Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: For next season?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    He's done nothing for the past 2 seasons, but maybe a change of club?
    Would you prefer Jones over him? 2 very different second row's. I know you're not a fan but I think Jones/Bentley/Peyroux would be pretty good assuming Taia leaves at the end of the season. I also think McMeekan would be a good addition, as you say, maybe a change of scenery would do him good.

Banned

My only fear is that we lose size in the pack. Knowles is a star and Bentley is good, but both in the same back row? I think we need to import some size and aggression for next year.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    My only fear is that we lose size in the pack. Knowles is a star and Bentley is good, but both in the same back row? I think we need to import some size and aggression for next year.
    Ralph says we're signing Boyd Cordner.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Would you prefer Jones over him? 2 very different second row's. I know you're not a fan but I think Jones/Bentley/Peyroux would be pretty good assuming Taia leaves at the end of the season. I also think McMeekan would be a good addition, as you say, maybe a change of scenery would do him good.
    Difficult one that. Jones is currently playing better than McMeekan, but I feel is too small to be paired with Bentley. Especially when Morgan Knowles is not the biggest, but one of the best 13's in SL. As a regular starting SR I would probably go with Jones or McMeekan over Bentley whom I would have on the bench. If we get back to playing the way we were last year, then McMeekan as a running SR would suit us better. However if we went for McMeeken I would like to see him paired with a big rough SR. Dom is a heck of a worker but not great hands, however he is worth his place right now.

Banned

Difficult one that. Jones is currently playing better than McMeekan, but I feel is too small to be paired with Bentley. Especially when Morgan Knowles is not the biggest, but one of the best 13's in SL. As a regular starting SR I would probably go with Jones or McMeekan over Bentley whom I would have on the bench. If we get back to playing the way we were last year, then McMeekan as a running SR would suit us better. However if we went for McMeeken I would like to see him paired with a big rough SR. Dom is a heck of a worker but not great hands, however he is worth his place right now.
    I agree with how you've called it. Bentley could be brilliant off the bench for us and I have no worries at all about Knowles' size, he punches above his weight in any case. Although I wouldn't be against Jones returning either, I just think McMeekan would be a better fit.

Ralph says we're signing Boyd Cordner.
    He's stopped answering my calls.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    He's stopped answering my calls.
    Injunction must be in the post mate.

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

I haven't been Bentleys biggest fan as a first choice SR, but he is invaluable for his versatility, like you say he can fill in adequately in any of those positions. Even in a normal season he would be worth a spot on the bench most weeks.
    Yeah I don’t know where his best position is yet to be fair. As you say, it might be that his best role is coming off the bench when the game breaks up a bit.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

Injunction must be in the post mate.
    Ha ha ha ha ha.

Quote Originally Posted by Tez the Saint View Post
    Yeah I don’t know where his best position is yet to be fair. As you say, it might be that his best role is coming off the bench when the game breaks up a bit.
    I agree. I think he can lift us with his work rate when he comes off the bench. He's industrious and a grafter

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    I agree. I think he can lift us with his work rate when he comes off the bench. He's industrious and a grafter
    Same here, to me he has a bit of Jason Hooper about him.