Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: We Go Again!

Got A Season Ticket

Warrington did
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    That’s the forwards ‘recovery’ time while the backs take the first coupe of balls in. You’d have to be a machine to put 6 tackles in, run back after the kick then take drives in. All teams work that way
    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    He's just lacking in consistency and confidence at the moment he is more suited to being a second row running out wide like we played Big Joe, I seem to remember Thommo was a bit similar when he played the same no of games. LMS has been OK this year when we lost Thommo with his injury but with all the hype he had been generating up to the final he didn't really turn up as an experienced senior player with leadership qualities.

I said quite a few months ago that we need a big change in personnel for the 2021 and I don't think I've reason to change my mind on that one, for next season we really need a better 5th prop than Amor, LMS or Ashworth.
    I’d like to see him at second row before completely writing him off but as a prop he’s not good enough. Agree on changes to the squad, this team needs freshening up now, too many players who are used to losing big games together. I think the likes of Paulo (won’t happen), LMS, Amor, Taia and possibly Ashworth depending on how he gets on will either leave or need to. Until then hopefully Woolf can instill some resilience and win us a final next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Houghwood Saint View Post
    Ironically the defeat could work for us now as the expectations are lower. And i wouldnt let them anywhere near social media until the seasons over.
    To be fair if any current Saints player was to come onto this board and read “bottlers” from the clubs SUPPORTERS,what are they expecting from everyone else?!
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Some people need to get a ••••ing grip, second beat first, we go again, on and on to the GF. Hicks ups and all, we need to put this behind us,
    We have been outstanding this season, a joy to watch, these lads will get through this and lift the big one at the end, I have full faith in them all.

Ps, I was really sorry that Matty Lee's was not able to play yesterday, but Matty, if you read this? Do us proud in the next final we are in lad.

COYS

Quote Originally Posted by Jackbit View Post
    Some people need to get a ••••ing grip, second beat first, we go again, on and on to the GF. Hicks ups and all, we need to put this behind us,
    We have been outstanding this season, a joy to watch, these lads will get through this and lift the big one at the end, I have full faith in them all.

Ps, I was really sorry that Matty Lee's was not able to play yesterday, but Matty, if you read this? Do us proud in the next final we are in lad.

COYS

Yes!

You know it makes sense!!!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

COYS
    I do think we need to tweak a few things though and we've got 3 of 4 games to change the way we play. In a way we've been found out and the tactics employed to restrict our attacking shape and space will just come to the surface again if we get to the Grand Final. At the moment we need to be more hardened of that battle down the middle, also already mentioned we've got 2 centres who don't use their wingers, selfish Percival is getting on my nerves now thats 3 games in a row he's running laterally around like a headless chicken, he's a better player than that.

Since Longy has left we seem to be relying more and more on individuals to come up with something special instead of the smart plays of the first half of the season. Holbrook needs to get us back on the bike, players putting in 100% is fair enough but we do need to freshen up our attacking plays and improve our composure.

In The South Stand

COYS
    Amen to that Bro!

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

Its happened. In the past now. I wasnt happy at the time, still not happy now mind.

But...i'll keep spending my money when I can to get to Saints games. I will cheer them as loudly as I do every game.

I go in the hope one day, we can get this monkey of our back and start to win big games regularly.

Saints Until I Die. !!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sinkers89 View Post
    Its happened. In the past now. I wasnt happy at the time, still not happy now mind.

But...i'll keep spending my money when I can to get to Saints games. I will cheer them as loudly as I do every game.

I go in the hope one day, we can get this monkey of our back and start to win big games regularly.

Saints Until I Die. !!

100%.
    Back the lads or support someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by reliable sauce View Post
    100%.
    This

Learning All The Songs

100%.
    No one isn’t backing the lads, a lot of people are sick of the same performance in a big game, year after year.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Saints Until I Die. !!

I think most people will be back spending their money once the despair wears off. I am back in the UK next week and wouldn't dream of not going to the game.

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

Saints Until I Die. !!

Yeah I agree with this too.

After watching the game back, I think there’s more positives to take out of the game than I thought at the time. We made too many errors and that was where we lost the game IMO but we still created some good chances: the Morgan Knowles try should have been given and that was really nice play. Every other day of the year Tommy Makinson scores in the corner but the build up was good and showed what we can do when we’ve got some field position. Then Coote missed the goal as well (I actually think he slips) but if some of those chances are finished off, it’s a totally different game.

After the Catalan and Warrington semi-finals last year, I couldn’t see any positives in the performances at all but I’m not sure that’s the case after Saturday’s game. We’ve got a couple of games now to build some of the combinations back up that worked so well early on in the season, we can get Coote, Walmsley, Knowles and Roby back into form and fitness and hopefully we’ll be in a better position come the play-offs. The next three games are really important for us though IMO.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

Quote Originally Posted by Tez the Saint View Post
    Yeah I agree with this too.

After watching the game back, I think there’s more positives to take out of the game than I thought at the time. We made too many errors and that was where we lost the game IMO but we still created some good chances: the Morgan Knowles try should have been given and that was really nice play. Every other day of the year Tommy Makinson scores in the corner but the build up was good and showed what we can do when we’ve got some field position. Then Coote missed the goal as well (I actually think he slips) but if some of those chances are finished off, it’s a totally different game.

After the Catalan and Warrington semi-finals last year, I couldn’t see any positives in the performances at all but I’m not sure that’s the case after Saturday’s game. We’ve got a couple of games now to build some of the combinations back up that worked so well early on in the season, we can get Coote, Walmsley, Knowles and Roby back into form and fitness and hopefully we’ll be in a better position come the play-offs. The next three games are really important for us though IMO.
    I'm not so sure Tez. I'm kind of waiting for it to happen all over again. I just hope you're right. You usually are

Quote Originally Posted by SaintH517 View Post
    No one isn’t backing the lads, a lot of people are sick of the same performance in a big game, year after year.
    Are we on the same forum? Calling the players bottlers, losers, flat track bully’s?

If that’s backing the players then I’m sure they’d rather have no backing.

Learning All The Songs

Are we on the same forum? Calling the players bottlers, losers, flat track bully’s?

If that’s backing the players then I’m sure they’d rather have no backing.
    They’re being rightly criticised on a forum I doubt any of them view, after another dreadful big game performance. I’m pretty sure the majority of the people calling them that (myself included) will still be there on Friday supporting them.

They’re being rightly criticised on a forum I doubt any of them view, after another dreadful big game performance. I’m pretty sure the majority of the people calling them that (myself included) will still be there on Friday supporting them.
    It must be awful supporting people that you think are losers, bottlers and flat track bully’s.
    Enjoy the rest of the season.

In The South Stand

Yeah, the officials performances!

Starting A Programme Collection

Was it really a dreadful performance? We made mistakes but the majority of those came in the 2nd half when we were chasing the game. Could we have played better? Yes but at the same time I wouldn’t call it a dreadful performance. I’ve said it on other threads that I just think it was the perfect storm of everything going against us and everything going for Wire.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by parky151277 View Post
    Was it really a dreadful performance? We made mistakes but the majority of those came in the 2nd half when we were chasing the game. Could we have played better? Yes but at the same time I wouldn’t call it a dreadful performance. I’ve said it on other threads that I just think it was the perfect storm of everything going against us and everything going for Wire.
    I’d be shocked if any of these things have happened this year, possibly ever under Holbrook:

1. We’ve been nilled at HT.
    2. We’ve scored so few points.
    3. We’ve made that many errors in a game.
    4. We’ve completed as poorly as that.

It was pretty dreadful. I just can’t fathom Holbrook’s comments about being happy with that performance.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Learning All The Songs St Willy's Avatar

You need luck to win a final and lady luck was certainly on wires side on Saturday. These things normally even themselves over a season. Last season we beat wire 3 times and lost the forth which ended our season. This season we've done the same, BUT OUR SEASONS NOT OVER. Justin has time to learn from this and get it right. Let the doom and gloom go. Saturday is the past, GF is still the future and I think we'll get there no problem. Worry about winning it then. Get behind our boys. They need our support more than ever.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    RFL Championship / Super League (17) - 1931–32, 1952–53, 1958–59, 1965–66, 1969–70, 1970–71, 1974–75, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2006, 2014, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022

Challenge Cup (13) - 1955–56, 1960–61, 1965–66, 1971–72, 1975–76, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2021

World Club Challenge (3) - 2001, 2007, 2023

League Leader's Shield (9) - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2022

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by St Willy View Post
    You need luck to win a final and lady luck was certainly on wires side on Saturday. These things normally even themselves over a season. Last season we beat wire 3 times and lost the forth which ended our season. This season we've done the same, BUT OUR SEASONS NOT OVER. Justin has time to learn from this and get it right. Let the doom and gloom go. Saturday is the past, GF is still the future and I think we'll get there no problem. Worry about winning it then. Get behind our boys. They need our support more than ever.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    You could really have written this after the Catalans loss last summer and nobody would have known differently. I’m afraid that defeat does raise more questions about the playing squad and questions about JH.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    I’d be shocked if any of these things have happened this year, possibly ever under Holbrook:

1. We’ve been nilled at HT.
    2. We’ve scored so few points.
    3. We’ve made that many errors in a game.
    4. We’ve completed as poorly as that.

It was pretty dreadful. I just can’t fathom Holbrook’s comments about being happy with that performance.
    We were nilled at HT at Wire earlier in the season but came back to win in the 2nd half.

The other 3 points come from the same thing. Trying to chase a lead in 30 degree heat will lead to errors which in turn will make your completion rate poor and stop you scoring more points.

I’m not arguing that we played a great game but at the same time I don’t think that we were dreadful.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by parky151277 View Post
    I haven’t brought myself to watch the full game back so I might well be being a bit harsh, dreadful was how it felt watching it live. I just thought the way we went into panic mode straight after they scored was awful and the last thing you do in a cup final in searing heat. Thinking about the game more rationally though, there is a part of me that thinks had the officials done their job we might well have ended up stumbling over the line. Overall, I’m still massively concerned with the second half performance in particular.