Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: James Bentley

Got A Season Ticket

Default James Bentley

Not sure if this was around the whole ground, but was very disappointed to see a lot of fans around me in the West stand booing James when he came on, and near enough every time he got the ball.

Not necessarily his best game ever (like others), but to boo the guy after 4 months out from a serious injury is poor form I think.

He’s a saints player, and whilst that remains the case I will always support him

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by St Nel View Post
    Not sure if this was around the whole ground, but was very disappointed to see a lot of fans around me in the West stand booing James when he came on, and near enough every time he got the ball.

Not necessarily his best game ever (like others), but to boo the guy after 4 months out from a serious injury is poor form I think.

He’s a saints player, and whilst that remains the case I will always support him
    I didn’t boo him when he came on but I was screaming at him by the end. Disgusting performance from him. A massive liability tonight.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

Unfortunately there are a core of so called Saints fans who are a disgrace. I can recall back to Kyle Eastmond and the fans once he announced he was going to union. Booing him, jeering him, swearing at him, abusing him. No wonder his head went. Bentley will get the same stick as he’s signing for Leeds, no one would care if in his case he went off to the NRL I’d imagine.

He was awful tonight though. I like his niggle but tonight was completely pathetic.

In The South Stand

Bentley was terrible tonight. Awful performance and awful attitude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheVee View Post
    Bentley was terrible tonight. Awful performance and awful attitude.

Expand on ‘awful attitude’ ?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

I like Bentley as a player, think he's been good for us but he was a liability tonight. Never known such an ill disciplined performance and he was one of the reasons we lost that tonight. An absolute brain-dead performance and I doubt he'll be selected next week if Knowles is fit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

Learning All The Songs

I don't think anyone would say that Bentley had a good game tonight, he gave away a lot of daft penalties.

Having said that, he was being booed and chanted 'we all hate Leeds scum' at before he'd even touched a ball or made a tackle, that's going to motivate you to want to perform well isn't it. I'm sure the players aren't bothered at all when it's opposition fans, but you're own is a different level.

I'd like to see any one of those people sat in their work and put in a good performance with people all around them, who are supposed to be supporting them, booing and jeering. Pathetic from a section of our fan base tonight and probably contributing to the performance they are now chastising.

In The South Stand

Expand on ‘awful attitude’ ?
    Don’t need to - just watch his performance

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    I like Bentley as a player, think he's been good for us but he was a liability tonight. Never known such an ill disciplined performance and he was one of the reasons we lost that tonight. An absolute brain-dead performance and I doubt he'll be selected next week if Knowles is fit.
    I’m not disagreeing with that, don’t think it’s as bad a many people say but I’m clearly in the minority and more than happy to accept I’m wrong on it. My issue here is purely around the booing as soon as he came on. To boo any saints player just seems crazy to me?

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheVee View Post
    Don’t need to - just watch his performance

I did, I was there and currently watching it back.

It’s a bad performance, no doubt. It’s also the same attitude every Saints fan loved this time last year, just without conviction. Think to single him out is lazy fan commentary. Nobody seems to be blaming Tommy for example?

Got A Season Ticket

Give over mate he gave away 6 or 7 penalties and was borderline with a couple of others. Shocking

In The South Stand

I was disappointed when he announced he was leaving but understand the reasons. I think there’s a very good player in there and we’ve seen plenty of it. That said, his discipline is a massive question mark over him and whether he’ll go on and be a real top player or just a good player.

His performance tonight was an absolute disgrace, mind.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Titan Saint View Post
    Give over mate he gave away 6 or 7 penalties and was borderline with a couple of others. Shocking
    Don’t think it was that bad, but my point is a different one. Nobody knew he was about to have a shocker when they booed him as he was coming on.

Maybe being booed by his own fans as he came on after 4 months out didn’t put him in the best mindset and had an effect on his performance???

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Nickles Forearm View Post
    Unfortunately there are a core of so called Saints fans who are a disgrace. I can recall back to Kyle Eastmond and the fans once he announced he was going to union. Booing him, jeering him, swearing at him, abusing him. No wonder his head went. Bentley will get the same stick as he’s signing for Leeds, no one would care if in his case he went off to the NRL I’d imagine.

He was awful tonight though. I like his niggle but tonight was completely pathetic.
    No doubt the same ones that boo when the team take the knee before the game

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    I was disappointed when he announced he was leaving but understand the reasons. I think there’s a very good player in there and we’ve seen plenty of it. That said, his discipline is a massive question mark over him and whether he’ll go on and be a real top player or just a good player.

His performance tonight was an absolute disgrace, mind.
    Leeds Rinos came close to signing Bentley from Bradford. Chev Walker pushed for him but he turned them down in favour of a move to saints so the whole im a leeds fan story is a complete farce he has chased the money. Good on him but a bit of loyalty should work both ways

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

Leeds Rinos came close to signing Bentley from Bradford. Chev Walker pushed for him but he turned them down in favour of a move to saints so the whole im a leeds fan story is a complete farce he has chased the money. Good on him but a bit of loyalty should work both ways
    It’s a short career. He went to saints as he believed they would develop him to where he wanted to be, we did. He is now offered big money to play back in Yorkshire where he is still living, he takes it. So what? He says I’ve always wanted to play for my boyhood club Leeds, what should he say. This isn’t what I want I’ll win nothing here but hey ho I’m on 50k more for doing the same job closer to home. Some saints fans need to give their heads a wobble. Embarrassing.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Nickles Forearm View Post
    It’s a short career. He went to saints as he believed they would develop him to where he wanted to be, we did. He is now offered big money to play back in Yorkshire where he is still living, he takes it. So what? He says I’ve always wanted to play for my boyhood club Leeds, what should he say. This isn’t what I want I’ll win nothing here but hey ho I’m on 50k more for doing the same job closer to home. Some saints fans need to give their heads a wobble. Embarrassing.
    I dont need give no head a wobble. I am loyal to MY club. One more big season at Saints and he would have left the club in a position where they had to pay him top money. He had one good full season then opted to chase the money. Which is fine its a short career. But my attention now goes towards Batchelor.

Got A Season Ticket Budgiezilla's Avatar

He definitely had a problem with Peter Mata'utia, and vice versa. Looked 'too fired up' maybe ?

Starting A Programme Collection Mr.Yat's Avatar

I also think Bachelor gave away a few too many technical penalties.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Yat View Post
    He did but some have them go the other way at times. Some loose carries.

Learning All The Songs

Bentley was trying to hard tonight and his dirty Leeds tactics caught up with him. He's a grafter all right will tackle all day but I'm not to upset he's moving on. Penalty machine.

Learning All The Songs

I did, I was there and currently watching it back.

It’s a bad performance, no doubt. It’s also the same attitude every Saints fan loved this time last year, just without conviction. Think to single him out is lazy fan commentary. Nobody seems to be blaming Tommy for example?
    Makinson has contributed a lot to this club. Bentley, on the other hand, has contributed f*ck all despite what many say. One of the most overrated players to pull on the shirt in recent years.

Learning All The Songs

I didn’t boo him either but I might have well as done. Utterly disgraceful performance, long lay off or not, that helped cost us the match. It’s incredible that people compared him to Bateman because he isn’t anything special at all.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Yat View Post
    Bachelor is garbage as well and it says a lot about the standard of Super League when he’s playing for Saints.

Banned

Is this a surprise ? A massive majority of this fan base are extremely thick with an IQ lower than my cats. I saw a lad screaming at Thaler to die of Covid. Was about 25 as well. Disgusting