Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NRL Targets

In The South Stand

Both Asiata and Afoa would do well over here. They’re not good enough over there but would be fine over here.

McQueen is off to Huddersfield.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    Both Asiata and Afoa would do well over here. They’re not good enough over there but would be fine over here.

McQueen is off to Huddersfield.
    That logic doesn't always work though. As often as not a player who isn't good enough for the NRL also turns out to be not good enough for SL.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    That logic doesn't always work though. As often as not a player who isn't good enough for the NRL also turns out to be not good enough for SL.
    Some of the NRL forums I've had a brief look at seem to think both would be decent signings. I think the 2 have a bit to offer in either hemisphere but as is the case these days, any SL signing from the NRL carries more danger than what it did say 20 years ago.

Banned

Agressive thats it. Prone to knock ons and only used in short pells. Rather we went elsewrre but maybe no one else is avaipable or affordable

Quote Originally Posted by itswide2west View Post
    Agressive thats it. Prone to knock ons and only used in short pells. Rather we went elsewrre but maybe no one else is avaipable or affordable
    Has two years left on his deal, so subsidised wages for 2 years of the 3? years offered.

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by itswide2west View Post
    Averaged around 100meters per game through his career which is decent if he has only been used in short spells, also looks a big unit.

Stats going back don’t show errors so can’t comment on that.

2020 hasn’t been a good year for him/the warriors with them having to stay in Australia, Paasi decided to stay in NZ and not play, this probably due to him having 4 children. Hopefully he has stayed fit.

Seems a good guy, been put forward for the Ken Stephenson medal for work in the community.

The way I look at it is, Ashworth, Paulo are not getting a look in so if we can we may as well take a punt on another prop who could contribute more. Wouldn’t mind a bit of extra size and aggression in addition to that what Joel Thompson will bring.

In The South Stand

All depends on the rules for next year, for me. If we’re keeping the six again rules, which I hope we do, players who play fewer minutes are less desirable. But that said, an average of 100m in the NRL is not to be sniffed at.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    All depends on the rules for next year, for me. If we’re keeping the six again rules, which I hope we do, players who play fewer minutes are less desirable. But that said, an average of 100m in the NRL is not to be sniffed at.
    It could be managed on the game minutes by making him a bench player at the start, Walmsley has been doing 25 to 30 mins in his starting spell so Paasi could do 10 to 15 mins either side of half time, Walmsley then does the last 25 mins of the game. The other rotation of Amor and Lees would depend on how Woolf wants to start the game as a defensive or attacking one.

In the Queens Arms dreading the King coming home early.

Saints announce new measures to ensure financial prosperity,

Saints today announced that they have signed King Midas so as to ward off any future financial crisis for the club. Chairman Eamonn McManus stated "I knew Kingy wasn't doing anything at the moment so I asked if he'd like to come on board as the price of Gold is good. As a favour to our fans Kingy will be in the Saints Superstore where fans can bring one small item which he will touch and turn to Gold".

Now let's see who is the first to point out how useless he would be.
    On the Back foot looking for the front one.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrass View Post
    Saints announce new measures to ensure financial prosperity,

Saints today announced that they have signed King Midas so as to ward off any future financial crisis for the club. Chairman Eamonn McManus stated "I knew Kingy wasn't doing anything at the moment so I asked if he'd like to come on board as the price of Gold is good. As a favour to our fans Kingy will be in the Saints Superstore where fans can bring one small item which he will touch and turn to Gold".

Now let's see who is the first to point out how useless he would be.
    Is he quicker than Joseph Paulo?

Starting A Programme Collection

[QUOTE=Gerry Mander;799508]Latest Target

Agnatius Paasi

[URL="https://www.totalrl.com/st

decent cv looks a big unit and we seemed hell bent on signing a prop from the nrl so fingers crossed

I hope we are looking at some wing cover as well, whose the best winger in the championship?

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    It could be managed on the game minutes by making him a bench player at the start, Walmsley has been doing 25 to 30 mins in his starting spell so Paasi could do 10 to 15 mins either side of half time, Walmsley then does the last 25 mins of the game. The other rotation of Amor and Lees would depend on how Woolf wants to start the game as a defensive or attacking one.

He’s certainly big enough at 6’ and 18st.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

I don't really know much about this guy but I do feel we need an inpact type prop who can offer something once Walmsley goes off. All our props are too nice and work rate type props so it'd be nice for someone to scatter people apart from Walmsley.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    I don't really know much about this guy but I do feel we need an inpact type prop who can offer something once Walmsley goes off. All our props are too nice and work rate type props so it'd be nice for someone to scatter people apart from Walmsley.
    Agreed. We have a good, hardworking pack but it lacks explosiveness when Walmsley is off. I personally don't mind if our new signing doesn't do big minutes, as long as he creates chaos while he's on.

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

Reportedly signed pending visa, NZ warriors fans sad to see him go saying he was one of their better forwards and strongest runners.