Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 34 123451121 ... LastLast

Thread: Sky Commentary/Presentation

Banned

Default Sky Commentary/Presentation

I have to say, much improved this week. I think Leon Price is doing a good job, speaks well and improves Clarke. I also quite like Jon Wilkin on the in game commentary, there's a lot less of the daft "jokes" you get when it's just the chuckle brothers. I'm still not sold on that Ben Proe though.

Got A Season Ticket

And they seem less obsessed with promoting some sort of "controversy" this week

It is one thing I noticed from the NRL commentary, if there was a decision that was 50/50 they would talk about it for a minute, shrug, and then move on. Sky Sports always seem to want to make drama out of every little thing

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I have to say, much improved this week. I think Leon Price is doing a good job, speaks well and improves Clarke. I also quite like Jon Wilkin on the in game commentary, there's a lot less of the daft "jokes" you get when it's just the chuckle brothers. I'm still not sold on that Ben Proe though.
    Thought the same about Pryce and Wilkin. Clarke still talking the same rubbish - Toby King will be the Dream team Centre. He is not bad particularly defensively, but not in the same class as Percy

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Thought the same about Pryce and Wilkin. Clarke still talking the same rubbish - Toby King will be the Dream team Centre. He is not bad particularly defensively, but not in the same class as Percy
    And apparently Hull KR are the best team in the league to watch.

Don’t think Clarke’s white shoes match his outfit though.

And apparently Hull KR are the best team in the league to watch.
    He'll be tipping them to come second to Salford in the league.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by saintgeorge View Post
    I think him and Brian have had a bet as to who can wear the worst get up.

Learning All The Songs The Great Tom Vol's Avatar

Has the kick-off time Saints vs Wakefield time changed.

Learning All The Songs

Does the one who sounds like he's being permanently strangled only commentate on sunday games?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Tom Vol View Post
    Has the kick-off time Saints vs Wakefield time changed.
    Still 18:30 as far as I know.

Learning All The Songs The Great Tom Vol's Avatar

Still 18:30 as far as I know.
    The Wakefield match is the 16th at 16.15hrs but I a sure Carney said it was 12.55 hrs but I may be deaming. Tomorrow kick off is 18.30 hrs.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by saintgeorge View Post

I thought I was watching Randall and Hopkirk.

At least Bill Arthur got it right about Chris Hill "his now familiar stuttering run into the tackle"

Starting A Programme Collection Mr.Yat's Avatar

Starting A Programme Collection Mr.Yat's Avatar

He sounds a bit like "Barry from Watford".... Radio 2 a bit back ��

Noooobie

Thought Clarke had an Andy Pandy outfit on. I might be wrong but I get the impression he has had his “ 15 minutes of fame” and Sky are trying to identify a new set of pundits - just hope Offiah is not one of them.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Outback View Post
    Thought Clarke had an Andy Pandy outfit on. I might be wrong but I get the impression he has had his “ 15 minutes of fame” and Sky are trying to identify a new set of pundits - just hope Offiah is not one of them.
    Don’t worry, im guessing Offiah was just SKYs effort in Tokenism.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

I enjoyed Wilkin's commentary, can't remember doing much of that in the past.

What was interesting to hear was his analysis of players, such as "X usually runs an overs line", "Y usually defends on the inside" which is obviously as he's just retired.

O Connor I don't mind, Barrie Mac tries to be funny and uses stupid rhyming slang like "gets over and gets the Meat Pie" which just sounds ridiculous

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    Don’t worry, im guessing Offiah was just SKYs effort in Tokenism.
    Im sure skysports RL viewers will be given another history and politics lesson today. Its what we all pay our subscription for - to hear them preach to us great unwashed!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post
    Im sure skysports RL viewers will be given another history and politics lesson today. Its what we all pay our subscription for - to hear them preach to us great unwashed!
    Yep no doubt! If im black and they invited me onto the panel i’d like to think i would tell them to shove their invitation up their arse. They’ll probably have Paul Sterling on next week.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post

What was interesting to hear was his analysis of players, such as "X usually runs an overs line", "Y usually defends on the inside" which is obviously as he's just retired.

O Connor I don't mind, Barrie Mac tries to be funny and uses stupid rhyming slang like "gets over and gets the Meat Pie" which just sounds ridiculous
    Wilkin is brilliant at the analysis. Should be a permanent fixture

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post

I agree, O'Connor was a bit more bearable with Wilkin.

I've heard the Aussie commentators come out with with that meat pie line a few times.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    Yep no doubt! If im black and they invited me onto the panel i’d like to think i would tell them to shove their invitation up their arse. They’ll probably have Paul Sterling on next week.
    I was made up when Pep Guardia made his point about the ‘double standards’ in place when he was pressured not to eear a yellow ribbon. It was a point I argued before; Sky have now set a rod for the own back and Im going to enjoy watching them squirm as their platform will be used for more political expressions by different individuals. All this notwithstanding what taking a knee for a man killed in the US has to do in any way with UK sport.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post
    I was made up when Pep Guardia made his point about the ‘double standards’ in place when he was pressured not to eear a yellow ribbon. It was a point I argued before; Sky have now set a rod for the own back and Im going to enjoy watching them squirm as their platform will be used for more political expressions by different individuals. All this notwithstanding what taking a knee for a man killed in the US has to do in any way with UK sport.
    They absolutely bottled it yesterday Sky when Folau got MOM.

They were very quick to slate him for not taking the knee last week for BLM (like it's mandatory thing) and this week a few Catalans players and Wire players didn't take the knee and they didn't mention anything.

In the post match interview Jenna Brooks didn't ask him why he didn't kneel, so clearly the direction was not to ask the question. Absolute bottlers. Leon Pryce was very good in his thoughts about it I thought. No judgements passed on others for not doing so and explained BLM shouldn't be used as a political message and is just about raising awareness for equality and educating where needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    They absolutely bottled it yesterday Sky when Folau got MOM.

They were very quick to slate him for not taking the knee last week for BLM (like it's mandatory thing) and this week a few Catalans players and Wire players didn't take the knee and they didn't mention anything.

In the post match interview Jenna Brooks didn't ask him why he didn't kneel, so clearly the direction was not to ask the question. Absolute bottlers. Leon Pryce was very good in his thoughts about it I thought. No judgements passed on others for not doing so and explained BLM shouldn't be used as a political message and is just about raising awareness for equality and educating where needed.
    Its very easy to go after someone who is going against the grain alone, they stand out, but once more people do it attacking them becomes more difficult, it’s basically bullying in its simplest form. There is a huge difference between the comments that Folau said that got him sacked for Australian Rugby Union, which where deplorable, and simply standing there as he has done, its not like hes going out of his way to say black lives dont matter.