Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Cats Vs wire

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mancunian Saint View Post
    Lolol,,, very immature little boy
    How so like? It's not me who's fuming because someone on the internet questioned your quite obvious and overt manliness.

Btw, I take you don't do irony, using lolol and very immature little boy on the same post.

Banned

I think you'll find a group of wire fans were fighting at last years grand final,, and that's not inventing possible trouble, it's stating a fact
    There's a core of Dire fans who are always wanting to play the hard man and cause trouble.

Been the case for years. Remember being about 15 and a group of adult Warrington arseholes trying to batter us on Alder Hey Road after a few of us were rubbing it in after we'd won again.

Banned

Oh, and I really doubt the Disciplinary will consider anything over 2 game bans for Wire players with Wembley coming up.

And although Austin has been anonymous against us everytime we've played them this year, I'd rather he be missing for the final.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Lots of Wire fans laying the entire blame for everything on Catalans fans, talk of chairs and bottles being thrown although i've no evidence to suggest this is the case but if it was, why do you then have to climb into the balcony area and antogonise the situation?

I've never been to Cats but know plenty of people who have and not once has anyone said there was an ounce of trouble (I have been to Warrington loads and not seen any either). I've also not seen the game but it appears to be bad tempered. There must be something underlying here.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Year before last there was a bit of trouble with Saints fans, but the actions of the stewards put it all out of proportion.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

I suppose all clubs have a bad element, but seems to be more apparent with a minority of wire fans
    Don't forget the Wire Stewards as well, that didn't go down well a couple of seasons back.

Banned

Some p*ssed-up teenwolfs were trying to cause trouble outside TTWS the other week, chucking beer (well, fruity cider ) at Saints fans as they walked past.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    There's a core of Dire fans who are always wanting to play the hard man and cause trouble.

Been the case for years. Remember being about 15 and a group of adult Warrington arseholes trying to batter us on Alder Hey Road after a few of us were rubbing it in after we'd won again.
    So you were taking the •••• and nearly got a slap? Then you wonder why? Aye, that's happened to me a few times too.

And yes, Warrington do have a section of arseholes same as most teams but it's hardly like walking round Milwall's ground in West Ham colours.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    So you were taking the •••• and nearly got a slap? Then you wonder why? Aye, that's happened to me a few times too.
    Fully grown blokes trying to beat up kids for a bit of banter?

Learning All The Songs Blue Harvest's Avatar

My first ever game of rugby league I went to was 35 years ago, Oldham v Warrington at the old watersheddings ground and for absolutely no reason, a middle aged female wire fan just shouted YOU'RE ****ING ****E,,,,, I was only 11,,totally gobsmacked
    You might have been shocked but if she was talking about the teams she was probably quite accutrate!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Fully grown blokes trying to beat up kids for a bit of banter?

I didn't say it was right but it happened to me more than once, luckily I was a lot quicker than some ••••ed up beer monsters, different times in the 90's though.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I didn't say it was right but it happened to me more than once, luckily I was a lot quicker than some ••••ed up beer monsters, different times in the 90's though.
    This was in the 80s!

And yeah, we started legging it - but a number of Saints fans gave the 'wtf do you think you're playing at?' to the bunch of Wire fans, who sort of slunk back.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheRLStatman View Post
    That Catalans guy in black t-shirt and glasses. He's trying to calm the orcs-in-blue-and-yellow down and one grabs him by the throat. The Catalans guy sparks him with a jab.

Funniest thing I've seen in ages

Banned

Does anyone know what actually sparked it all off? I've no idea but pure guesswork would suggest events on the pitch
    The Wire fans say it was caused by Catalans fans throwing bottles and chairs down onto them.

But the question must be asked: why, when they're winning easily and they've never done the throwing stuff down onto opposition fans before, would they suddenly decide to do this out of the blue?

This may sound draconian, but a total ban on alcohol sales INSIDE stadiums would help in my opinion
    Doubt this would make a difference. Pubs close to the ground do a roaring trade for hours before the game. The ‘fans’ would have had every opportunity to get tanked up in advance. And the palaver involved in buying refreshments inside Gilbert Brutus makes it not worth the hassle IMO

Starting A Programme Collection

Does anyone know what actually sparked it all off? I've no idea but pure guesswork would suggest events on the pitch
    One of the WarringtonRL fan site members is blaming James Child and although that is rubbish, I don't criticise referees generally but Childs does not seem to have the necessary empathy and rapport with players particularly in games which are likely heated meetings.Equally players don't seem to treat him with the respect he needs because of this.On another point there did appear to be a lack of stewards in the area where the trouble was taking place, apparently this is a known flash point and with the apparent record numbers of Warrington fans going, the baking heat, and obvious consumption of alcohol you would have thought there would have been a line of stewards between the lounge area in question and the Warrington so called fans. It might not have stopped the the awful scenes entirely but it might have lessened it. This in no way lessens the responsibility of Warrington to try and do something about their hooligan element, all clubs have problems with this, but it does appear that Warrington have always been the worst and have a much higher proportion of idiots

Banned

The Warrington fans sound just like those poor, misunderstood English football fans:
    “They started it...”
    Too many pathetic justifications, even the Warrington Guardian tries to cover it up a little. One of the videos on there shows someone lashing a beer at one of the Catalans players. At least a few comments on there call these idiots for what they are.

Got A Season Ticket

I watched the game from start to Finnish ,the referee let the game get out of hand by the hooligans in blue all started by hill who should get a lengthy ban but won't,the so called fans should be banned from any future matches they should be easy recognised on camera I've never seen scenes like it at a rugby game to me caused by a referee who should have taken a stance in the first half and sent at least two off

Quote Originally Posted by robo View Post
    I watched the game from start to Finnish ,the referee let the game get out of hand by the hooligans in blue all started by hill who should get a lengthy ban but won't,the so called fans should be banned from any future matches they should be easy recognised on camera I've never seen scenes like it at a rugby game to me caused by a referee who should have taken a stance in the first half and sent at least two off
    That’s ridiculous and totally unfair in my opinion. I, too, watched the whole game and Childs was on a hiding to nothing. He sin binned Hill and Macalorum in the first half, he could be repeatedly heard telling players to walk away and he penalised both teams on more than one occasion for questioning his decision. It was a red hot atmosphere played between two very physical, aggressive teams - neither of whose forwards wanted to take a backward step. As for the scenes at the end - if Child’s has finished the game early - some of the Warrington players would have gone into the crowd after the whistle and that could have caused yet more unpleasant scenes. He at least tried to stay calm - you could hear and sense that from his comments which could be clearly heard on TV.

Got A Season Ticket

Couple of posts on here sympathising with Chris Hill, I couldn’t disagree more. He is Warrington’s captain, yet conducts himself like a school ground bully. No respect for the referee, constantly gobbing off, and certainly no respect for the opposition players. The team and to some extent the fans probably follow his appalling example

Got A Season Ticket

Catalans have some of the grubiest players in the league Tompkins Bird Mcolorum Kenny Edwards I always think most of there games could end up out of control

Upside
    Non Members

I'm still trying to work out what happened

Th game seems to be a typical escalation of aggression, hard to know who's fault if anyone's individually without watching everything back fully and the fighting numerous times in slow motion. My guess is it's several players escalating the problem

As for the crowd it's looks ridiculous, why we're wire fans climbing up into that area? Seen claims that chairs were thrown, I'd like to see footage before judging, but even if they did I'm not sure that's the solution

Hill did a few sneaky things throughout the game, and should get a ban, others for me weren't that bad, but the reaction due to escalation of aggression made them look worse, how high was the final tackle to spark I think all? Didn't look that bad to me but the players were waiting for the blue tooth paper to go off

Large bans and fines are required

Got A Season Ticket

The whole incident has just been on the BBC main news. Thanks Warrington...

Upside
    Non Members

Just watched again, chris hill was a disgrace, ref trying to do his job and he just made it harder

Kenny Edwards just wanted to fight anyone

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

A genuine question.

What would have happened if Child had abandoned that game like some of the Warrington players were trying to get him to do?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Got A Season Ticket The Meister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saintgeorge View Post
    That’s ridiculous and totally unfair in my opinion. I, too, watched the whole game and Childs was on a hiding to nothing. He sin binned Hill and Macalorum in the first half, he could be repeatedly heard telling players to walk away and he penalised both teams on more than one occasion for questioning his decision. It was a red hot atmosphere played between two very physical, aggressive teams - neither of whose forwards wanted to take a backward step. As for the scenes at the end - if Child’s has finished the game early - some of the Warrington players would have gone into the crowd after the whistle and that could have caused yet more unpleasant scenes. He at least tried to stay calm - you could hear and sense that from his comments which could be clearly heard on TV.
    Absolutely spot on Saint George.
    Chris Hill needs to look at himself in the mirror if he thinks that his actions are justified.
    He walks around the pitch like he's carrying rolled up rugs under both arms and like he's crapped in his pants.
    He constantly questions the officials in an intimidating manor and tries to bully the opponents.
    Wouldn't mind - but he's a decent player on his day.
    The RLF need to set an example and punish the fool - and the Warrington Club need to fine him and strip him of the captaincy.
    “With great power comes great responsibility”