Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Luke Thommo homesick

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tilly2006 View Post
    I was listening to an NRL game on Aussie radio last week & the news at half time reported on a guy who went to the gym in his 14 day quarantine period and he got a $2700 fine. They seem a lot more strict when it comes to lock down.
    A woman in Perth got 6 months in Jail.

I was listening to an NRL game on Aussie radio last week & the news at half time reported on a guy who went to the gym in his 14 day quarantine period and he got a $2700 fine. They seem a lot more strict when it comes to lock down.
    Worth remembering, too, that in Sydney they’ve got a profile like Premiership footballers. If they sneak out there’s a good chance someone will hear about it.

Learning All The Songs

Would have him back in an instant.

I wouldn't take Eammon's original comments as gospel; he has form for making over-emotional statements. Thompson mentioned it was a great deal for Saints too.

Woolf's comments definitely paving the way should he want to return, but I could quite easily see Holbrook coming in and taking him.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    The NRL has a strict ‘bubble’ rule in place, which means that its players are effectively in lockdown, even while society at large isn’t.
    in fairness that is a pretty grim lifestyle, when all your family and friends are on the other side of the world.

Although the weather and salary should cushion that blow

I'd certainly want him back at the club , if there is any chance he is going to be released we should be all over it

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by JB1973 View Post
    in fairness that is a pretty grim lifestyle, when all your family and friends are on the other side of the world.

Although the weather and salary should cushion that blow

I'd certainly want him back at the club , if there is any chance he is going to be released we should be all over it
    Yes, I would hate to see him playing for another club in SL

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon Sexton View Post
    Would have him back in an instant.

I wouldn't take Eammon's original comments as gospel; he has form for making over-emotional statements. Thompson mentioned it was a great deal for Saints too.

Woolf's comments definitely paving the way should he want to return, but I could quite easily see Holbrook coming in and taking him.
    Yea. I Mean who would want to move to the Gold Coast when you can live in St.Helens.

Learning All The Songs

Not a chance he is coming back. This is a minor bump in the road for him.

Noooobie

I for one really hope he gets through the current difficulties and gets an opportunity to throw himself at the NRL. A lot of Australian pundits don't think Luke is big enough to make it over there as a prop forward, I hope he proves them wrong. Of course if he comes home then I hope he heads for St Helens

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie McWolf View Post
    We’ve got loads of space on the cap, I’m sure if he asked nicely he could join us.
    He’ll want to go to a big club I would think. I’m sure he’ll have had enough playing at also-rans at the bulldogs so can’t imagine him joining Wankington.
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    He's got little chance of winning a grand final at Canterbury as it is. Don't see why he'd diminish his chances even further by joining Warrington
    Ouch - good shot sir

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Starting A Programme Collection Roger Moore's Avatar

Fraid he could be the next Ryan Hall, 2nd team rugby but on great money.
    Loyal and true, not a glory hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Glasgowsaint View Post
    Not a chance he is coming back. This is a minor bump in the road for him.
    I agree , but he cannot carry on having 7 bells kicked out of him .

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

I think its only natural hes feeling home sick.

After the initial high from the few weeks of getting to know his new team mates, the excitement of a new city on the other side of the world , playing NRL there was always likely to be a "low point".

I think going there this season, was a season too soon. Too many big contract players who are garbage at the club, he was always going to sturggle to get a spot where he plays to his strengths.

That first game watching him at 13 was hard going knowing what he was capable of. Maybe the coach just wanted him on the pitch to get him some game time. But playing in a position hes not used to may have knocked his confidence.

If he can hold out till the end of this season, wait for some family members or partner to get out there, a full pre season and a stripped back squad, I fully expect him to reach the heights that we all believe he was destined for.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkers89 View Post
    I think its only natural hes feeling home sick.

After the initial high from the few weeks of getting to know his new team mates, the excitement of a new city on the other side of the world , playing NRL there was always likely to be a "low point".

I think going there this season, was a season too soon. Too many big contract players who are garbage at the club, he was always going to sturggle to get a spot where he plays to his strengths.

That first game watching him at 13 was hard going knowing what he was capable of. Maybe the coach just wanted him on the pitch to get him some game time. But playing in a position hes not used to may have knocked his confidence.

If he can hold out till the end of this season, wait for some family members or partner to get out there, a full pre season and a stripped back squad, I fully expect him to reach the heights that we all believe he was destined for.
    He won't get the time. Look at Canterbury's forum. They've turned on him. Was expected to be the messiah when in all reality, they need 10 players, not just Luke Thompson. Them & Brisbane are 2 of the worst NRL teams I've seen. They are rubbish

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

Still looks like made up shite to me. The dogs are morons they buy the best prop in superleague play him out of position when he hasn't played for 4 months and expect miracles.
    Learned comment from The Don

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    He won't get the time. Look at Canterbury's forum. They've turned on him. Was expected to be the messiah when in all reality, they need 10 players, not just Luke Thompson. Them & Brisbane are 2 of the worst NRL teams I've seen. They are rubbish
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Don View Post
    Still looks like made up shite to me. The dogs are morons they buy the best prop in superleague play him out of position when he hasn't played for 4 months and expect miracles.
    Both spot on, the dogs are crap and there fans retarded if they're turning on him already, they're a shocking side. I still can't work out why he signed for them other than being badly advised, he'd have been better with Holbrook.

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Both spot on, the dogs are crap and there fans retarded if they're turning on him already, they're a shocking side. I still can't work out why he signed for them other than being badly advised, he'd have been better with Holbrook.
    To be fair, Holbrook’s team looked a bigger basket case at the start of the season, he has done quite a job by the looks of things. Thompson will come good again whether at the Bulldogs or elsewhere.

Got A Replica Shirt

He picked the wrong time to move to the Dogs. Traditionally a great side. Even the pundits here are surprised at the awful season they’ve had. I wish Luke all the best. Funny, as I’m not hearing any adverse publicity about him. Peter Sterling was kind with his comments today: they’re resting Luke. Simple as. I’m playing devil’s advocate here. No one has stood out for the Dogs this year, apart from Josh Jackson. Luke will come good.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie McWolf View Post
    To be fair, Holbrook’s team looked a bigger basket case at the start of the season, he has done quite a job by the looks of things. Thompson will come good again whether at the Bulldogs or elsewhere.
    Yeah, fair comment, they've grown into it a bit plus Brisbane and Canterbury are looking worse week on week.

Quote Originally Posted by Over The Hill Saint View Post
    His manager turned Luke Thompson's head with the money. Luke is now finding out for himself money isn't everything.
    Did he not realise he was moving to the other side of the world during a coronavirus pandemic, to far to come back home for tea.
    Luke made the choice with poor advice, only got himself to blame.
    The good thing is Saints haven't missed him at all. Just need Jammer to sign for another season.
    His family is loaded mate. Money will have had nothing to do with it.
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Cleal View Post
    His family is loaded mate. Money will have had nothing to do with it.
    I really don't understand this argument, so if he stopped at Saint's on £150K his family would allow him to take £600K a year out of the 'family funds' to make up the shortfall.

In The West Stand

I really don't understand this argument, so if he stopped at Saint's on £150K his family would allow him to take £600K a year out of the 'family funds' to make up the shortfall.
    When the mortgage is already paid it’s far easier to be principled in your employment decisions

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post
    When the mortgage is already paid it’s far easier to be principled in your employment decisions
    Presuming you are satisfied with the size of your house. The guy may want to make his own way in the world and not want to be reliant on the family funds. Money ALWAYS comes into the equation.

Got A Season Ticket

Presuming you are satisfied with the size of your house. The guy may want to make his own way in the world and not want to be reliant on the family funds. Money ALWAYS comes into the equation.
    I’m bored of a Thompson thread about transfers, his families wealth is spoken about more than the move.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by A.O.88 View Post
    I’m bored of a Thompson thread about transfers, his families wealth is spoken about more than the move.
    Not by me.