Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FAO Tallagh Tiger

Banned

Default FAO Tallagh Tiger

I'm back in business.

You Won:

£37.50
    Alex Walmsley and James Roby Both To Score a Try (Was 11/2)
    13/2
    Price Boost
    St Helens v Wakefield Trinity
    30 - 0

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I'm back in business.

You Won:

£37.50
    13/2
    Price Boost
    30 - 0

We’re back

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post

We’re back
    I also got paid to watch the game, and had someone make me a brew. Don't spoil it for me.

Learning All The Songs

I'm back in business.

You Won:

£37.50
    13/2
    Price Boost
    30 - 0
    Well done, haven`t taken a washer from them in the last four games.
    I should bow to your knowledge and ask for help but I would only f@@k it up for you once I am on it.
    I went with Regan for first score, he seems to rack up some crackers against Wakey, but my money made him look like he had a piano on his back tonight especially when chasing back on Senior!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tallaght Tiger View Post
    Well done, haven`t taken a washer from them in the last four games.
    I should bow to your knowledge and ask for help but I would only f@@k it up for you once I am on it.
    I went with Regan for first score, he seems to rack up some crackers against Wakey, but my money made him look like he had a piano on his back tonight especially when chasing back on Senior!!
    I was surprised he didn't get to Senior, he must have stumbled or had a slight tweak maybe but he played well apart from that.

Learning All The Songs

I was surprised he didn't get to Senior, he must have stumbled or had a slight tweak maybe but he played well apart from that.
    It looked like he pulled up/stumbled when Senior was going towards the posts, but that lad is rapid anyhow.
    Cannot see this season finishing, so Paddy Power will be down on profits without me on first scorer.

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

It looked like he pulled up/stumbled when Senior was going towards the posts, but that lad is rapid anyhow.
    Cannot see this season finishing, so Paddy Power will be down on profits without me on first scorer.
    Can't comment on the betting as it's not my thing, but with Grace V Senior, Grace had to turn, then Senior was weaving as he ran. Very hard to catch up with that.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    Can't comment on the betting as it's not my thing, but with Grace V Senior, Grace had to turn, then Senior was weaving as he ran. Very hard to catch up with that.
    Grace lost about 1 to 2 seconds on the stop and turn and chase, by that time Senior was probably approaching top speed, that 1 to 2 seconds would be about 10 metres over that distance. Bentley was impressive though in that never give up attitude.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Grace lost about 1 to 2 seconds on the stop and turn and chase, by that time Senior was probably approaching top speed, that 1 to 2 seconds would be about 10 metres over that distance. Bentley was impressive though in that never give up attitude.
    Yeah, you're probably right. I was just expecting him to do an Albert/Sullivan but he's a different player.

In The South Stand

Lets not take away the fact that Senior is rapid as well.

Regan’s lightning over 40-50 metres but I think there are others faster in a sustained sprint.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Bentley surprised me, another 10 -15 metres he probably would have had Senior.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    Regan’s lightning over 40-50 metres but I think there are others faster in a sustained sprint.
    One of those who gets up to top speed extremely quickly which is why he looks lightning fast when he makes a break but has been chased down in the past. I’m not fussed if he’s not out and out the fastest as long as he’s still rapid and can step/change direction at full speed which he seems to be improving at all the time.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    Face facts, Regan is not as quick as is being made out. He was beaten for pace.

Got A Season Ticket

It's much more motivating to be going hell for leather to score a try rather than prevent one. I speak from experience.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by notawiginfan View Post
    Dunno about him not being as quick as is been made out, his GPS has him as the only man in SL over 36Km/Hr and the second in RL behind Addo-Carr.
    As has been mentioned he has great acceleration but his speed endurance is getting there as per the 101m try against Leeds, Handley & Newman could not get to him.
    I cannot recall him being chased down Wee Waa but he has looked lethargic in the past after he has made a few breaks and he looked gassed chasing back the other night, just waiting for the positive Covid test announcement. I have a €10 on it.

Yes. But Senior had a head start and grace had to turn. Reverse the situation & Grace wouldn't have been caught either.

I think Grace's elusive running is what makes him difficult to stop in full flight rather than out & out Josh Addo Carr pace. However, if Grace gets an interception on his own line with a clear run, I doubt he would get caught 99/100

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

That has crossed my mind in the past, and I think Dux got it right in what he said in #11
    However, a player on a weaving run is hard to catch!

It wasn't a normal circumstance though, if you have a 100 metres track race and face Usain Bolt the other way at the start he would probably end up in last place,

Usain Bolt maximum speed is 42 km/hr using both arms on a fast track, Regan Grace can do 36 km/hr carrying a ball in one hand on grass............thats quick. It looked as though Senior changed direction before Grace got to top speed I think that was what got Grace to give up, Bentley was smart to see the direction change and ran on the angle for a great effort.

I agree with what other people are saying in that his stamina to maintain top speed is better this season, last year he was a 50-60 metre speedster similar to "Billy Whiz" this year he is probably up to the 70-80 metre mark, but his show piece is changing direction mid air again very similar to "Billy Whiz".

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Dunno about him not being as quick as is been made out, his GPS has him as the only man in SL over 36Km/Hr and the second in RL behind Addo-Carr.
    As has been mentioned he has great acceleration but his speed endurance is getting there as per the 101m try against Leeds, Handley & Newman could not get to him.
    I cannot recall him being chased down Wee Waa but he has looked lethargic in the past after he has made a few breaks and he looked gassed chasing back the other night, just waiting for the positive Covid test announcement. I have a €10 on it.
    I think there was a couple of times maybe last season or season before when he was chased down. Once by Charnley and the other I think was McIntosh from Huddersfield. Both times, if I recall, he just ran for the corner. Now, with his improved ability to step and change direction, he’d have probably scored in both situations.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Starting A Programme Collection

It wasn't a normal circumstance though, if you have a 100 metres track race and face Usain Bolt the other way at the start he would probably end up in last place,

Usain Bolt maximum speed is 42 km/hr using both arms on a fast track, Regan Grace can do 36 km/hr carrying a ball in one hand on grass............thats quick. It looked as though Senior changed direction before Grace got to top speed I think that was what got Grace to give up, Bentley was smart to see the direction change and ran on the angle for a great effort.

I agree with what other people are saying in that his stamina to maintain top speed is better this season, last year he was a 50-60 metre speedster similar to "Billy Whiz" this year he is probably up to the 70-80 metre mark, but his show piece is changing direction mid air again very similar to "Billy Whiz".
    I think he has obviously been working on his game especially his ability and composure in taking the high ball. Seems he caught every single high ball going left which is great considering his issues when breaking into the team. Clean catch & acceleration makes those early yards easier to tick off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WalkieTalkie View Post
    I think he has obviously been working on his game especially his ability and composure in taking the high ball. Seems he caught every single high ball going left which is great considering his issues when breaking into the team. Clean catch & acceleration makes those early yards easier to tick off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think he has improved all round this year, as you say taking the ball, but also his tackling, his positioning in the line and not getting bundled into touch. He is developing nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I think he has improved all round this year, as you say taking the ball, but also his tackling, his positioning in the line and not getting bundled into touch. He is developing nicely.
    I think it was mentioned last year by Wello that Coote, Grace and Bentley have the greatest strength to body weight ratios in the whole squad.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    He is, I've been impressed a couple of times lately by his strength and it's looks like he's improving his physique too. It's obviously a fine line with wingers but I'm more than happy with him.

Learning All The Songs

Everton look a good price at 3/1 for the win.