Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 6 of 47 FirstFirst ... 23456789101626 ... LastLast

Thread: Wigan

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    Who is the guy who used to sit next to Lam and Wane before him? Where is he now?
    The guy was/is John Winder who I know reasonably well. They have moved him to a completely different role away from coaching which surprises me as John is really rated within the game and spent time with Melbourne Storm in their set up.

John Winder’s contract as Assistant Coach ends in 2021 and he will take up a senior role with the Club’s partner company, Competence Development.
    As Head of Youth in 2011, John started the careers of many players including George Williams, Ryan Hampshire, Ryan Sutton and Dom Manfredi. He was promoted to First Team Assistant Coach and in this position, the Club went on to win two Super League Grand Final in 2016 and 2018, the World Club Challenge in 2017 and the League Leaders’ Shield in 2020.

His new role will see him leading the way in the digital sector – helping to design and implement new applications and content to support schools and training establishments, community Rugby League and elite sport.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rjm25r View Post
    this guy has been sat with lam for a while, is it him?

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Grouse View Post
    Saints and Wigan fans have been taking the •••• out of each other for 60+ years that I've been watching the game and most probably since the game started.

I agree long may it continue and like it or not the clubs need each other.
    Agreed ! At least Wigan deserve credit this season giving Catalan the building blocks to reach a GF.

Quote Originally Posted by Lion Saint View Post
    Agreed ! At least Wigan deserve credit this season giving Catalan the building blocks to reach a GF.

It’s saying something about Wigan when the team filled with their players deemed “surplus to requirements” is doing better than they are….
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    It’s saying something about Wigan when the team filled with their players deemed “surplus to requirements” is doing better than they are….
    I think it's probably more indicative of their inability to retain their talent.

Learning All The Songs

Unless they sort out the 'is Zak Hardacker staying or going fiasco' before the season starts then the situation is going to get worse as the season unfolds & ZH has to travel an extra couple of hours each day for training.

Quote Originally Posted by BackrowSaint View Post
    I think it's probably more indicative of their inability to retain their talent.
    I disagree. They thought that they were spent and that the my had better coming through……

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tilly2006 View Post
    Unless they sort out the 'is Zak Hardacker staying or going fiasco' before the season starts then the situation is going to get worse as the season unfolds & ZH has to travel an extra couple of hours each day for training.
    It’s another messy situation at Wigan.

Hardaker evidently doesn’t want to be there. This will carry on throughout next season as it did with Hastings. The Wigan Chairman then comes out and says Hardaker has a clause in his contract for an extra year and Wigan will activate it if they want to, again keeping him when he doesn’t want to be there.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wig...-3408208%3Famp

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BackrowSaint View Post
    Correct. They tried to bring Sam Tomkins back for next year and he refused. Wanted him to play at half-back.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by reliable sauce View Post
    It’s another messy situation at Wigan.

Hardaker evidently doesn’t want to be there. This will carry on throughout next season as it did with Hastings. The Wigan Chairman then comes out and says Hardaker has a clause in his contract for an extra year and Wigan will activate it if they want to, again keeping him when he doesn’t want to be there.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wig...-3408208%3Famp
    No point next season being a ‘rebuilding’ season for them if they could then lose Hardaker, French, Field, Leuluai, Farrell and Isa at the end of it. If they don’t get things right over the next 18 months they could seriously screw themselves for the next few years. I’m sure Wigan fans have plenty of faith in Lenagan, Radlinski and the new super group boyband management team extraordinaires to see them through!
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    No point next season being a ‘rebuilding’ season for them if they could then lose Hardaker, French, Field, Leuluai, Farrell and Isa at the end of it. If they don’t get things right over the next 18 months they could seriously screw themselves for the next few years. I’m sure Wigan fans have plenty of faith in Lenagan, Radlinski and the new super group boyband management team extraordinaires to see them through!
    Pundits and their fans have all said they need to sign better leaders. They’ve signed 2 NRL reserves, a championship winger and a former Wigan reject who plays for Leigh, not sure where the leaders are there.

Learning All The Songs

Class from Wigan here, so that just means Zac is going to Wakey,

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/spor...banned-6025569

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Bostik Bailey View Post

Can’t sell to fellow mid-table rivals, can they?
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Bostik Bailey View Post

Honestly i can't blame them,he want's to move closer to home,fair enough. But both Hull clubs are further away. After all they did for him it does seem he is taking the p*$s more than a bit.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    Honestly i can't blame them,he want's to move closer to home,fair enough. But both Hull clubs are further away. After all they did for him it does seem he is taking the p*$s more than a bit.
    Pontefract (I’m guessing he’s going back to where he’s from) to Hull is about ten miles less than Pontefract to Wigan.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Learning All The Songs saint mac's Avatar

If he ends up a Wakefield what a waste of a career.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by saint mac View Post
    If he ends up a Wakefield what a waste of a career.
    Hardaker seems to be one of those individuals who consistantly presses the "self destruct" button. So much talent and potential but through his own actions he's constantly scuppered his chances of being one of the games greats. A waste for sure.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    Pontefract (I’m guessing he’s going back to where he’s from) to Hull is about ten miles less than Pontefract to Wigan.
    Make that about 50 miles and you’d be about right.

It doesn’t seem very loyal of him when, in reality, they let him into the Last Chance Saloon.

P.S. Moving away from Yorkshire also seems to have been a move away from destructive influences.
    Last edited by Suttoner; 8th October 2021 at 19:42. Reason: PS

WARNING! PIE EATER!

This was my post on RL Fans re Hardaker.

I worked in Hull for about a year when we were commissioning some new control systems at BP. I would leave early Monday morning stay Monday night come home Tuesday then Stay over on Wednesday. It was a horrible commute.

I've also worked al over Europe, USA and Africa. I know what it's like to be away from family and friends.

For Hardaker, he has made the decision to move back closer to home for family reasons so he has two choices, get on with it and make the commute or try and find a club closer to home.

He knows Wigans position in that they are willing to let him go if they pay a fee to buy him out of his contract. I don't blame Wigan at all, they have invested a lot of time and money in him and to be fair he has given a good return on that investment.

I wouldn't block him going to Hull or HKR but would insist on a fee or player swap.

Learning All The Songs saint mac's Avatar

RG I agree with most of what you say but I don’t think Wigan have had a good return for their investment.He is nowhere near as good at Wigan that he was at his previous clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post

I don't blame Wigan at all, they have invested a lot of time and money in him and to be fair he has given a good return on that investment.

How the mighty have fallen.

The carpet was a better return on Wigan’s investment………

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Suttoner View Post
    Make that about 50 miles and you’d be about right.
    The article states 47 miles against 67 miles, so '20'

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    The article states 47 miles against 67 miles, so '20'
    My bad. I thought he was suggesting Pontefract was 10 miles from Hull!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Suttoner View Post
    My bad. I thought he was suggesting Pontefract was 10 miles from Hull!
    Ah, fair enough

Starting A Programme Collection greggo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post

I worked in Hull for about a year when we were commissioning some new control systems at BP. I would leave early Monday morning stay Monday night come home Tuesday then Stay over on Wednesday. It was a horrible commute.

I've also worked al over Europe, USA and Africa. I know what it's like to be away from family and friends.

For Hardaker, he has made the decision to move back closer to home for family reasons so he has two choices, get on with it and make the commute or try and find a club closer to home.

He knows Wigans position in that they are willing to let him go if they pay a fee to buy him out of his contract. I don't blame Wigan at all, they have invested a lot of time and money in him and to be fair he has given a good return on that investment.

I wouldn't block him going to Hull or HKR but would insist on a fee or player swap.
    Just a quick reminder a bit off topic but you can watch your teams elimination playoff against Leeds at 1.45 today on sky, enjoy!