Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Corona virus strikes.

It's at last getting the focus onto the lies and deception that we have been getting fed regarding testing, PPE and deaths outside hospital's.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackbit View Post
    It's at last getting the focus onto the lies and deception that we have been getting fed regarding testing, PPE and deaths outside hospital's.
    Its difficult to filter out the whole truth from the social media, it was only 4 weeks ago one of the top editorials said we were on course for 8 million being infected in the UK and 1 million will be admitted to hospitals.

The Public Health England must have known about the faulty and inadequate testing and advised the government to ensure the NHS is overwhelmed, unfortunately the no of deaths has many uncontrollable factors.

Thought this was a good explanation on the approach by PHE:- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCOk...3pJvNq_guLhLBI

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

It's OK Dave, the leader of the free world has said " I was being sarcastic"! Ffs, he got sarcastic mixed up with caustic!
    When the Americans use that term it really annoys me.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    When the Americans use that term it really annoys me.
    When they open their mouths it annoys me.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    When they open their mouths it annoys me.
    How do you think I feel, I'm married to one.

Have you taken her on a Sutton pub run yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Have you taken her on a Sutton pub run yet?
    Yes 30 years ago and It was a bit of a culture shock.

Yes 30 years ago and It was a bit of a culture shock.
    Ha ha ha. I bet

Banned

touché

Haha, so they are not all that bad then . For the most part the ones I've been in contact with have been great over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Its difficult to filter out the whole truth from the social media, it was only 4 weeks ago one of the top editorials said we were on course for 8 million being infected in the UK and 1 million will be admitted to hospitals.

The Public Health England must have known about the faulty and inadequate testing and advised the government to ensure the NHS is overwhelmed, unfortunately the no of deaths has many uncontrollable factors.

Thought this was a good explanation on the approach by PHE:- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCOk...3pJvNq_guLhLBI
    My concerns regarding the true figures is that most understand that we cannot get the exact amount who have Covid-19 or how many have/will die from it? But the release of the figures that are know, are being manipulated. Take for instance the addition made to the daily briefing graphs that the government are now giving regarding deaths outside of hospital's. Only those people who have been tested are added to the stats.

Those people who have died who have Covid-19 on their death certificates, but who have not been tested, these deaths are not included? This last group is the group, according to ONS, the care sector themselves and doctors make up the majority of deaths outside hospitals.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

For all you over 65's and/or key workers there is now a testing facility at Haydock Park if you have any symptoms.

https://www.gov.uk/apply-coronavirus-test

Stay safe everyone.

Haha, so they are not all that bad then . For the most part the ones I've been in contact with have been great over the years.
    To be honest, the things she has had to put up with for nearly 40 years because of me, most women would have left a long time ago. But Sutton never had the same ring as San Francisco.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    For all you over 65's and/or key workers there is now a testing facility at Haydock Park if you have any symptoms.

Stay safe everyone.
    We had our test done this afternoon, we got a really bad cough, headache and fatigue 10 days ago and can't shake it off. Driving through 5 checkpoints at Haydock with all the precautions of non physical contact it was like being in a Bio Hazard Film.

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

... For the most part the ones I've been in contact with have been great over the years.
    I'm guessing they're not the ones drinking bleach?
    ...But I agree with you. We've known several for many years, and visited the States a number of times. Unlike the stereotype, they are intelligent, gentle and very genuine. Great people!

Banned

To be fair I've met some great Yanks, it's the others that give them a bad name although some of them make me want drink bleach.

Starting A Programme Collection

Stay safe everyone.
    Google ONS England, there's now a map where you can put in your Post Code to see fatalities in your immediate area, I know it's a bit ghoulish but you can certainly see where to avoid in St Helens if you're ultra cautious,

Learning All The Songs

These new relaxed rules are causing issues. It appears places like the Lakes are not happy with people going there and enjoying the countryside, without being able to take money off them. Of course it’s about the virus, is nothing to do with the fact that all their business are shut and they can’t make any money out of punters.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Bostik Bailey View Post
    These new relaxed rules are causing issues. It appears places like the Lakes are not happy with people going there and enjoying the countryside, without being able to take money off them. Of course it’s about the virus, is nothing to do with the fact that all their business are shut and they can’t make any money out of punters.
    To be fair, Cumbria is one of the most infected areas in the country, even worse than us, probably because it has one of the oldest average age of the population, they don't call Grange over Sands," God's Waiting Room" for nothing! They can't really be criticised at the moment. I can't wait to go back up there but not yet, it's no use going up there for a good walk if there is not the reward of a pint at the end of it

Learning All The Songs

Anybody with a modicum of common sense would realise that it's not the right thing to do to go up to the Lakes or wherever at present. However, there are an awful lot of people who don't seem to have any common sense at all

Quote Originally Posted by Woolyback View Post
    To be fair, Cumbria is one of the most infected areas in the country, even worse than us, probably because it has one of the oldest average age of the population, they don't call Grange over Sands," God's Waiting Room" for nothing! They can't really be criticised at the moment. I can't wait to go back up there but not yet, it's no use going up there for a good walk if there is not the reward of a pint at the end of it
    I think the new guidelines is recreation in wide open spaces is acceptable, being a landscape photographer and lived in the Lakes for 17 years there are loads of places in the Lakes and Yorkshire Dales were you don't through a town or village, the problem will be be vigilante locals who will take frustrations out of your car, Coniston had a few incidents in the first week of lock down. Might go towards Sedgwick next week just off the motorway but wouldn't attempt any of the Towns like Kendal, Ambleside, Windermere, Keswick, Coniston etc. Barrow in furness is the worst effected at the moment but its not exactly a tourist destination for most people.

Just got a message from a couple of mates in the Lakes, some of the councils are keeping the remote area car parks shut so its going to be very difficult for day trippers to stop off anywhere.

The biggest concern has come from the Mountain Rescue Teams who can't socially distance carrying a stretcher, they don't want a horde of people on the Lakeland + Yorkshire Fells with the risk of injuries and having to go to their local hospitals for treatment.
    Last edited by STIDDY; 12th May 2020 at 09:00.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by maghullsaint View Post
    Anybody with a modicum of common sense would realise that it's not the right thing to do to go up to the Lakes or wherever at present. However, there are an awful lot of people who don't seem to have any common sense at all
    Spot on. I thought to myself yesterday, nice one, I can go fishing and play golf at least which is very welcome to say the least so I had a walk around a few places near my house yesterday Leg O Mutton dam was full of young lads upto something or other as they all legged it when they heard police sirens, it was the same up red rocks too, gangs of young lads hanging around (no idea why as it was freezing up there) and then walked back through Taylor Park and that just seemed like a normal day. I get people have had enough but there's too many people taking the •••• at the moment for this to go away anytime soon and I'm getting sick off seeing gangs of kids kicking about.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Spot on. I thought to myself yesterday, nice one, I can go fishing and play golf at least which is very welcome to say the least so I had a walk around a few places near my house yesterday Leg O Mutton dam was full of young lads upto something or other as they all legged it when they heard police sirens, it was the same up red rocks too, gangs of young lads hanging around (no idea why as it was freezing up there) and then walked back through Taylor Park and that just seemed like a normal day. I get people have had enough but there's too many people taking the •••• at the moment for this to go away anytime soon and I'm getting sick off seeing gangs of kids kicking about.
    We live on the banks of the canal in Maghull. Its like the Tour de France at times with the number of cyclists coming through

WARNING! PIE EATER!

From our front windows we can see two of the paths that lead up to Billinge Hill, some days it's like a bloody procession up there. Cars parked/abandoned!!! on the roads leading to the paths, it's ridiculous.

From our front windows we can see two of the paths that lead up to Billinge Hill, some days it's like a bloody procession up there. Cars parked/abandoned!!! on the roads leading to the paths, it's ridiculous.
    Most mornings I bike the 21 locks on the Leeds/Liverpool Canal pre lockdown I would pass about 6 people. The past 4 weeks it’s like the M25 and people are in their hundreds. Young ladies are the worse walking the dog on long leads, they also wear ear plugs and are completely unaware of the surroundings. It would need a low flying jet to get a response out of them.