Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coote one match ban

Learning All The Songs

Coote's ban is another example of how the game is being sanitised to extremes. Tackling will be outlawed eventually.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    We really do moan about nothing. He deserved a ban and could have been worse. We’ve not done too bad with the disciplinary hearings overall.

Makinson had a ban reduced on appeal, Paasi got 2 games when it could easily have been more and let’s face it I think Bachelor got away with one when he went in at the back of the knees third man in and bent the Leeds player in two last Friday.

An opposition player does that and we scream blue murder.

We seem to look for conspiracies when there aren’t any.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This.

A conspiracy and we’re the holders of 3/4 trophies. Can you imagine what people would be like if we won nothing?
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Saint from Bury View Post
    Coote's ban is another example of how the game is being sanitised to extremes. Tackling will be outlawed eventually.
    Have you watched the incident?
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Got A Season Ticket

I've played in amateur games where reds have been given for the same thing. Going in with the knees on a prone player's back after they've scored is cowardly.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Coote deserves the ban for that offence, the problem is the likes of Tomkins and Maloney would be given more tolerance.

Quote Originally Posted by Suttoner View Post
    I’ve watched it back and at about 36 minutes 46 seconds he does go into Dwyer with both knees and Dwyer was clearly in some pain. I don’t think it was deliberate but the punishment is probably fair.
    Yes, you are correct. I didn’t spot it at the time. But watching the sky plus........

But 5 mins earlier, that ugly toe rag Dwyer punched Grace as he was putting the ball down.
    No penalty
    No sin binning
    No 8 point try
    No match review
    No ban

What happened to ‘fair’?

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by palmorr View Post
    Yes, you are correct. I didn’t spot it at the time. But watching the sky plus........

But 5 mins earlier, that ugly toe rag Dwyer punched Grace as he was putting the ball down.
    No penalty
    No sin binning
    No 8 point try
    No match review
    No ban

What happened to ‘fair’?
    I don’t remember Grace ever play acting when he’s been fouled, which reduces the chance of even a penalty when the ref is making a live call. If you saw the punch, however, it makes me wonder how the individual who reviewed the video of the game missed it. Maybe they’re also influenced by players rolling around.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by palmorr View Post

No penalty
    No sin binning
    No 8 point try
    No match review
    No ban

What happened to ‘fair’?
    You've got to be joking? Punched?

He reached out to try and out his hand under the ball and didn't even make contact with Grace bar his forearm rubbing his shoulder.

https://youtu.be/Wdr8jOvC6YU

The slow mo is at 30 seconds and if that's a punch I'll do a lap of the Totally Wicked naked at the semi.

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Suttoner View Post
    I don’t remember Grace ever play acting when he’s been fouled, which reduces the chance of even a penalty when the ref is making a live call. If you saw the punch, however, it makes me wonder how the individual who reviewed the video of the game missed it. Maybe they’re also influenced by players rolling around.
    Punch, never, swinging arm, maybe. Absolutely nothing in that challenge what so ever.