Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1234561222 ... LastLast

Thread: World Club Challenge

I think it will enhance our start to the season if anything. What better way to get some match practice in than playing the Australian champions and a friendly before that. We will have a minimum of 2 weeks warm weather so they will have the opportunity to get some good field sessions in rather than the 3G at Ruskin in the pouring rain. The trip will allow the players to bond even more and then get the experience of playing pre-season games at a great intensity.

No disprespect to the likes of Whitehaven or Barrow but games against that standard of opposition wouldn't prepare us in anything near the same way a WCC would.

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    I think it will enhance our start to the season if anything. What better way to get some match practice in than playing the Australian champions and a friendly before that. We will have a minimum of 2 weeks warm weather so they will have the opportunity to get some good field sessions in rather than the 3G at Ruskin in the pouring rain. The trip will allow the players to bond even more and then get the experience of playing pre-season games at a great intensity.

No disprespect to the likes of Whitehaven or Barrow but games against that standard of opposition wouldn't prepare us in anything near the same way a WCC would.
    It's an experience and something different. Every minute does not matter and its not first past the post.

Plenty of rested bodies and plenty of players going into their last 12 months.

The only trick will be to manage the world cup contingent by way of their pre season and resting them in the early domestic season.

A big problem with the last WC challenge were players coming back from surgery Makinson and Roby.

It's exciting. Hopefully players coaches and support staff will get a lot out of it as well as the fans.
    A great personal and professional learning opportunity.

Starting A Programme Collection Red_V_Roger's Avatar
    Peregian Springs, (near Noosa) Queensland

Can't wait for tickets to go on sale! Finally... Saints in Australia!
    Gone Walkabout...

Got A Season Ticket

Hung round after the final whistle on Friday and amongst the people posing for selfies was Ivan Cleary. My Dutch courage after a few pints asked him if he was looking forward to the WCC and he said he was. Asked him if he was playing a full side or a team of kids and he just said he’ll see who’s available. So make of that what you will! Also got a phot with Mal and told him we all still love him at Saints!

Learning All The Songs Brian Nazareth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 53wharty90 View Post
    Also got a phot with Mal and told him we all still love him at Saints!

Did you not ask him if he was going to do another season for us?
    He's not the Messiah, he's a naughty boy.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Nazareth View Post
    Did you not ask him if he was going to do another season for us?
    Should’ve done shouldn’t I!

Got A Season Ticket

Don't think there's a better preparation for a season of SL than a couple of hit outs against the cream of the NRL. The intensity of them 2 games alone will have us hitting the season running win or lose.
    If it was another team in SL getting this opportunity I'd be looking at it with envy. Saints deserve this and what an experience it will be for the lads to pit themselves against the best.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Twentyman View Post
    Don't think there's a better preparation for a season of SL than a couple of hit outs against the cream of the NRL. The intensity of them 2 games alone will have us hitting the season running win or lose.
    If it was another team in SL getting this opportunity I'd be looking at it with envy. Saints deserve this and what an experience it will be for the lads to pit themselves against the best.
    Exactly. Can’t believe there’s some that would rather forego this opportunity in favour of guaranteeing a couple of early season wins against dross like Cas and Leigh. If you can’t get excited about this opportunity I’m not sure what the sport has left to offer you.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Got A Season Ticket Two Sugars Strong's Avatar

It's just too good. St.George is my Aussie team. It'll be a cracker, our away kit against their red vee, cannot wait.
    That's the Saints way...

Starting A Programme Collection

is the St George game going to be on TV too?

Got A Season Ticket Two Sugars Strong's Avatar

I would imagine so on Fox. Hopefully on redvee TV on the day after.
    That's the Saints way...

Learning All The Songs

How much roughly does it cost to go over there?

Noooobie

Cheapest flight is £1500 from Manchester at the minute unless you’re prepared to go via the USA which adds another 10 hours onto the flight time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In The South Stand Paul Newlove's Avatar

I thought a travel company may have been all over this?

Just booked ours, only off for 4 nights as I'm a teacher and it's fell in my HT but need to be in work on the Monday so home Sunday morning!

Flights were £1350 from Manc.

There's flights from around £800-900 from Heathrow via America, does take 30-31 hours instead of the 23-24 usually but a lot of money saved.

Hotels aren't too bad, in Sydney can get an alright hotel for about £50pp per night.

Penrith slightly dearer but nothing bad. We're doing 2 nights in Sydney and 2 in Penrith.

I reckon you can do a week from Heathrow for around £1300 based on 2 sharing if people are looking for the most cost effective way.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by JamesSL View Post
    Just booked ours, only off for 4 nights as I'm a teacher and it's fell in my HT but need to be in work on the Monday so home Sunday morning!

There's flights from around £800-900 from Heathrow via America, does take 30-31 hours instead of the 23-24 usually but a lot of money saved.

Hotels aren't too bad, in Sydney can get an alright hotel for about £50pp per night.

Penrith slightly dearer but nothing bad. We're doing 2 nights in Sydney and 2 in Penrith.

I reckon you can do a week from Heathrow for around £1300 based on 2 sharing if people are looking for the most cost effective way.

With me being lazy and not looking how far is Penrith from Sydney? How will you commute?

Learning All The Songs Two Wheeled Saint's Avatar

Where do you get your prices from? I'm looking to go to Aus in Oct 23 and like to save money ;-)

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    With me being lazy and not looking how far is Penrith from Sydney? How will you commute?
    You can do it under an hour either by car, taxi or direct train from central Sydney, it's out of town into the mountains but not too far and it's well connected.

EDIT - Just checked to make sure my memory wasn't failing, it's 47 mins direct on the train from Sydney to Penrith, and cheap as chips as well.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Two Wheeled Saint View Post
    Where do you get your prices from? I'm looking to go to Aus in Oct 23 and like to save money ;-)
    Not going but have been for world cups in the past. Always use

https://www.netflights.com/ for flights.

Learning All The Songs The Chief's Avatar

Thought of the day: why can’t we fly vertically into space, wait for the earth to rotate and then land in Australia. Total journey time 12 hours assuming the world isn’t flat.

I’ll get my coat.

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    It's a train journey, Around £10-15 return

Quote Originally Posted by Two Wheeled Saint View Post
    Just SkyScanner.

We got them for £550 in 2017 with Cathay Pacific but everything is through the roof now!

In The South Stand The.Reverand's Avatar

Is there a central site where tickets for both games can be purchased or are they yet to be released?

Quote Originally Posted by The.Reverand View Post
    Is there a central site where tickets for both games can be purchased or are they yet to be released?
    Nothing out yet. I think Saints will probably sell Penrith ones.

St George might just be through their own site as won't be a big crowd.

Take your boots. You might get a game.

For Penrith