Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: We Go Again!

Default We Go Again!

Bitterly disappointed but that’s sport and life. A winner and a loser, so dust yourself down.

We go again.......
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Bitterly disappointed but that’s sport and life. A winner and a loser, so dust yourself down.

We go again.......
    You can't do much else but it is going to be a big ask of this squad after another moral sapping defeat, the biggest so far. Is this squad going to go into its shell a'la last year after Catalans or are they going to use this experience to move forward and sort out this big game mentality issue that seems to be plaguing the squad and coaching staff.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

You were the one that Warrington fans latched onto to be fair in terms of blatant arrogance before the game

Hope you’re comfortable with your predictions today

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    You can't do much else but it is going to be a big ask of this squad after another moral sapping defeat, the biggest so far. Is this squad going to go into its shell a'la last year after Catalans or are they going to use this experience to move forward and sort out this big game mentality issue that seems to be plaguing the squad and coaching staff.

This. It was a desperate performance that humiliated the fans and has put more pressure on the players. Its going to take more than soundbites and cliches to bounce back.

Learning All The Songs

I bet some of those who travelled today won't go again.

Quote Originally Posted by retro74 View Post
    You were the one that Warrington fans latched onto to be fair in terms of blatant arrogance before the game

Hope you’re comfortable with your predictions today
    Are you saying my positive predictions made us lose?

You need to see a therapist pal.

I didn’t coach or play the game........

Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post
    This. It was a desperate performance that humiliated the fans and has put more pressure on the players. Its going to take more than soundbites and cliches to bounce back.

Ok let’s be negative, that usually works doesn’t it??

I’ve sat in the rain at KR winning and losing, at Old Trafford and it’s the nature of sport and life.

I’ve never felt as down as I did at Old Trafford 2010, but some fans of teams never even get the opportunity to see their team in any final.

We go again!

People comment on what they see in front of them. Taking the Cas 17 semi (I still think the Morgan penalty was soft) out of it its 2 Semis and a final where we haven't just lost but capitulated.

Everything we do well goes to pot and its like a different side. Every single big game the same story plays out. Why is that? We all want it to be turned around but where is the evidence that its going to happen???

Banned

People comment on what they see in front of them. Taking the Cas 17 semi (I still think the Morgan penalty was soft) out of it its 2 Semis and a final where we haven't just lost but capitulated.

Everything we do well goes to pot and its like a different side. Every single big game the same story plays out. Why is that? We all want it to be turned around but where is the evidence that its going to happen???

Exactly. Our record is dismal, this is hardly a couple of setbacks. Its getting like a recurring theme and Im being a realist in acknowledging it. The clubs record has become nothing short of a laughing stock and the coach will need to do some serious thinking to turn it around.

Got A Season Ticket

We go again.......
    Let’s hope the Team uses this as a teachable moment, learns from what they did wrong.

Bad things will happen in big games, to go from potentially 12-0 up to actually being 12-0 down must’ve knocked their confidence, but they have to pick themselves up and not go into their shell.

The Knowles no-try was a shocker (possibly the worst refereeing decision I’ve seen in a Final (if the technology is there - don’t be arrogant - use it)) but that alone shouldn’t have knocked Saints out of them game.

There’s lots to learn, and unlike a Grand Final defeat, the team has a chance to make amends in just a few weeks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs

On the BBC website interviews before the game with Jon Wilkin, Kev Brown and Nobby there were predictions from JJB and Gareth Ellis.These two both picked Saints but Gaz Ellis said Wembley takes your legs when you play the game a few times in your head and that Wire had the advantage of playing there previously, he felt this was Warrington`s only advantage to exploit. The wait in the tunnel for Abide With Me, The National Anthem then the introductions plays with some lads heads. Wasted nervous energy accounted for a few of ours switching off on key defensive plays added to this Roby & Coote`s passing was strangely mistimed. Jonny took a few wrong options at key times, that makes three of our play makers who were off in offence. Coote has never made this many crucial errors in a game and will never again.
    We will learn from this and be better for it.
    Last edited by Tallaght Tiger; 24th August 2019 at 21:51.

Got A Season Ticket

Is that Coote’s first final?

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Rehnn View Post
    Is that Coote’s first final?

No, he has played in the NRL GF, his timing was off and for an experienced senior player nerves may have played a part see the Gareth Ellis quote above. Nothing in RL has as much pomp and ceremony as the CC, though theirs is arguably a bigger event, the week`s build up to CC and it is played at a different time to most other games all these can throw a player especially if you are not 95%

Learning All The Songs

Let’s hope the Team uses this as a teachable moment, learns from what they did wrong.

Bad things will happen in big games, to go from potentially 12-0 up to actually being 12-0 down must’ve knocked their confidence, but they have to pick themselves up and not go into their shell.

The Knowles no-try was a shocker (possibly the worst refereeing decision I’ve seen in a Final (if the technology is there - don’t be arrogant - use it)) but that alone shouldn’t have knocked Saints out of them game.

There’s lots to learn, and unlike a Grand Final defeat, the team has a chance to make amends in just a few weeks!

Was the second one definitely a try?

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

You're talking about Robert Hicks.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Glasgowsaint View Post
    Was the second one definitely a try?

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk
    No - an another day it may‘ve been given, unlike the Knowles try, it wasn’t an error that the try wasn’t given. It was just a judgement call. Sometimes they go your way sometimes they don’t. This one wasn’t.

Got A Season Ticket

You may "go again" but trust me thousands of fans won't the disrespect for saints fans today was blatant and easy to see in the lack of effort shown on the pitch and lack of urgency yes once again I was in that number and the much vaunted 19th man 6th final and utterly ashamed
    No - an another day it may‘ve been given, unlike the Knowles try, it wasn’t an error that the try wasn’t given. It was just a judgement call. Sometimes they go your way sometimes they don’t. This one wasn’t.

Quote Originally Posted by coach View Post
    You may "go again" but trust me thousands of fans won't the disrespect for saints fans today was blatant and easy to see in the lack of effort shown on the pitch and lack of urgency yes once again I was in that number and the much vaunted 19th man 6th final and utterly ashamed

I’ve “gone again” after losses before. I’ll “go again” now

There was no disrespect to the fans and no lack of efffort. Many have said the side wasn't fully fit and god knows what the temperature was pitch side but its difficult to come back in a final at amy time let alone in that heat.

Lack of composure and too many mistakes cost us today not a effort or lack or disrespect to fans.

Got A Season Ticket

I’ve “gone again” after losses before. I’ll “go again” now
    This!

Got A Season Ticket

It wasn’t a lack of effort that did Saints in. Everyone on the pitch worked hard.

Sadly, a lot of Saints players let nerves get the better of them.
    Lady Luck was on the Wire’s side today.
    Basically everything that could go wrong for Saints - Did.

Got A Season Ticket

Don't think I have ever felt so down at a loss as I do tonight. It's not so much the loss but the manner of it. I am so disappointed in them that I really can't go to the next game and cheer them on. I know I should because winning the league leaders shield in the way we have is no mean feat. I have supported for over 50yrs and have never felt that I didn't want to go to games any longer. Hopefully, by Friday I shall have recovered enough to attend the game, time will tell. Have to say well done Warrington, it's your year.

There was no disrespect to the fans and no lack of efffort. Many have said the side wasn't fully fit and god knows what the temperature was pitch side but its difficult to come back in a final at amy time let alone in that heat.

Lack of composure and too many mistakes cost us today not a effort or lack or disrespect to fans.

Agreed. Lack of brains and big-match nous, yes. Lack of effort, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Mancunian Saint View Post
    I think we should go full strength in our last 3 league games in order to get up to speed for the playoffs,,, and hopefully old trafford
    We go again.

I’ve sat in the rain at KR winning and losing, at Old Trafford and it’s the nature of sport and life.

I’ve never felt as down as I did at Old Trafford 2010, but some fans of teams never even get the opportunity to see their team in any final.

We go again!
    I have no problems with you being confident. You backed your team & they turned in an absolute porridge of a performance.

Not your fault