Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Challenge Cup

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    Almost exactly what myself and my lad said upon viewing it. On field mistakes, I get it, it happens fast, there's a lot to keep watching and you have to be in the right place, the video ref however...……………….. It was obvious that the "scorer" got his knees forward and moved himself forward. If it had been momentum his legs would've remained straight as the momentum carried him over. The Crust Munchers were rightly penalised earlier in the season for their third and fourth man in tackles, which could be constituted as lying on, a flop or third or fourth man in when the tackle is completed. However, it appears that they (and they alone) are now able to revert to these tactics, hence slowing the game down and reducing good teams to their base level, great for the uninitiated, as it creates a "contest". Shocking really.

Regardless, I began cheering on the piescum. They played as well as they could do, whilst Wankey were off colour. It would have been good to get our biggest threat eliminated.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I flew home for 87. Your Dad didn't miss much. I know I am biased but I felt we were robbed that day.
    My first CC Final. Holdsworth was so pro-Yaaarksher full stop. He never made Pendlebury pack down properly all game, so that as soon as the ball came out the scrum, he was stood next to our first receiver ready to tackle them.

The Pendlebury ball knock-out was pure luck, whilst Platt said afterwards instead of passing to Elia (the forward pass), he could and should have just scored himself.

But at least one of the Saints players was kind enough to show Wilf Ball the George.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Regardless, I began cheering on the piescum. They played as well as they could do, whilst Wankey were off colour. It would have been good to get our biggest threat eliminated.
    Webbo, cheering on the Pies? It's not April Ist is it!!??

WARNING! PIE EATER!

It was a great game of rugby, obviously disappointed with the result, but it could have gone either way.
    Calella here we come

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Wasn't fussed who won the game, but when Hicks disallowed the Sarginson try from the Lulu crash tackle I wanted to the Goons to sneak it, that would have taken us halfway to Dire's annual "This is going to be Our Year" award.

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

Glad I wasn't the only one wanting the scum to win yesterday, rather a big club go out than them.

As for Barcelona, normal service resumed, not overly keen on Catalan at the minute but hope they hand them a mighty good hiding
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by warringtonsaint View Post
    Glad I wasn't the only one wanting the scum to win yesterday, rather a big club go out than them.

As for Barcelona, normal service resumed, not overly keen on Catalan at the minute but hope they hand them a mighty good hiding
    With all that's going on in Catalunya at present, Catalan will very much be playing for pride as well as 2 points.

Just realised I can't make the semi final if we get through!

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    With all that's going on in Catalunya at present, Catalan will very much be playing for pride as well as 2 points.
    Was down in the region last week - was being well promoted.
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............