Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Ryan morgan

Got A Season Ticket

Default Ryan morgan

Anyone know what has happened to him, is he still playing for London or back on Australia. Always felt he had a raw deal with us. Hope he is ok and I
    has a future in rugby league.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Benchar View Post
    Anyone know what has happened to him, is he still playing for London or back on Australia. Always felt he had a raw deal with us. Hope he is ok and I
    has a future in rugby league.
    Why? He was average at best. If a St Helens lad had churned out his performances many would have criticised. There was a reason Saints won the GF and a part of it was moving on from Morgan and to a lesser extent, Douglas.

Banned

Why did he get a raw deal? He got a contract, wasn't very good and was sent out on loan, what's the issue?

Got A Season Ticket

I didn't mean he got a raw deal from the club, I meant from people on red vee. He couldn't do anything right for some folk. He was a steady eddy, much like Luke Douglas. Just interested as to where he is now.

Banned

What a load of tripe. He did not get a raw deal on here it was always quite a balanced view. He seemed as though he wasn't that happy here at first and he also cost us at Cas in a very important game and was eventually released. "Right Decision" I wish him well, as will the club.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    What a load of tripe. He did not get a raw deal on here it was always quite a balanced view. He seemed as though he wasn't that happy here at first and he also cost us at Cas in a very important game and was eventually released. "Right Decision" I wish him well, as will the club.
    Exactly. He was rightly blamed for the Castleford game, as was Percival for his kicking. I don't think he got any worse stick than anyone else. I certainly don't wish him any ill will, he just wasn't good enough.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Seem to remember it took a while for him to settle in, he seemed to hate the cold damp British weather, once he got to play on the dry hard pitches he seemed OK. In his last season with us he struggled a lot with concussion similar to Gilmour who couldn't handle those head knocks. He will always be remembered for that Castleford game though, not one of the best centres we have had but at the same time not one of the worse.

Learning All The Songs SaintJon's Avatar

Also think it didn't help, Cunningham comparing him to Jamie Lyon when he first came over.

Starting A Programme Collection Roger Moore's Avatar

Always thought he was a solid defender if not prolific in attack. Improved as time went on. Felt a bit sorry for him the way he got blamed for the Cas defeat. Yes his was a stand out error giving away the penalty. There were, however, other errors in that game that led directly or indirectly to tries being bombed or tries given away. Had they not happened his wouldn't have been noticed as we would have won anyway.
    Loyal and true, not a glory hunter.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Moore View Post
    Always thought he was a solid defender if not prolific in attack. Improved as time went on. Felt a bit sorry for him the way he got blamed for the Cas defeat. Yes his was a stand out error giving away the penalty. There were, however, other errors in that game that led directly or indirectly to tries being bombed or tries given away. Had they not happened his wouldn't have been noticed as we would have won anyway.
    I think the timing of his penalty made us all remember it.

Cost us a GF appearance with his stupidity.
    I wouldn't hang a guy for one mistake but as far as I am concerned he was never anything better than average.
    Certainly not worth bringing half way around the world.

Learning All The Songs

Just another one of Cunninghams crap to average signings depending on who you were on about, he wasnt poor just no improvement on local players and took up more salary cap and an overseas slot.

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    Cost us a GF appearance with his stupidity.
    I wouldn't hang a guy for one mistake but as far as I am concerned he was never anything better than average.
    Certainly not worth bringing half way around the world.
    Thought he was a decent enough centre but Naiqama is clearly a better player.

Howler at cas that night but Percival kicking like he was wearing wellies didn't help. I'd have kicked most of them that night

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Thought he was a decent enough centre but Naiqama is clearly a better player.

Howler at cas that night but Percival kicking like he was wearing wellies didn't help. I'd have kicked most of them that night
    Come on. Get a grip of yourself. All kickers have off days.

Don Fox at Wembley in 1968.
    Terry Clawson at Wembley in 1972.
    Kel Coslett two from 8 at Leigh in 1970.
    St Helens Openwater Swimming Society

Looking out from the top of Table Mountain

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by CHANNEL22 View Post

Very true , but given Percival cant pass left either or run with crabbing inside which is a major problem for a left centre.

Like Percival, Morgan was average at Best. Percival does have the occasional masterclass to edge over him

Indeed. If he would have kicked one more, we would have won.

If Morgan hadn't had done that stupid grab at the Cas player, we'd have won.

Both equally to blame. I think Morgan scored our last try as well. Such a tough night that one. I was gutted

Banned

Ralph I have played and watched sport for 50 years and the only time I have counted my chickens before they where hatched was that night. I suppose its why we love sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    Ralph I have played and watched sport for 50 years and the only time I have counted my chickens before they where hatched was that night. I suppose its why we love sport.
    Same mate. I was bouncing all over the terraces when Morgan scored.

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side Of The Moon View Post
    Very true , but given Percival cant pass left either or run with crabbing inside which is a major problem for a left centre.

Like Percival, Morgan was average at Best. Percival does have the occasional masterclass to edge over him
    Lol.

Same mate. I was bouncing all over the terraces when Morgan scored.
    Me too, one of the best crowd celebrations in many a year when Morgan got that try.

The most annoying thing about the penalty he gave away was that Shenton had no chance of getting to the ball. I won't blame him for the loss, as we had other chances to win, but it was a frustrating error.

Hope he picks up a contract elsewhere. He was a decent centre if not spectacular, and it was another good decision to move him on for Naiqama. One which other, less ruthless coaches may not have made.

Noooobie

Both equally to blame. I think Morgan scored our last try as well. Such a tough night that one. I was gutted
    If you watch it back,it is very clever play by shenton.He knows the ball as gone and runs straight into Morgan throwing his arms in the air, like a footballer getting the touch judge to notice. The ref allows play on the touch judge says penalty

All "ifs" and "buts"

That season. If that Salford player had not tried the chip over and had LMS not passed to Matty Smith and if Matty Smith had not dropped that goal we would not have been in the play offs.

If Jonny Lomax had not scored that last minute try at Wakefield we would not have been in the play offs.

I am sure there are other incidents, like had Percival's try against Wigan (possible contact in the air) not been awarded. Had Makinson not tackled that Leeds player in the 1st game.

Had any of those things not happened Morgan's mistake would not have happened. All the players would have been on a beach somewhere.

As someone mentioned Morgan's error was in the last few seconds of a cup tie so sticks out like a sore thumb.
    St Helens Openwater Swimming Society

Looking out from the top of Table Mountain

Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar

Coote 2019 challenge cup final.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bewareshadows View Post
    Coote 2019 challenge cup final.
    Too soon