Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: SKY coverage 2021 and the sport that can

Banned

Default SKY coverage 2021 and the sport that can

SKY coverage 2021 and the sport that can't present itself.

All ready and set for another Super League season which should be a cracker though I think Saints and Wigan are some way ahead of everyone else. Sadly the presentation of the sport is some way off so looking forward to:

1. The first (of many) daft Northern caricature routines by Baz n Tez.
    2. Time taken for Bill Arthur to get the players name wrong and mix Regan Grace up with Alex Walmsley.
    3. If the silly try music will remaining together with the equally outdated 'right here, right now' after a video ref refferal (or even worse 'making your mind up' by Abba)
    4. Getting the decibel metre out to measure how loud Jon Wells can shout at half time and whether he can use the word 'fantastic' more than Frank Sidebottom.
    5. Whether Phil Clarke can outdo himself again and come up with an arcane reason why an absolute no hoper will win the League; that and his latest fashion faux-pas.
    6. How dull, mundane and unimaginative the opening credits will be.
    7. Seeing what daft gimmick the game be used as a gunea pig to trial this year; come to think of it whatever happened to 3D TV by the way?
    8. Whether there are any questionable last minute deals for the sport to sell its naming rights, image rights etc for a green shield stamp and a box of fags.
    9. Time taken for the dated hard sell: "SuperLeague gets better and better," "it should be the best season yet" etc. Admittedly more of an outside bet now Hemmings is gone.

There will doubtless be many opportunities to lampoon the coverage so here's a toast to a garbage broadcaster and the fun they provide with their inept and outdated coverage.

Banned

Banned

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Ta
    Sorry forgot about that thread. That pastel get up Inglis is wearing makes him look more like 44! Outdone by Carney’s shocker though.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post
    SKY coverage 2021 and the sport that can't present itself.

All ready and set for another Super League season which should be a cracker though I think Saints and Wigan are some way ahead of everyone else. Sadly the presentation of the sport is some way off so looking forward to:

1. The first (of many) daft Northern caricature routines by Baz n Tez.
    2. Time taken for Bill Arthur to get the players name wrong and mix Regan Grace up with Alex Walmsley.
    3. If the silly try music will remaining together with the equally outdated 'right here, right now' after a video ref refferal (or even worse 'making your mind up' by Abba)
    4. Getting the decibel metre out to measure how loud Jon Wells can shout at half time and whether he can use the word 'fantastic' more than Frank Sidebottom.
    5. Whether Phil Clarke can outdo himself again and come up with an arcane reason why an absolute no hoper will win the League; that and his latest fashion faux-pas.
    6. How dull, mundane and unimaginative the opening credits will be.
    7. Seeing what daft gimmick the game be used as a gunea pig to trial this year; come to think of it whatever happened to 3D TV by the way?
    8. Whether there are any questionable last minute deals for the sport to sell its naming rights, image rights etc for a green shield stamp and a box of fags.
    9. Time taken for the dated hard sell: "SuperLeague gets better and better," "it should be the best season yet" etc. Admittedly more of an outside bet now Hemmings is gone.

There will doubtless be many opportunities to lampoon the coverage so here's a toast to a garbage broadcaster and the fun they provide with their inept and outdated coverage.
    Boom 17:48: ‘this season could be best in the 25 years its being going since 1996.’ As predictable as night following day.

Banned

Ta
    Sorry forgot about that thread. That pastel get up Inglis is wearing makes him look more like 44! Outdone by Carney’s shocker though.
    Let mine die and keep this going mate.

Inglis looks about 45 and Brian looks like he's spent the afternoon on the ale.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Let mine die and keep this going mate.

Inglis looks about 45 and Brian looks like he's spent the afternoon on the ale.
    Carney has definitely been on the pop bud.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Have I just heard canned booing when a penalty was given?

Sent from my SM-A716B using Tapatalk

Banned

I think they all have the amount of shite they've come out with. Bill Arthur is worse than useless.

I've been trying to think who he models himself on

He’s getting Amor confused with Thomson now.

Learning All The Songs

Bill Arthur is ••••ing crap, started with 13 minutes of silence and gone downhill from there, im contemplating watching without sound.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsepho View Post
    Bill Arthur is ••••ing crap, started with 13 minutes of silence and gone downhill from there, im contemplating watching without sound.
    He’s a hospital radio broadcaster at best. People may dislike a tone or style of a commentator in say football, cricket or golf or whatever but at least those commentators are competent. Arthur is woefully bad. It sums up Sky’s attitude to the sport.

Banned

Lets see how many times Jenna asks the players/coaches ‘how they feel’ about something...

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

I’ve booked my tickets for the Greg Inglis lecture tour, what an insightful and compelling speaker he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    I’ve booked my tickets for the Greg Inglis lecture tour, what an insightful and compelling speaker he is.
    To be fair it must be hard to give your opinion on something you've clearly never seen

Banned

Lol. Yes. At least Offiah set a lower bar for him so he isn’t quite the worst we’ve seen but yes, his summary was pretty awful and you’d hear a more insightful summary in the Brown Edge!

Lets see how many times Jenna asks the players/coaches ‘how they feel’ about something...
    My God, this drives me insane. In fairness to Jenna Brooke, it’s not a Sky RL thing - it’s everywhere: ‘did you feel emotional when x happened? [by the way, the correct answer is “yes”]’

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    To be fair it must be hard to give your opinion on something you've clearly never seen

Yeah, agreed. His eyes just lit up (or opened anyway) when Carney mentioned Bateman as he actually knew who he was. Shocking really, he knew almost nothing about the champion team in the comp he now gets paid to play in.

Banned

Yeah, agreed. His eyes just lit up (or opened anyway) when Carney mentioned Bateman as he actually knew who he was. Shocking really, he knew almost nothing about the champion team in the comp he now gets paid to play in.
    Cock on the block time: I think he will flop. Comes across as another Mark Carroll, looks fat and coming back from knocks. Just have a feeling he will be a let down; no better than Folau.

Banned

Cock on the block time: I think he will flop. Comes across as another Mark Carroll, looks fat and coming back from knocks. Just have a feeling he will be a let down; no better than Folau.
    He retired for a reason. He’s had nearly 12 months to get fit (since it was announced) and he is nowhere near ready to play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned

He certainly didn't look ready to play, as I mentioned earlier, he looks old (no shame in that after a hard career) but he certainly didn't look fit and I get the feeling he may have thought it was going to be easier than the actual reality of it. I got the same feeling with Thompson and Mata'uatia early on in our game. He's also going to have a massive target on his back a la Sonny Bill and we seen how that went.

Lol. Yes. At least Offiah set a lower bar for him so he isn’t quite the worst we’ve seen but yes, his summary was pretty awful and you’d hear a more insightful summary in the Brown Edge!
    My local when I lived with the folks. Our post match discussions were more insightful then the crock of garbage that is being dished up by Sky.

Bar that, I agree with everything else and I think you will be proven right on Inglis and I will be wrong. One of the greatest I've seen in his pomp though.

As an aside, he doesn't get mentioned a lot but I think one of the best Aussie centres of the modern era was Brent Tate.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

The Sky presenting team is an absolute f**king car crash.

Bill Arthur has to be the most boring, monotonous commentator ever. He literally puts no emotion into it whatsoever. He sounds exactly the same whether someone is giving a standard pass or whether someone scores an incredible try. The fact he gets the basics and names wrong aswell just compounds it all. A truly dreadful commentator. Sky needs a new lead commentator desperately, he is the worst part of the team by a mile. Bring back Eddie Hemmings, all is forgiven!

As for Barrie and Tez, my god they are cringy. Week after week they come on like a bad comedy double act, with their cringy dad jokes. They offer very little to the analysis and punditry side of the game. No sharp comments, no education to the observer. They are horrific.

Phil Clarke deliberately goes for the controversial angle every time to create a conversation but it's predictable what he's doing and Jon Wells analysis is very basic at best.

The only decent one in there is Brian Carney who presents it fairly well and isn't afraid to ask questions we want to know the answers to. Sadly for him the rest of them drag him down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    The Sky presenting team is an absolute f**king car crash.

Bill Arthur has to be the most boring, monotonous commentator ever. He literally puts no emotion into it whatsoever. He sounds exactly the same whether someone is giving a standard pass or whether someone scores an incredible try. The fact he gets the basics and names wrong aswell just compounds it all. A truly dreadful commentator. Sky needs a new lead commentator desperately, he is the worst part of the team by a mile. Bring back Eddie Hemmings, all is forgiven!

As for Barrie and Tez, my god they are cringy. Week after week they come on like a bad comedy double act, with their cringy dad jokes. They offer very little to the analysis and punditry side of the game. No sharp comments, no education to the observer. They are horrific.

Phil Clarke deliberately goes for the controversial angle every time to create a conversation but it's predictable what he's doing and Jon Wells analysis is very basic at best.

The only decent one in there is Brian Carney who presents it fairly well and isn't afraid to ask questions we want to know the answers to. Sadly for him the rest of them drag him down.
    Why do we need so many pundits/commentators?

It's been mentioned but dear me, Greg Inglis. Hadn't a clue what he was watching. Not sure what Danny McGuire is up to these days but we need him as a full time pundit. He was excellent when he was on last season.

The presentation does not need tweaking. It needs to be thrown in the bin and completely revamped.

Carney and Jenna Brooks I'd keep. The rest can go.