Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chris Kendall today

Banned

Default Chris Kendall today

Did he get an instruction at half time...?

After a decent and fair performance in the first half, that display in the second was a joke, giving Leeds absolutely everything.

The first 15 mins of the 2nd half were particularly farcical. He started allowing Leeds an extra several seconds to clear the tackle - a couple of times Leeming was holding down the tackled Saints player whilst looking towards and communicating to his teammates to ensure they were set before allowing the Saints player up. Kendall did nothing. Then we (Lms?) had the ball kno led out by a Leeds hand: knock on. An almost carbon copy 2/3 tackles later with a Saints hand dislodging the ball: penalty. Numerous other wrong calls going Leeds' way.

But the crowning turd in the water pipe was the penalty against Bentley after he'd made a break then held down to a comical degree and as Bentley does finally force himself to his feet, the cheating Leeds player is knocked off - and Kendall gives Leeds the penalty.

If I didn't have utter faith that the RFL and Sky were scrupulously honest and had no agendas to follow, I might think Kendall had been instructed to stop Saints running up an embarrassing cricket score.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

That was my thoughts he allowed Leeming a lot of laying on time which would have been "6 again" in the first half, coincidentally Kendall is a Huddersfield fan and Leeming played for Huddersfield. Kendall also seemed to give Leeds the benefit of the doubt with loose carries, we should really have scored 50+ points.

Both McBanana and Agarrrr said the same thing in post match that Saints are playing at a different level to any another other team at the moment, we don't want the refs to be doing a bit of "levelling up" because of it.

Banned

I don’t like going in for conspiracy theories, especially at the moment but he certainly looked to be allowing Leeds more time on the floor in the second half plus a few soft penalties against us.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

He was trying his best to stop a whitewash.
    Learned comment from The Don

Starting A Programme Collection

The evidence is clear with us getting just 2 set restarts to Leeds' 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Don View Post
    I think that is about right.

Not necessarily WWE scripted but at the very least sub conscious.

A game at 24+ to nil is refed very differently to a game at 12-12.

Noooobie

And failing miserably!!!! : )

Banned

The penalty early in the second half against Bentley for trapping the marker was shambolic. The marker fell over after trying to slow the play the ball down. He set his stall out then to try and even up the game.

We may get less set restarts if we keep steam rolling steams as the new rules suit us more than anyone else and Sky won't want too many one sided matches.

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post

After a decent and fair performance in the first half, that display in the second was a joke, giving Leeds absolutely everything.

The first 15 mins of the 2nd half were particularly farcical. He started allowing Leeds an extra several seconds to clear the tackle - a couple of times Leeming was holding down the tackled Saints player whilst looking towards and communicating to his teammates to ensure they were set before allowing the Saints player up. Kendall did nothing. Then we (Lms?) had the ball kno led out by a Leeds hand: knock on. An almost carbon copy 2/3 tackles later with a Saints hand dislodging the ball: penalty. Numerous other wrong calls going Leeds' way.

But the crowning turd in the water pipe was the penalty against Bentley after he'd made a break then held down to a comical degree and as Bentley does finally force himself to his feet, the cheating Leeds player is knocked off - and Kendall gives Leeds the penalty.

If I didn't have utter faith that the RFL and Sky were scrupulously honest and had no agendas to follow, I might think Kendall had been instructed to stop Saints running up an embarrassing cricket score.
    Absolutely spot on. I said exactly the same to my wife after 15/20 mins of the second half.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by undertheradar View Post
    The penalty early in the second half against Bentley for trapping the marker was shambolic. The marker fell over after trying to slow the play the ball down. He set his stall out then to try and even up the game.

We may get less set restarts if we keep steam rolling steams as the new rules suit us more than anyone else and Sky won't want too many one sided matches.
    The bit that really annoyed me about that penalty is not long later he was yelling at a Leeds player for trapping a saints player and play just carried on.

In the Queens Arms dreading the King coming home early.

Wonder when the referee's tea party is at Warrington, I hear Hicks is down for Freeman of the Borough for his services to the success of the Cup Final win. If I was Knowles I'd try and get Hicks between himself and an opposing player and wipe the pair of them out.
    On the Back foot looking for the front one.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

I posted on here yesterday that I thought kendall had forgotten the 6 again, they were allowed to slow us down all the time after about 10 mins.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrass View Post
    If I was Knowles I'd try and get Hicks between himself and an opposing player and wipe the pair of them out.

Knowles should wear a Chris Houston disguise when he does it.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    The bit that really annoyed me about that penalty is not long later he was yelling at a Leeds player for trapping a saints player and play just carried on.
    Yeh I heard Kendall shouting at the Leeds player. One rule for us one for them.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Yeh I heard Kendall shouting at the Leeds player. One rule for us one for them.
    But Bentley wasn't trapping the Leeds player (at least not for most of the time). Why should he when he made a break, the Leeds defence was scattered, and we had players ready to take advantage of a the quick PTB that Bentley wanted? Maybe at the end once the holding down had allowed the Leeds defence to get sort of set, it isn't beyond the realms of possibility that Bentley then figured he might as well try for the penalty that should have already been given, but it just looks to me that he's trying to get up, and being prevented from doing so.

IMO it was a professional foul by the Leeds player and should have been a penalty to us and a yellow.

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

You hammered the team that were top of the league..but are in danger of coming across as “whiners “ rather than “winners”.

Got A Season Ticket

This is another example of how amateurish the game is over here compared to the professional approach the Aussies have to all aspects of the game. If the storm/panthers/roosters or whoever are giving a team a good hiding the refs over there don’t think “I need to officiate in such a way that the scoreline doesn’t become embarrassing”, they just referee it as if it’s 0-0

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by knowsleyroaders View Post
    Absolutely spot on. I said exactly the same to my wife after 15/20 mins of the second half.
    Our thoughts as well. Wonderful tackling to keep them out with all that gifted possession.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie McWolf View Post
    You hammered the team that were top of the league..but are in danger of coming across as “whiners “ rather than “winners”.
    I see what you did there.

Banned

Arsed

Learning All The Songs

Happy day number 23830.

In The South Stand

Didn’t think Kendall was particularly bad. He dealt with the Leeds headhunting well, when another one or two could have seen the game boil over and allowed for longer lying on in the second half, two weeks into a restart after five months off on a hot day when we played at break neck speed in the first half.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

Arsed
    Given that you started the topic I can’t say I’m surprised, but I am bowled over by your witty response.

Banned

Given that you started the topic I can’t say I’m surprised, but I am bowled over by your witty response.
    What do you expect me to say? Repeat all the incidences I've already outlined in my opening post?

My point is there was a very different approach to Kendall's reffing of the game in the second half and on numerous occasions some very puzzling decisions were made in Leeds' favour, with very similar 'offences' were treated differently.

If you want to conclude that pointing out these glaring inconsistencies makes me/us 'whiners' then that's your choice. Just as it's my choice to give a response I feel expresses just how little I value your input on the matter.

What do you expect me to say? Repeat all the incidences I've already outlined in my opening post?

My point is there was a very different approach to Kendall's reffing of the game in the second half and on numerous occasions some very puzzling decisions were made in Leeds' favour, with very similar 'offences' were treated differently.

If you want to conclude that pointing out these glaring inconsistencies makes me/us 'whiners' then that's your choice. Just as it's my choice to give a response I feel expresses just how little I value your input on the matter.
    BOOM! Nailed. Well done sir.