Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 7 of 47 FirstFirst ... 345678910111727 ... LastLast

Thread: Wigan

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    This was my post on RL Fans re Hardaker.

I worked in Hull for about a year when we were commissioning some new control systems at BP. I would leave early Monday morning stay Monday night come home Tuesday then Stay over on Wednesday. It was a horrible commute.

I've also worked al over Europe, USA and Africa. I know what it's like to be away from family and friends.

For Hardaker, he has made the decision to move back closer to home for family reasons so he has two choices, get on with it and make the commute or try and find a club closer to home.

He knows Wigans position in that they are willing to let him go if they pay a fee to buy him out of his contract. I don't blame Wigan at all, they have invested a lot of time and money in him and to be fair he has given a good return on that investment.

I wouldn't block him going to Hull or HKR but would insist on a fee or player swap.
    This is redve.net. is that a difficult concept for you.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    This was my post on RL Fans re Hardaker.

I worked in Hull for about a year when we were commissioning some new control systems at BP. I would leave early Monday morning stay Monday night come home Tuesday then Stay over on Wednesday. It was a horrible commute.

I've also worked al over Europe, USA and Africa. I know what it's like to be away from family and friends.

For Hardaker, he has made the decision to move back closer to home for family reasons so he has two choices, get on with it and make the commute or try and find a club closer to home.

He knows Wigans position in that they are willing to let him go if they pay a fee to buy him out of his contract. I don't blame Wigan at all, they have invested a lot of time and money in him and to be fair he has given a good return on that investment.

I wouldn't block him going to Hull or HKR but would insist on a fee or player swap.
    Another bullet for Wigan then ... everyone seeing the writing on the wall and jumping ship , all eyes on Bevan French next . Who would have thought it? The most successful team in the world . I reckon Hardaker will cough up the money himself to get out of that hell hole of a club .

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Not the best day for Wiganers to be mowing the lawn today, maybe they can spend the day painting instead while they've nothing else to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    This is redve.net. is that a difficult concept for you.
    It’s also a thread entitled “Wigan”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs

Danny Richardson wanted by the Pie Eaters

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    I’ll bet if you’re a Wigan fan you’d be thinking “just when I thought it couldn’t get any worse”.

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    That’s actually made my day . Can’t wait for a Good Friday all ready .

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side Of The Moon View Post
    That’s actually made my day . Can’t wait for a Good Friday all ready .

Dodd has shown already that he's more suited to our team that Richardson was. But let's not get into the trap that Richardson is 'rubbish', because he's got ball-playing and kicking skills. And, whilst I don't see the scum having enough overall to beat us, we need to be wary of a former player that may be invigorated, and would definitely have a point to prove (and Briers would presumably be working with him there)

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Dodd has shown already that he's more suited to our team that Richardson was. But let's not get into the trap that Richardson is 'rubbish', because he's got ball-playing and kicking skills. And, whilst I don't see the scum having enough overall to beat us, we need to be wary of a former player that may be invigorated, and would definitely have a point to prove (and Briers would presumably be working with him there)
    The difference with Richardson is that he's an absolute tart. One of the softest players I have ever seen. He can't and won't tackle, completely scared of contact. Sironen/Matautia would run over the top of him.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    The difference with Richardson is that he's an absolute tart. One of the softest players I have ever seen. He can't and won't tackle, completely scared of contact. Sironen/Matautia would run over the top of him.
    I think our club was partly in fault for that, he should have been taken out of the firing line earlier instead of letting him getting bogged down They should have worked on his weaknesses which as mentioned Briers would do. He could have been a better player than what he is now, but as it has worked out Dodd is the real deal, he will have some poor games but he is a natural talent with the right temperament.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    I think our club was partly in fault for that, he should have been taken out of the firing line earlier instead of letting him getting bogged down They should have worked on his weaknesses which as mentioned Briers would do. He could have been a better player than what he is now, but as it has worked out Dodd is the real deal, he will have some poor games but he is a natural talent with the right temperament.
    I'm not sure. You can't teach "heart." And Richardson doesn't have it for me.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    But you don’t teach that by taking them out of the team; you do as we did with Dodd and stick him at hooker in the middle of the pitch. Could you have done that with Richardson? As YG says, you can’t teach heart.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    I'm not sure. You can't teach "heart." And Richardson doesn't have it for me.
    There is that , yes definitely, I think I,m really referring to game management. I don't know if you recall the event with Mick Sullivan and Alex Murphy, Mick Sullivan took Murphy out of the team, Murphy was annoyed and was going to pack it in and replied that he had just scored 2 tries. Mick Sullivan explained about team play and management and got him to watch and see the game in a management perspective. Richardson should have been coached better on offense but agree his defence would still be krap.

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Richardson is bang average . I don’t believe any team was worried about him when he played for us and I have had no worry about him when he has played against us .

I totally disagree with you but that’s opinions . Fair play

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/wigan...-rights-44287/

The ‘Billy Boston stand’ at the DW is now being renamed to the Kingdom Group East Stand.

The Latics chairman is removing a lot of association the stadium has with the rugby team. This coming after the news that all the seats in the stadium will now be blue and white, getting rid of the red. Presume the Warriors will have a blue/white away kit next year to keep some sort of association with the colours that their rented home has.

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by reliable sauce View Post

The ‘Billy Boston stand’ at the DW is now being renamed to the Kingdom Group East Stand.

The Latics chairman is removing a lot of association the stadium has with the rugby team. This coming after the news that all the seats in the stadium will now be blue and white, getting rid of the red. Presume the Warriors will have a blue/white away kit next year to keep some sort of association with the colours that their rented home has.
    Don’t see any way back, they are quite clearly being ostracised by the football club. They haven’t got any money, haven’t got their own stadium, losing fans, shockingly average playing staff. Oh how the mighty have fallen

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

Even as a Saints fan this is sad to hear.

When I first started watching the game in the late 1950s the Wigan team of Ashton, Boston & McTigue were the team to beat and Boxing day or Good Friday were the biggest games of the season you didn't make a final.

It's always good to have a laugh at their expense but it would be a bad day for the sport if they went the way of Swinton, Oldham etc.

Default Wigan

Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Grouse View Post
    Even as a Saints fan this is sad to hear.

When I first started watching the game in the late 1950s the Wigan team of Ashton, Boston & McTigue were the team to beat and Boxing day or Good Friday were the biggest games of the season you didn't make a final.

It's always good to have a laugh at their expense but it would be a bad day for the sport if they went the way of Swinton, Oldham etc.
    Agreed. I take no joy from RL being marginalised in one of its strongest of strongholds.

Removing his name from the stand is an insult to one of the greatest players and most humble men there has ever been in either code of rugby.

That is terrible

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Removing his name from the stand is an insult to one of the greatest players and most humble men there has ever been in either code of rugby.

That is terrible
    Agreed, terrible for Wigan and terrible for rugby league in general.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

A real insult and kick in the teeth to someone who no matter how much I boo'd and jeered him was a great player,

In The South Stand

I’ve just posted this on the Pies Bitter thread before reading this:

Speaking as a Saints’ fan I can only say that it would be disgraceful and disrespectful to re-name the Boston Stand. When I was a child his name was on our lips just as much as any Saints’ player. He is a great of the game and the whole of Wales and Wigan (even the ones who only watch football) should be proud of him.

Although I like the banter, I’m really worried about Wigan’s decline. We need them and they need us.

Billy Boston is a real legend. Utterly disgraceful behaviour.

But to the Wigan Athletic fans it obviously means very little. Can’t they compromise and retain the name for when RL is played there but switch when football is played? I know that seems bizarre and maybe unprecedented but better than ditching the heritage altogether.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by saintgeorge View Post
    But to the Wigan Athletic fans it obviously means very little. Can’t they compromise and retain the name for when RL is played there but switch when football is played? I know that seems bizarre and maybe unprecedented but better than ditching the heritage altogether.
    That is what's happening I'm led to believe.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Nickles Forearm View Post
    Don’t see any way back, they are quite clearly being ostracised by the football club. They haven’t got any money, haven’t got their own stadium, losing fans, shockingly average playing staff. Oh how the mighty have fallen
    You can add an inexperienced coaching team to that list.