Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Saints Heritage Society

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

Default Saints Heritage Society

I assume some of them are members on here so I would just like to say thank you to the fans who run the Saints Heritage Site and for the effort they have put in compiling the list of players in order of their appearance for the club.

I popped down this morning to the open day to pick up a certificate for my Grandfather from 1895 it was interesting to fill in some of the blanks and to confirm some of the information I already knew about him.

Although Grandfather died before I was born it brought back a lot of family memories of time spent as a kid with my Grandmother, parents and uncles and aunties as a rugby mad family talking about him and the early days of Saints.

Of course I spent the rest of the day boring the pants off my own kids and grandkids telling them about it :-)

Thanks again.

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Grouse View Post
    I assume some of them are members on here so I would just like to say thank you to the fans who run the Saints Heritage Site and for the effort they have put in compiling the list of players in order of their appearance for the club.

I popped down this morning to the open day to pick up a certificate for my Grandfather from 1895 it was interesting to fill in some of the blanks and to confirm some of the information I already knew about him.

Although Grandfather died before I was born it brought back a lot of family memories of time spent as a kid with my Grandmother, parents and uncles and aunties as a rugby mad family talking about him and the early days of Saints.

Of course I spent the rest of the day boring the pants off my own kids and grandkids telling them about it :-)

Thanks again.

And so you should, be proud of your own, even if it bores others, be proud of your own

I agree. It’s a brilliant piece of work

Wonderful to see my grandad at #670 with the picture I sent the society a few years ago

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

The Heritage site is a great point of reference

Just looked up one of my ancestors James Ford I dont think he ever played a match he signed in 1915 but was killed in action in 1915, I have his Death Penny and a painting of him in his uniform before he went.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Grouse View Post

Thanks again.
    Spot on they do a fantastic job

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Qujaho View Post
    Just looked up one of my ancestors James Ford I dont think he ever played a match he signed in 1915 but was killed in action in 1915, I have his Death Penny and a painting of him in his uniform before he went.
    As much a Saint as all of our other players through the years mate, respect to him.
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

Quote Originally Posted by warringtonsaint View Post
    As much a Saint as all of our other players through the years mate, respect to him.
    Thank you, that was a very kind sentiment.

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by mufcsaint View Post
    Spot on they do a fantastic job

The work that they do is monumental. I can't imagine how many hours of research have gone into this project. It must be a true labour of love, and it is a superb resource. Many thanks to everyone that has produced this fascinating information for us.