Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: OOC players

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Does he have his family with him in St Helens?
    You're now accusing him of child cruelty?

Goddammit, man!

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Does he have his family with him in St Helens?
    Yes he has his family with him living in Eccleston.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    You're now accusing him of child cruelty?

Goddammit, man!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

https://www.totalrl.com/rfl-distribu...Jc9c1ZK3P0xC7o

According to this, Peyroux still yet to sign a new deal. Presumably Amor and LMS have extended their deals; just not been announced yet.

Not sure how accurate or up to date this is though. James Graham isn’t on the list for example.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post

According to this, Peyroux still yet to sign a new deal. Presumably Amor and LMS have extended their deals; just not been announced yet.

Not sure how accurate or up to date this is though. James Graham isn’t on the list for example.
    neither is ashworth

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Mander View Post
    neither is ashworth
    Signed for Huddersfield I believe.

My understanding is the list is only a day old and came from the RFL

Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post

Sounds about right

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post

Oh dear never mind ��

Banned

Cant get link to work says i need to sign in. Who is on their from st helens

I expect more movement out of Saints than mentioned in this article. With Covid and cost cutting I see a slight reduction in our squad. Offloading Paulo (Toulouse) apparently is a start. Sky mentioned Peyroux linked to a move away. We will rely on some younger guys to replace the bigger wage earners. But we need at least one prop IMO as we will be very weak there next season. Lees has flatlined and Ashworth is well..not sure what happened to him. Disappointed as thought them two would come through better.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

Quote Originally Posted by itswide2west View Post
    Cant get link to work says i need to sign in. Who is on their from st helens
    Hazzard
    Peyroux
    Taia
    Costello (going to Salford)
    Quote Originally Posted by 49er View Post
    I expect more movement out of Saints than mentioned in this article. With Covid and cost cutting I see a slight reduction in our squad. Offloading Paulo (Toulouse) apparently is a start. Sky mentioned Peyroux linked to a move away. We will rely on some younger guys to replace the bigger wage earners. But we need at least one prop IMO as we will be very weak there next season. Lees has flatlined and Ashworth is well..not sure what happened to him. Disappointed as thought them two would come through better.
    I think “flatlined” is harsh and I certainly wouldn’t be writing him off. I think people underestimate just how serious that injury was that he had and it massively impacted not only his physical growth but also his off season. He obviously hasn’t been as good this year as pre-injury but that’s understandable. I thought his last performance was his best so far this season though. With a full pre season before 2021 I’m sure he’ll be fine and back to his rampaging best. He’s only 22 don’t forget.

As for recruitment/retention I think we are looking something like:

IN: Thompson, Paasi
    OUT: Taia, Graham, Costello, Paulo, Ashworth

The only one I’m not sure of now is Peyroux.

Hazzard
    Peyroux
    Taia
    Costello (going to Salford)

I think “flatlined” is harsh and I certainly wouldn’t be writing him off. I think people underestimate just how serious that injury was that he had and it massively impacted not only his physical growth but also his off season. He obviously hasn’t been as good this year as pre-injury but that’s understandable. I thought his last performance was his best so far this season though. With a full pre season before 2021 I’m sure he’ll be fine and back to his rampaging best. He’s only 22 don’t forget.

Totally agree with why Lees may be struggling. My comments were on his performances but accept the reasoning. I have always stood up for Lees and Ashworth when many were giving them flack and want both to succeed. Alas I think Ashworth is done at Saints. He’s had off field issues and maybe that’s a factor. Hope we can get Lees to push on because if not we will need to see what we need in the prop department. As I said regardless of Lees we need at least one prop. Sorry not heard about Paasi ? Is he a prop?

Totally agree with why Lees may be struggling. My comments were on his performances but accept the reasoning. I have always stood up for Lees and Ashworth when many were giving them flack and want both to succeed. Alas I think Ashworth is done at Saints. He’s had off field issues and maybe that’s a factor. Hope we can get Lees to push on because if not we will need to see what we need in the prop department. As I said regardless of Lees we need at least one prop. Sorry not heard about Paasi ? Is he a prop?
    Yeah a prop from NZ Warriors. Started 22 games for them in 2019 and 23 in 2018 but only played 6 times in 2020 due to Covid. He was one of a handful of NZ Warriors players who stayed home in NZ and didn’t relocate to Australia and therefore hasn’t played post lockdown

Some bits on him here:

https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/p...i/summary.html

https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/w...club-st-helens

Our props next year will be Walmsley, Paasi, Lees, Amor, LMS.

I agree on Ashworth. I think he’s done at Saints. He showed early promise but for whatever reason he seems disinterested to me. I think a fresh start somewhere else with maybe less pressure might do him good.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

In his last 2 games Lees is showing signs of getting back to his pre injury self, I don't think Ashworth is worth keeping was expecting him to put in a lot of effort on that Monday night game but only did 4 carries in that game, very poor.

Paasi looks as though he can play as a starting or impact prop, I would imagine he will be coming off the bench with Amor or LMS to keep momentum ticking over.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

I'd be quite happy with Walmsley, Lees, Passi, LMS and Amor as our props for next year. We've got nice balance there as Passi from what I've seen is more an impact type player so he will compliment the other guys quite well who are workhorse type players (apart from Walmsley).

Batchelor (if he stays) will probably then fill Ashworth's role in the squad as a back up prop but can also play 2nd row and Centre.

I'd like to keep Peyroux personally especially with Paolo going but if were having to cost cut a bit due to Covid and rely on a few young players it's understandable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

EDITED

So in reality we are losing two regular squad members and and a bit part player in Costello and getting two in. Not that bad.

Yeah a prop from NZ Warriors. Started 22 games for them in 2019 and 23 in 2018 but only played 6 times in 2020 due to Covid. He was one of a handful of NZ Warriors players who stayed home in NZ and didn’t relocate to Australia and therefore hasn’t played post lockdown

Some bits on him here:

https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/p...i/summary.html

https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/w...club-st-helens

Our props next year will be Walmsley, Paasi, Lees, Amor, LMS.

I agree on Ashworth. I think he’s done at Saints. He showed early promise but for whatever reason he seems disinterested to me. I think a fresh start somewhere else with maybe less pressure might do him good.
    Thanks for links.

My slight concern is Amor. I think he’s done ok post lockdown but never seem sure which Amor will turn up. Problem we have had even when Thompson was here when the 2 big guys go off we struggle. Would like to have 3 powerful guys but maybe I’m being over ambitious.

Starting A Programme Collection

I think we could do with a winger, if grace or makinson go down we are in bother if both go down we are in real trouble

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by JB1973 View Post
    I think we could do with a winger, if grace or makinson go down we are in bother if both go down we are in real trouble
    We hardly did badly with Welbsy there and Simm could probably fill in, and Nisbet and Rizzelli (sp?) whilst both making crucial mistakes vs Salford both showed enough to keep around for a couple of years, which probably is what removes Costellos role in the team. Also anyone who signed as a backup winger is going to be Matty Dawson levels of ability and that logic led us down a recruitment dark path for a while.

My personal feelings is that the club probably had bigger plans for recruitment this year which are unfortunately put on hold this year due to Covid. I canÂ’t imagine anyone is particularly willing to move across country/ countries without paying massive overs. The 1 year extensions for Amor and LMS feel very much like us kicking the can down the line a little as we know both of them can still do a job (whilst Paulo leaving does give us some flexibility on the off chance we do find someone interesting).

I think Paasi is a different type of prop and one we’ve been missing for a while and should hopefully take some weight off Walmsley, and start to bridge the drop in intensity we have when he goes off, I liked Batchelor at prop and wonder if long term that’s what we’re looking to turn him into (which would explain why we haven’t seen much of him) and the long term LMS “athletic prop” replacement, and whilst Lees has suffered second season syndrome I am fairly convinced he’ll come good. All in all I understanding wanting to sign another Walmsley level prop, with the numbers we have I can’t see it happening. Oh, and I assume Graham has signed a 1 year extension with the option to retire at the end of the year which is why he’s not on the list.

Starting A Programme Collection

I think Graham signed for this season only, intending to return to Aus in a coaching role

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superarch View Post
    I think Graham signed for this season only, intending to return to Aus in a coaching role
    I believed it was a media role..

I think a lot will depend on his family life, I presume they'll be renting over here. If his wife is enjoying some time over here with the kids enjoying time with their grandparents, they may decide on another year, it may be that his wife wants to do a bit of European travelling next year?

Conversely his Mrs may be hating it here, and at least one of his kids will be coming up to school age, so that may sway it the other way.

I would guess the money wouldn't be an issue for them, rumours are he was being paid the best part of 400k a year in his pomp

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by superarch View Post
    hope so. He is a pale shadow of his former self.

In The South Stand

Amor to Hull KR, seen rumoured on social media.
    "If you're going to strive for a change then you have to keep going upwards,"
    Keiron Cunningham, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Hemmings' Wig View Post
    Amor to Hull KR, seen rumoured on social media.
    If we are losing Amor, Graham and Ashworth then presumably another prop will come in as well as Paasi. Unless Graham is sticking around for another 12 months?

Can’t see Amor wanting to move away from the NW to be honest. House in Orrell, family here. Would have to be a belting offer for him to move there.