Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Cc leeds

Banned

Default Cc leeds

So leeds will have upto 9 players missing this week for them so how would you approach this one? Should have coote and passi back by saturday

Go full strengh best 17 and get some for behind the players

Or give some of the younger lads ago eg dodd welsby simm batchelor

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

It's a knock out game so anything but a full strength team would be an unnecessary risk.

The likes of Dodd, Simm, Batchelor etc will get game time as the season goes on so if Coote, Percival and Paasi are fit, they will play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    It's a knock out game so anything but a full strength team would be an unnecessary risk.

The likes of Dodd, Simm, Batchelor etc will get game time as the season goes on so if Coote, Percival and Paasi are fit, they will play.
    I think Welbsy should play over Coote - I don’t think a knock out game is ideal for Cootes first game of the season doesn’t seem wise and we’ve been burnt by rushing Coote back before. Percival and Paasi play if fit though

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Best 17 fit and available, no question. It's a knock out game, no need to take any chances.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    Best 17 fit and available, no question. It's a knock out game, no need to take any chances.
    This. We are 2 games in and there will be plenty of chances to rest and rotate later on.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Banned

So im guessing were all thinking of sticking with welsby at full back. For me its his best position and he deserves to keep it after how he played the first 2 games

It’s a cup tie - strongest 17 without a shadow of a doubt.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Regardless who plays, i hope we smash the team that beat us in all those grand finals. No conservative play, no kicking to corners early in sets, no going easy on them. Smash them in defence, run them ragged in attack with some open rugby. COYS!!
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Quote Originally Posted by itswide2west View Post
    So im guessing were all thinking of sticking with welsby at full back. For me its his best position and he deserves to keep it after how he played the first 2 games
    No. If Coote is fit he plays.

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

I would probably have coote miss another week.

Our next three games are Wakefield ,Hudds and Leigh. He can be brought back into the fold during them games.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post
    I think Welbsy should play over Coote - I don’t think a knock out game is ideal for Cootes first game of the season doesn’t seem wise and we’ve been burnt by rushing Coote back before. Percival and Paasi play if fit though
    Why would it be 'rushing' Coote back if he's cleared to play. Either he is fit or he isn't. If he is fit he should play. Keep it simple.

It's Leeds in the cup. The holders. Play strongest team possible & let's not mess about.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    It's Leeds in the cup. The holders. Play strongest team possible & let's not mess about.
    This.

Close the thread.
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post

I think that's a fair shout. He had a really poor game in the cup final 2 yrs ago after a long absence. Albeit so did plenty of others. I'd be conscious about putting him straight into a game like this based on that. Welsby was excellent last week. I expect coote to start but I can certainly understand the case for him not doing.

Learning All The Songs

Coote can come right back in with his experience. As mentioned there will be plenty of chances for the younger players as the season progresses.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrum Down View Post
    I think that's a fair shout. He had a really poor game in the cup final 2 yrs ago after a long absence. Albeit so did plenty of others. I'd be conscious about putting him straight into a game like this based on that. Welsby was excellent last week. I expect coote to start but I can certainly understand the case for him not doing.
    I suppose it all depends just how fit Coote is.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

I would go with our strongest side, there are no second chances in the cup. If we feel it may be an easy game all the more reason to play Coote and ease him into the season.

Learning All The Songs SaintJon's Avatar

Coote to play with Welsby taking Simms place.

Side note, I am a bit concerned with Percival and I do think he is going to be out for a while. Is it the same hamstring that he had the operation on? If it is I do fear he may not be the player he was before the op.

Learning All The Songs

I don't think Percy has played the full 80 in any game since the first game of last season. It is a bit of a worry

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SaintJon View Post
    Coote to play with Welsby taking Simms place.

Side note, I am a bit concerned with Percival and I do think he is going to be out for a while. Is it the same hamstring that he had the operation on? If it is I do fear he may not be the player he was before the op.
    Most likely option with Welsby going to full back if the game is won on 60 mins and Coote goes on the bench. Seem to remember Woolf mentioned at the time Percival had a knock rather than a strain, but we havn't got any updates.

Got A Season Ticket

I’m not concerned about Percivil he is fit when he is fit, if it takes a couple of months so be it. He is the best centre at the club and probably the best in the league. Gildart has had his injury problems at Wigan and I don’t see him getting grief.

Learning All The Songs SaintJon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nutgrovesaint View Post
    I’m not concerned about Percivil he is fit when he is fit, if it takes a couple of months so be it. He is the best centre at the club and probably the best in the league. Gildart has had his injury problems at Wigan and I don’t see him getting grief.
    I don't think he is getting grief at all. Everyone wants a fully fit Mark Percival in their squad. Hamstring injuries are just potentially so career changing, especially ones that need operating on. Just look at Michael Owen's interview on BT Sport, he said he was never the same player and was scared to make a run incase he injured himself again. As for Gildart, maybe it is indeed because he plays for Wigan and we just don't care?

Learning All The Songs

I'd worry about history repeating itself if either Coote or Percival play. Last season we brought Percival into a big cup game without him proving he can manage 80 mins beforehand. Lo and behold he went off in the first half and it cost us the game moving the team around.

I'm less worried with Coote given he's not dealing with a recurring and notoriously niggly injury, but playing Percival this weekend would be a firm no from me.

If either play then we at least need Welsby on the bench so we've got someone to fill in without pulling others out of position.

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Coote is an ultimate professional, with nothing to proove, he plays well in every game , Welsby has done well in his 2 games so far 'but' the lad is still under pressure to proove he has the 'quality' to be considered as an automatic choice in the first 13 to put a shirt on = Coote is without a shadow of a doubt in that 13 , Coote will play with Welsby in the Squad . Welsby will be in that first 13 for many years to come , Coote with age will slowly move down the pecking order .
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

In The South Stand

I’m not sure why we would go with a rotated side for a cup game against a half decent Super League side, injuries or not.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club