Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: England v Samoa

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    Some hilarious posts from salty NRL fans on that reddit thread!! They didn’t give us a chance because Samoa had 15 NRL players from their 17 and we had only 6 NRL players in our team. The arrogance. Phil Goulds ‘England can not beat Samoa’ Tweet from mid week has aged really well.
    I fancied Samoa to win well.

But games aren't won on paper.

I didn't think it was much of a watch but England dismantled them. From their perspective, I think it was pretty embarrassing.

Gould is a motormouth. Knows far less about RL than he thinks. Seems to be held in high regard in Sydney RL circles & I've no idea why

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    I fancied Samoa to win well.

But games aren't won on paper.

I didn't think it was much of a watch but England dismantled them. From their perspective, I think it was pretty embarrassing.

Gould is a motormouth. Knows far less about RL than he thinks. Seems to be held in high regard in Sydney RL circles & I've no idea why
    I usually find myself agreeing with a lot of what Gould says. I think like a lot of aussie fans and pundits he just has no time for the British game. We shouldn’t take it too much to heart. The Sydney based media are reluctant to rate Queensland players and they show favouritism to New South Wales lads. So us British have no chance of getting any recognition!!

I’ve seen Saints win umpteen trophies over the years. I would give my arm to see England beat Australia in a final. The Australian old guard would have an absolute meltdown. We’ve had joy against them playing inion and cricket in recent years. Their impressive sway over us in rugby league is all they have left.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    I usually find myself agreeing with a lot of what Gould says. I think like a lot of aussie fans and pundits he just has no time for the British game. We shouldn’t take it too much to heart. The Sydney based media are reluctant to rate Queensland players and they show favouritism to New South Wales lads. So us British have no chance of getting any recognition!!

I’ve seen Saints win umpteen trophies over the years. I would give my arm to see England beat Australia in a final. The Australian old guard would have an absolute meltdown. We’ve had joy against them playing inion and cricket in recent years. Their impressive sway over us in rugby league is all they have left.
    It would be nice.

Not sure we will have enough though unfortunately. 3 of their best didn't even play last night

Learning All The Songs

If (and it is a big if) the Aussies don’t win this World Cup you can see all the heritage players being brought back into the Kangaroos, and they will go back to bring a southern hemisphere rep team.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bostik Bailey View Post
    If (and it is a big if) the Aussies don’t win this World Cup you can see all the heritage players being brought back into the Kangaroos, and they will go back to bring a southern hemisphere rep team.
    Its not so much of a ‘big if’ is it? Aren’t the kiwis the favourites? I might have that wrong. The Aussies play the flashiest rugby but I can see the Kiwis really troubling them up the middle. The test for the Kiwis is finding that right balance of good open rugby, and game management. Under Mcguire I haven’t been too impressed with them over the last 4 years. They have played more conservative safe rugby but been less threatening with the ball. They are better when the shackles are off.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies