Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Leeds

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Weetabix View Post
    It's called an accent.
    Thanks for the school lesson.

All areas of the UK have accents. The piescum one just makes them sound retards from the 19th century.

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steve17 View Post
    It was a interesting podcast Wane did showed a different side of himself I liked the bit where he said Mcilorum was a wild man but then almost all rugby league players are flawed characters
    Bit strange that , did he mean "on the pitch" ? , according to one of his team mates he's a tough lad but is just the opposite and has a very quiet manner about him in his normal life .
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Whilst Joel Moon was no world beater Leeds definitely look much worse without him this year.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Upside
    Non Members

They are all over the place

I think they are playing under internal pressure, they need go back to basics and play with some freedom, far to tense

Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post

I think they are playing under internal pressure, they need go back to basics and play with some freedom, far to tense
    It’s small steps with them. Despite losing Lolohea and Watkins for 10 mins they defended ok in the circumstances. Better than they normally do. I’m more interested in Cas with an eye to next week but I can’t say they look unbeatable. - Liam Watts is good and has been the cornerstone of their pack thus season.

Learning All The Songs

They really need a ball playing half back to bring the runners on and dictate play.

Quote Originally Posted by robert80 View Post
    They really need a ball playing half back to bring the runners on and dictate play.
    I don’t think Myler is the worst option in that regard but to me they just look badly coached, completely disorganised and lacking in any confidence as a result. Exactly like us under Cunningham. It’s been discussed at length before but they must be spending a relatively large chunk of their cap on Merrin and Lolehea to the detriment of the squad quality overall and they are overweight plodders

Banned

Long may it continue. Bunch of ****s

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

I think they are lacking a genuine loose forward more than anything, or if you want to simply it just a couple of forwards who can pass and use the ball. Leeds didn’t defend well but the biggest difference for me in that game was Millington, Watts, Milner etc and how those players through the middle used the ball, some of their ball playing was outstanding. Time after time they took three defenders out of the game and pulled it back to one of their halves right on the chest. Kevin Sinfield was that player for a long time, Ward and Cuthberton have a bit of that in them when fit but I think they’re lacking in that. Since teams have started splitting their half-backs, having that link through the middle is crucial really IMO.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    I don’t think Myler is the worst option in that regard but to me they just look badly coached, completely disorganised and lacking in any confidence as a result. Exactly like us under Cunningham. It’s been discussed at length before but they must be spending a relatively large chunk of their cap on Merrin and Lolehea to the detriment of the squad quality overall and they are overweight plodders
    Myler is dreadful. His kicking was woeful and he didn't seem to be able to change it. He never seems to control a game either. How he is an England international beats me.
    I am angry, I am ill and I'm as ugly as sin ...

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Loved the after chat with wilkin and mc dermot , wilko hit the nail on the head , and then bm lost it completely , = marquee not earning his coin , great convo , wilkin will be great as a pundit "or more". Kendal again having a good game.
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by roy litherland View Post
    Loved the after chat with wilkin and mc dermot , wilko hit the nail on the head , and then bm lost it completely , = marquee not earning his coin , great convo , wilkin will be great as a pundit "or more". Kendal again having a good game.
    I am not a great fan of commentary , but john Wilkin really comes across well . Speaks well & as my wife says handsome man ....lucky b*****d .

Banned

You won’t win many matches if you can’t defend.

I don’t watch Leeds much but I’ve seen the last 2 games and they’ve conceded far too many easy tries on their own line. There’s no desire to stop their line being breached.

If they can sort their defence out they might have a chance of winning a few matches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by roy litherland View Post

True but BM was right, Merrin is working hard and I think over playing, the major problems lie elsewhere

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by undertheradar View Post
    You won’t win many matches if you can’t defend.

I don’t watch Leeds much but I’ve seen the last 2 games and they’ve conceded far too many easy tries on their own line. There’s no desire to stop their line being breached.

If they can sort their defence out they might have a chance of winning a few matches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Defence is dire, this thread shows there several issues that all need addressing. In that case it needs going back to basics and building again

I just don't see why Furner was the problem? What was he doing so wrong? What can someone else bring that he couldn't?

Quote Originally Posted by fonsboy View Post
    I am not a great fan of commentary , but john Wilkin really comes across well . Speaks well & as my wife says handsome man ....lucky b*****d .
    She's luckier to be married to you mate

Defence is dire, this thread shows there several issues that all need addressing. In that case it needs going back to basics and building again

I just don't see why Furner was the problem? What was he doing so wrong? What can someone else bring that he couldn't?
    Agree completely. Been made a scapegoat for me

Got A Season Ticket

Watkins as turned into a turnstile teams are targeting him every time they play leeds

Quote Originally Posted by steve17 View Post
    Watkins as turned into a turnstile teams are targeting him every time they play leeds
    I hope for his sake that I'm wrong, but it looks like Watkins's injury has done for him. All of his agility and explosiveness has gone, and it's affecting him in both defence and attack. Reminds me a little bit of Newlove after he did his achilles.

Sinfield’s interview pre match with Carney was fascinating. He clearly felt very uncomfortable when asked directly about the Furner sacking. He also said that the club was”rotten” - language which shocked me in its honesty.

Quote Originally Posted by saintgeorge View Post
    Sinfield’s interview pre match with Carney was fascinating. He clearly felt very uncomfortable when asked directly about the Furner sacking. He also said that the club was”rotten” - language which shocked me in its honesty.
    It was refreshing to see a RL broadcaster actually ask some difficult questions. If I were a Leeds fan I'm not sure how I'd feel about Sinfield's weird doublethink about Furner definitely being the right man for the job despite having just sacked him halfway through his first season. There's a touch of the KCs about it.

Got A Season Ticket

Another Sky Super League match I turned off before the end, and currently it will not be the last! Never remember turning off an NRL game, said for years people who say it is the greatest game have lost the plot! not the way it is at present.

Quote Originally Posted by saintgeorge View Post
    Adding Sinfield’s non-responses last night with his comments prior to the Bradford game, it seems to me that he hasn’t really a clue what to do but knows that such a reply would probably result in his departure. In summarising last nights game, Wikin pointed to the absence of structure and desire to defend and added that the players need to start approaching games from an enjoyment perspective, much in the way that it is reported that Holbrook tackled the malaise within Saints. The difference, however, is that Leeds don’t have a sprinkling of current internationals within their team and their new generation is nowhere near as good as Saints had available a couple of seasons ago.

Banned

Notwithstanding that Hetherington is a parochial arsehole who seems to place the interests of Leeds above the game in general, I struggle to see how the club could be 'rotten'

In the 00's, Leeds brought through a core of top quality players at a similar time, and added some quality recruits. Yes, they had a lot of luck during their run of GF successes, but they were a force for a fair few years on the back of that player group. As we ourselves know only too well, replacing a group of top quality players who've delivered success is a very difficult process to get right. It looks from the outside that the replacement players Leeds brought in have been below the same quality, and the very promising young players they placed a fair bit of reliance on haven't kicked-on. They've thrown some money at the problem for this season, with Merrin, Hurrell and Lolohea recruited, but have released players like Moon & Keinhorst who may not have been star-names, but were proven at doing a good job for them.

They need to now accept they likely won't challenge for a couple of /few years, then identify the areas that need strengthening most desperately and replace the failing players, stating with the most key positions.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    It was refreshing to see a RL broadcaster actually ask some difficult questions. If I were a Leeds fan I'm not sure how I'd feel about Sinfield's weird doublethink about Furner definitely being the right man for the job despite having just sacked him halfway through his first season. There's a touch of the KCs about it.
    i got told that Sinfield was for keeping Furner which may sound daft as he sacked him but id guess Furner told Hethrington what he thought and that was the end of him with Sinfield just doing the dirty work