Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Tee Ritson Signs

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    I think fans will need to be patient on Ritson's progress, at the moment he is not superleague standard at all. The coaches might need 6 months to get him use to the team defensive structure and attack plays. Matt Daniels will also need a good few months to work on his strength and conditioning.
    He won't ever be unless he plays in it. A structured introduction, playing in the easier games and dropping out if he struggles is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    He won't ever be unless he plays in it. A structured introduction, playing in the easier games and dropping out if he struggles is the way to go.
    Agree. Its a balance. Everyone is different.

Calvin Wellington was thrown in and under the bus.

Walmsley was predicted to play a fair few games for Batley on loan back , he played 1 and never looked back.

Get through pre-season and see what shakes.

Learning All The Songs Brian Nazareth's Avatar

Whoever came up with the details of this deal (probably a combination of both Barrow and Saints) deserve a huge pat on the back. It's just... sensible. And fair.

I so want him to be a huge success.
    He's not the Messiah, he's a naughty boy.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Mander View Post
    Agree. Its a balance. Everyone is different.

Calvin Wellington was thrown in and under the bus.

Walmsley was predicted to play a fair few games for Batley on loan back , he played 1 and never looked back.

Get through pre-season and see what shakes.
    Calvin Wellington is the cautionary tale that sometimes, talent alone isnt enough. In all my time watching the academy I dont think I ever saw someone as good as him. He was absolutely unplayable and had all the traits you would think would make him an international. He had better footwork than Grace. I honestly dont know where it all went wrong for him

Quote Originally Posted by Euroboy View Post
    Calvin Wellington is the cautionary tale that sometimes, talent alone isnt enough. In all my time watching the academy I dont think I ever saw someone as good as him. He was absolutely unplayable and had all the traits you would think would make him an international. He had better footwork than Grace. I honestly dont know where it all went wrong for him
    Yeah, I remember when he and Grace were coming through the academy it was him I was more excited about.

Learning All The Songs The Chief's Avatar

Let’s be fair, is Ritson any less green than Grace was when he first broke into the first team? Clearly not. Yes he’s a few years older, but he has genuine pace, knows his way to the line and has ambition to be a SL player. When Grace came in you will remember that his kick returns were bang average, he used to stop at the line. His ability to take a high ball was hit and miss at best. You may remember he then spent some time in the off season with Tommy Makinson who helped him adjust his returns, particularly using footwork and acceleration at the line and the rest is history. I’m sure Tommy will have equally as much impact on Tee.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by The Chief View Post
    Let’s be fair, is Ritson any less green than Grace was when he first broke into the first team? Clearly not. Yes he’s a few years older, but he has genuine pace, knows his way to the line and has ambition to be a SL player. When Grace came in you will remember that his kick returns were bang average, he used to stop at the line. His ability to take a high ball was hit and miss at best. You may remember he then spent some time in the off season with Tommy Makinson who helped him adjust his returns, particularly using footwork and acceleration at the line and the rest is history. I’m sure Tommy will have equally as much impact on Tee.
    Fair comment. Quite where all the perceptions of poor defence comes from is baffling? watching Ritson for over 3 years at Barrow I can only remember one dropped high ball and his D positioning is good. Any winger can be beaten in a 2 v 1, his returning of the ball was very good having spent most of his early career as a very good full back. 70 tries in 73 games tells you he knows his way around a field and to the try line. A pre season with top SL players coaching will improve him. Barrow will sorely miss him.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnathon Doe View Post
    Fair comment. Quite where all the perceptions of poor defence comes from is baffling? watching Ritson for over 3 years at Barrow I can only remember one dropped high ball and his D positioning is good. Any winger can be beaten in a 2 v 1, his returning of the ball was very good having spent most of his early career as a very good full back. 70 tries in 73 games tells you he knows his way around a field and to the try line. A pre season with top SL players coaching will improve him. Barrow will sorely miss him.

Signings like the ones made this week have been suggested for a while
    and constantly shot down by the nobody is worthy , club knows best, Royston Vasey brigade.

The club have come down on the side of pace , breaking convention and thinking outside of the box.

Some luke warm and sneery takes is not unexpected.

Starting A Programme Collection

It all went wrong when he knocked on at Magic and Cunningham destroyed him by dragging him off immediately.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    I think fans will need to be patient on Ritson's progress, at the moment he is not superleague standard at all. The coaches might need 6 months to get him use to the team defensive structure and attack plays. Matt Daniels will also need a good few months to work on his strength and conditioning.
    Personally I think he will walk into the team and stay there. Surrounded by some top quality players he had every chance.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by robert80 View Post
    Personally I think he will walk into the team and stay there. Surrounded by some top quality players he had every chance.
    I hope so. I think he could be very exciting to watch outside Konrad Hurrell. He is very quick and from little bits I've seen on Youtube he is a winger who knows how to use the touchline which reminds me of Anthony Sullivan.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pasty View Post
    I hope so. I think he could be very exciting to watch outside Konrad Hurrell. He is very quick and from little bits I've seen on Youtube he is a winger who knows how to use the touchline which reminds me of Anthony Sullivan.
    Yes, he would better suited to play on the right alongside Hurrell, Ritson's centre partner at Barrow was Miloudi whose style of centre play is very much like Hurrell. But the problem will be our right edge defence if Makinson moves over to join Percival. Lot to work on during the off season to find the correct balance in the backline.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    It all went wrong when he knocked on at Magic and Cunningham destroyed him by dragging him off immediately.
    Didn't Cunningham also have a thinly-disguised pop at him in the post-match interview as well?

At that time fans were turning on Cunningham and calling for exciting players like Wellington and Grace be picked instead of plodders like Owens and Dawson. Obviously Cunningham knew best, and his throwing Wellington under the bus smacked at the time of giving a big 'screw you' to the fans, as well as giving him a sense of justification for still not picking certain players and sticking with his favoured dross.

In a sense, it could well have saved Grace's career that Cunningham steadfastly refused to bring him into the first team.

In The South Stand

he dropped the ball and Cunningham took him off, don't think he played first team again.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Nazareth View Post
    Didn't Cunningham also have a thinly-disguised pop at him in the post-match interview as well?

At that time fans were turning on Cunningham and calling for exciting players like Wellington and Grace be picked instead of plodders like Owens and Dawson. Obviously Cunningham knew best, and his throwing Wellington under the bus smacked at the time of giving a big 'screw you' to the fans, as well as giving him a sense of justification for still not picking certain players and sticking with his favoured dross.

In a sense, it could well have saved Grace's career that Cunningham steadfastly refused to bring him into the first team.
    It was so weird how Grace was an international before he had even played for the first team. It seems everyone but KC saw something there.

Injuries sadly. The window for a young player to develop is short and he spent that time on the treatment table.
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    This lad has pace to burn........................BUT
    Can he catch a bomb and tackle this is what You Tube does not show?
    Yes, he certainly can👍(Barrow fan)

Quote Originally Posted by merlyn View Post
    Yes, he certainly can��(Barrow fan)
    Thanks. I'm hoping he grasps the opportunity and, well, runs with it, and that he's an absolute revelation.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by merlyn View Post
    Yes, he certainly can��(Barrow fan)
    Thanks, we have all been wondering about that. Hope does for us what he has for barrow.

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post...-can-hope-for/

A good insight into the deal. It is good that Barrow and the player are getting a good deal.
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

Learning All The Songs Two Wheeled Saint's Avatar

Now, which does he play for Barrow or Swinton?
    https://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/news/...efits-parties/

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Two Wheeled Saint View Post
    ???

This article is not Ritson related.

In The South Stand

Neither he's on a season long loan,he plays for Saints

Learning All The Songs

Hes on loan to us, i would assume we cannot send a player on loan to us out on dual reg.

Learning All The Songs Two Wheeled Saint's Avatar

The point is he is on loan, and the loan state if he's not playing for Saints he can go back to Barrow for match time, but I wondered if he would be in or out of the Swinton deal.