister by the way just the opposite , just someone I sometimes have a convo with and is connected to the Wigan club , thier comments , views are exactly the same arent they "JJ" or Brian ??.
    I'm not JJ although I do know him well. There are quite a few on here who do know me personally, I've had a pint or three with some of them.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    I'm not JJ although I do know him well. There are quite a few on here who do know me personally, I've had a pint or three with some of them.
    You were a part time "Pocket Nooker" Brian, how many years did you do there.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by steve17 View Post
    I couldn't go Friday so I don't know how many went from cas usually I think we bring around 1,000 tho
    Was told by a mate who is a strward there was one coach and four mini buses came

Learning All The Songs

I don't think any increase is to be sniffed at, particularly when most teams are losing fans. I think we were under 11k in 2017 so it shows the value of a feel good factor around the club and an entertaining style of play. If we're a bit smarter with making certain games into events (similar to the community round we had with Catalans) then I think there's potential to make it to 12,000 in the next few years. Particularly if it's on the back of winning trophies

As a related side note, with the Cup final moving to July next year I really hope the league as a whole take the opportunity to make something out of the August bank holiday weekend. The birth of RL was on 29th August and next year it's 125 years. If anyone anywhere in the sport has any brain cells they'd be making that a heritage themed round going forward

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 58er View Post
    Angry Dave. See you've got your "relatively" nice head on with this post. But try and be more friendly with the non saints fans.
    I don't mind most of them but that clown gets right on my wazz.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by roy litherland View Post
    He does my head in Dave he has to jump on every post , just wondering has anyone ever met him is his name really Brian? , there's just something about his posts about his undoubtable knowledge about the junior players that makes me feel he is someone else nothing sinister by the way just the opposite , just someone I sometimes have a convo with and is connected to the Wigan club , thier comments , views are exactly the same arent they "JJ" or Brian ??.
    I know someone who's met him and told me he's a clown.

In The South Stand

Losing Widnes and gaining London meant we’d have probably been looking at a deficit this year, so to gain a higher average is very good work. I seem to remember there was a big push around the Catalans home game, which was scheduled for a Sunday and we got a good crowd for that, things like that against teams who typically have few travelling fans (them and London, for example) is definitely a good thing to do.

Next year’s average will be interesting. Will it drop if we end up with nothing again? Or will it go up if we win the GF?
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    Losing Widnes and gaining London meant we’d have probably been looking at a deficit this year, so to gain a higher average is very good work. I seem to remember there was a big push around the Catalans home game, which was scheduled for a Sunday and we got a good crowd for that, things like that against teams who typically have few travelling fans (them and London, for example) is definitely a good thing to do.

Next year’s average will be interesting. Will it drop if we end up with nothing again? Or will it go up if we win the GF?
    I thinks the Catalan game was boosted by lots of freebies. I'm not knocking that BTW.
    There are many factors at play regarding crowd figures and the way they fluctuate. I just hope that the club have fairly accurate predictions and expectations of numbers for their business plans.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    You were a part time "Pocket Nooker" Brian, how many years did you do there.
    1964 - 72 Forsters/Rockware before joining The Big H
    I was there on missionary duty and learned to stand my corner in a discussion, essential when you're out numbered by over 100/1. Great times, great people, such a shame it had to close.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    The sad thing is though Roy when we played at Widnes for a season they had a great "social" type bar on the ground floor which got well used and had adequate seating. I was led to believe that we would have a similar sort of set up named the red vee bar. It is only a small moan in the bigger scheme of things but is a potential income stream not fully utilised.
    I the problem is , sometimes there's tables but no chairs and sometimes just a few chairs. A couple if people have complained and been told it's for safety reasons I.e. if we play the likes if Wigan they'll be removed so more people can be accommodated.? Load if rubbish as the Wigan game was one of the few times when there was plenty of chairs.

Got A Season Ticket

I make it a total of 143,303 after 13 home games, not counting Magic. That gives an average of 11,023 with Huddersfield game to come (which will probably not equal the average)

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Superblue View Post
    You cannot count the ones floating face down in Th’Otties after your CC Final defeat
    Please do not feed the dickheads.

Quote Originally Posted by wide 2 west View Post
    I the problem is , sometimes there's tables but no chairs and sometimes just a few chairs. A couple if people have complained and been told it's for safety reasons I.e. if we play the likes if Wigan they'll be removed so more people can be accommodated.? Load if rubbish as the Wigan game was one of the few times when there was plenty of chairs.
    I remember thinking it was a big missed opportunity not to have a larger room when I saw the plans. It could have been rammed on a match day with live music, street food etc

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Superblue View Post
    You cannot count the ones floating face down in Th’Otties after your CC Final defeat
    Are you the ex Husband and Brother of Kerry Katona? The fat one last seen on SKY getting battered by eight stone french men. Such good fans hardly any of you turned up to see the finest victory in the History of your scummy low life club. Equally hated by Wigan Widnes and Saints fans all of whom have seen plenty of Championship wins. Unlike any Scum fan under the age of 70 yes Seventy, Shameless.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Private Pyle View Post
    I don't think any increase is to be sniffed at, particularly when most teams are losing fans. I think we were under 11k in 2017 so it shows the value of a feel good factor around the club and an entertaining style of play. If we're a bit smarter with making certain games into events (similar to the community round we had with Catalans) then I think there's potential to make it to 12,000 in the next few years. Particularly if it's on the back of winning trophies

As a related side note, with the Cup final moving to July next year I really hope the league as a whole take the opportunity to make something out of the August bank holiday weekend. The birth of RL was on 29th August and next year it's 125 years. If anyone anywhere in the sport has any brain cells they'd be making that a heritage themed round going forward
    I think Saints allowed season ticket holders to bring a friend for a fiver for last Fridays Cas game which was a good move for ST Holders, being allowed to use them twice for the season. But i don’t think a lot of matches are promoted very well, it seems a lot of RL clubs think “we don’t need to do anything because they will still turn up”. As for the other clubs averages, Wire would have seen a rise in attendance’s because they put on a lot of offers. Catalans gates would’ve improved with them playing in Barca. London’s, HKR’s gates id expect to see them rise. But Wigan, Leeds, Hull fc id guess their gates are down.