Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holbrook

Default Holbrook

There's a rumour on Loverugbyleague.com that Holbrook offered to resign after the cup final but the board refused!

Anyone on here know whether that's true or just clickbait?

Link: https://t.co/OHrXmDY1Kl?amp=1

Noooobie

It was mentioned on Forty20 YouTube channel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RV12 View Post
    There's a rumour on Loverugbyleague.com that Holbrook offered to resign after the cup final but the board refused!

Probably read some of the absolute tripe on Twitter
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Noooobie

Load of bollocks

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

Has he gone yet?

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by Superblue View Post
    No smoke with our fire.
    My own assessment of the situation is that Justin got tipped off about what was coming from “Little Tommie” and sought to immediately distance himself

Very often smoke without fire, it's called rumour and gossip

In The South Stand

No smoke with our fire.
    My own assessment of the situation is that Justin got tipped off about what was coming from “Little Tommie” and sought to immediately distance himself
    30 posts since August, where was this idiot before then and can we send him back there please?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

If we ban him he will just be back on their site bragging about getting banned from here. Better to just ignore him, he will soon get tired of posting to himself

Banned

No smoke with our fire.
    I heard your sister is on the game to pay for her crack habit. As you say, no smoke without fire.

Banned

Worse than that his Sister is also his Mother, he only found out when he tried it on with his Cousin who turned out to actually be his Brother. No wonder the poor lad has special needs.

Learning All The Songs

Learning All The Songs

So this has come from Garry Schofield and his mysterious 'good sources' Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Learning All The Songs

No smoke with our fire.
    Smokeless fuel used under your rock?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Private Pyle View Post
    So this has come from Garry Schofield and his mysterious 'good sources' Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    Aye, that's what I thought. That carries about as much weight one of the daft Warrington clowns on here.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by RV12 View Post

There’s a rumour going round death row....
    That a fuse is going to blow...

In The South Stand

It's a very interesting rumour. Why would he do that? I mean, Warrington are pretty terrible, but at the time were second in the league, only one place behind us. Losing to them certainly isn't an embarassment, as the rest of the league is terrible as well, we've just been slightly better for most of the year. So why would losing a very tight game (Which despite the giddy Warrington fans telling everyone otherwise, it was. It was tight and neither side made many breaks) to Warrington warrant handing in your notice when you are leaving at the end of the season anyway? It would indicate that either he got something extremely badly wrong, something that had divided opinion internally beforehand. The only thing I can think of was playing Coote and Roby when they weren't fit possibly? Who knows. The only other scenario I can think of is the players blaming him for the debacle that was our performance and him losing the dressing room. No sign of that against Castleford though, nilled a team that had enjoyed a week off preparing for the game. I'll go for it not being true and possibly another example of the anti-Saints reaction we've seen post-Wembley, but I am intrigued.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    It's a very interesting rumour. Why would he do that? I mean, Warrington are pretty terrible, but at the time were second in the league, only one place behind us. Losing to them certainly isn't an embarassment, as the rest of the league is terrible as well, we've just been slightly better for most of the year. So why would losing a very tight game (Which despite the giddy Warrington fans telling everyone otherwise, it was. It was tight and neither side made many breaks) to Warrington warrant handing in your notice when you are leaving at the end of the season anyway? It would indicate that either he got something extremely badly wrong, something that had divided opinion internally beforehand. The only thing I can think of was playing Coote and Roby when they weren't fit possibly? Who knows. The only other scenario I can think of is the players blaming him for the debacle that was our performance and him losing the dressing room. No sign of that against Castleford though, nilled a team that had enjoyed a week off preparing for the game. I'll go for it not being true and possibly another example of the anti-Saints reaction we've seen post-Wembley, but I am intrigued.
    I don't really care true or not , he didn't resign, he is in his last month. See how it plays out.

He will sign off as a either a sucessful coach who repaired the damage from the KC experiment , rebuilt bridges to the community , put out a team with style and won a pot.
    Or
    A nice guy who didn't win anything.

Got A Season Ticket

Who won nothing except 2 league leaders shields, I think you mean.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Simeon Stylites View Post
    Who won nothing except 2 league leaders shields, I think you mean.
    As well as getting us out of a very dark and dismal place.

Quote Originally Posted by Suttoner View Post
    Yes Suttoner and Yes Simeon.

Not knocking but sport and history can and will be cruel.

On a personal level he help me really enjoy watching saints again. The potter,simmons and KC eras were painful. Brown was a brief respite.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Suttoner View Post
    I hope our new coach continues with the exciting RL and hopefully finals & trophies. I’ll be sad to see JH go.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pramtown View Post
    I hope our new coach continues with the exciting RL and hopefully finals & trophies. I’ll be sad to see JH go.
    I'm sure every Saints fan will feel the same. They certainly should

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

Ive loved the enthusiasm Holbrook has brought to the team, the fans and the town. He's got us playing attractive rugby, but I do the think the one thing he has yet to learn, going on the evidence, is that single minded almost brutal instinct that gets you through the big games. I'm certain he has the capacity to learn it, but I do think his eagerness to get home (which I don;t blame him for at all, I'm a homebird and would hate being away from my home for so long) has perhaps clouded his judgement. He has a very good team here, the best currently iin SL, and another season or two could have given him that experience to get to finals and through big games. Obviously as a Saints fan I am biased as I would love to see him stay, but I think he'd have learnt more from another year with us than starting out with the mess that is Titans and still with a big game to win. Let's hope he's getting there now and leaves us with a place at Old Trafford and hopefully a win.

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    I'm sure every Saints fan will feel the same. They certainly should

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    I have heard the source of this rumour is match referee Robert Hicks, who was in the losing dressing room after the match, offering commiserations and best wishes to the losing team for the future, and saw the incident with Justin’s resignation letter with his own eyes .
    Even I as a Wire would find backing that story up difficult.
    How would he have had the time to write a resignation other than a scrap of paper and quick scribble.?

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by rubber duckie View Post
    Even I as a Wire would find backing that story up difficult.
    How would he have had the time to write a resignation other than a scrap of paper and quick scribble.?
    Can any other Saints fan explain to me why we have such a ridiculous and obviously made up topic on our site and why we entertain such trolling, I know we are supposed to be an inclusive society and put up with people being at large who used to be in places like Rainhill or more likely Winwick but I think we are taking inclusivety a little too far, particularly letting them have their own keyboards!