Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Totally Wicked Stadium/Cash Converters

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Default Totally Wicked Stadium/Cash Converters

Random thought of the day...............I think I am right in saying the naming rights for the stadium may be up for grabs again for 2022. Has anyone heard anything on this? Also, the deal with Cash Converters runs out next year too.

I know there are more important things going on in the world but I can't be the only one who cringes every time I hear the words "Totally Wicked Stadium" or sees "Cash Converters" across our shirt. I said it from day one the stadium name sounds awful and so so tacky. Listening to Jamie Allen interview Sione Matautia and hearing him say we can't wait to see him at the "Totally Wicked Stadium" just made my toes curl.

I really hope the club move away from both of these companies after next year. In an ideal world we would've stuck with Langtree Park and still have St.Helens Glass on our shirts but I know money talks in this day and age. I just hope someone "better" puts some money up next year from 2022 onwards.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

In The South Stand

The Cash Converters sponsor is the reason I have not bought or worn a saints shirt recently. If it was the best deal for the club then great but I'm not going to walk around wearing a big pawn shop logo on my chest.

Less bothered about the stadium name to be honest but agree it doesn't sound great.

Banned

Both are shit IMO but if they're offering the most dosh I don't see what else we can do.

Personally I'd like to see us sponsored by Aston Martin and Burberry, have the we could have the Vanquish stadium and Burberry designed strips with the house check in home and away colours on the collar.

In The South Stand

I’ve never called it the Totally Wicked Stadium. I didn’t call Knowsley Road whatever it was called towards the end either, it’ll probably be Langtree Park for me unless we ever decided to name it after a figure at the club.

The sponsor doesn’t really bother me too much. It’s not ideal but they’re willing to throw the most money towards us, I hope.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

It's the level that RL is at to be honest. Big businesses aren't going to put money into clubs or a sport that only has a very limited audience, therefore there is a level to which some companies just won't get involved in - and I'm afraid RL just doesn't reach the heights in order to get the big £££ businesses involved
    I ate a tuna sandwich on my first day!

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    I’ve never called it the Totally Wicked Stadium. I didn’t call Knowsley Road whatever it was called towards the end either, it’ll probably be Langtree Park for me unless we ever decided to name it after a figure at the club.

The sponsor doesn’t really bother me too much. It’s not ideal but they’re willing to throw the most money towards us, I hope.
    Exactly what I was going to type.

It will always be Langtree Park because that’s what it was called when it was being built and when it opened it’s gates.
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

There was a big fuss on here when Totally Wicked got the naming rights, but let's be honest, has it made much difference? I don't recall rival fans saying much about it (face to face anyway), and I doubt if the general public give it much thought. Personally, I tend to refer to the ground as 'Saints', or 'at home', but calling it TW doesn't bother me.
    I'm not bothered about Cash Converters either. It would be nice to attract a bigger 'cooler' brand, but as JBT says above, it's the level we're at.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    There was a big fuss on here when Totally Wicked got the naming rights, but let's be honest, has it made much difference? I don't recall rival fans saying much about it (face to face anyway), and I doubt if the general public give it much thought. Personally, I tend to refer to the ground as 'Saints', or 'at home', but calling it TW doesn't bother me.
    I'm not bothered about Cash Converters either. It would be nice to attract a bigger 'cooler' brand, but as JBT says above, it's the level we're at.
    I feel pretty much the same. The image that cash converters portrays may not be be the best, but they are a multi national with revenues of 200M. I don't see many other companies of the size queuing up to put there names on our shirts.

WARNING! WIDNES FAN!

What are the club doing about season tickets next year? i would of thought they would be on sale now with a clause to give back cash if no games etc etc? seems quiet

Quote Originally Posted by col81 View Post
    What are the club doing about season tickets next year? i would of thought they would be on sale now with a clause to give back cash if no games etc etc? seems quiet
    What relevance does that have in this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I feel pretty much the same. The image that cash converters portrays may not be be the best, but they are a multi national with revenues of 200M. I don't see many other companies of the size queuing up to put there names on our shirts.
    Just curious, but what image does Cash Converters portray?

Learning All The Songs

I still refer to it as Langtree Park, never really got on board with calling it the Totally Wicked. As both you and JBT say, Cash Converters is evidence of where the sport is at, but at the end of the day, if they are the company that is going to pay the most for the shirt sponsorship then we dont really have an option.

It would be nice to have a local company as our main sponsor, gets them decent coverage and marketing on Sky, helping them grow, but i dont see any company big enough, or willing to do it, outside a fan winning the Euromillions and throwing money in.

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by col81 View Post
    Do they know what the SL structure is yet?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

l Personally, I tend to refer to the ground as 'Saints', or 'at home', but calling it TW doesn't bother me..
    I've always thought that, I always refer to it as "I'm going Saints"

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

With the stadium name continuously changing after so many years I usually stick with "Saints @ Langtree Park".

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by JBT View Post
    200% APR pawnbroking, 500% APR car logbook loans - that sort of image

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Personally I’ll be happy for naming rights/shirt sponsorship to go to whoever wants to give us the biggest wedge of cash. You aren’t going to please everyone either way. Manchester United’s deal with Chevrolet was worth £450m over 7 years, massive company, recognisable brand, further expansion into the American market, but fans ‘don’t like the gaudy gold badge across the front of the shirt’. When you’re in a sport like ours where the governing body accepts free pizza as a viable sponsorship option you take what you can and when you can.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Banned

Smackheads selling stolen tools from hard working people.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheVee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Exactly this.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

A company that charges extortionate interest rates for people that may be down on their luck. They have had class action law suits over that. Though for some people that want to sell something they are finished with they may provide a service.

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

Consider yourself lucky that it was only a few torque wrenches, it could be a treasured 5 string instrument that featured in your favourite family pics.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

It's more marketing and how you sell yourself as a sport really. Club RU isn't watched by that many more people than RL. TV ratings for Super League are pretty much on a par with the RU Prem, and the average crowd isn't that much higher in RU either. The point of shirt sponsorship is to be seen at the grounds and on TV surely, so if 150,000 people watch the biggest RU games on TV and 15,000 watch them in the ground, which is pretty much the same amount as RL, it comes down to how the two sports sell themselves and the demographics of their fans to companies. RU do a good job telling firms that their fans are wealthy, upper market and the type of people to be associated with, whilst RL gives off the image of us all being down at heel cloth cap wearing oiks.

Yes, the average RU fan is probably more well off in general, and yes the average viewer on TV is probably sitting at home watching the game in an area regarded as more up market in general, but is the difference so huge that firms like Allianz, Vodafone, Mitsubishi, Holland & Barrett and DHL are happy dishing out cash to be on RU shirts whilst in RL we make do with Cash Converters?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie McWolf View Post
    Consider yourself lucky that it was only a few torque wrenches, it could be a treasured 5 string instrument that featured in your favourite family pics.
    It's that time of the year I suppose.

https://imgur.com/a/H2SPh38

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

It's that time of the year I suppose.

https://imgur.com/a/H2SPh38
    Fair play! Any chance you can add in some music? The old George Formby classic “When I’m smashing windows” for example?

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheVee View Post
    Is it not where burglars offload their swag?!