Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Local Lockdown in GM and Kirklees

In The South Stand

Default Local Lockdown in GM and Kirklees

Hate to say it folks but this might sadly be the nail in the coffin for the season. I really hope its not as like everyone have been itching to see
    live RL being played again even if it is behind closed doors.

The local lockdown affecting Greater Manchester and Kirklees areas is absolutely not what anyone wants.
    This local lockdown will cover the Wigan, Salford (GM) and Huddersfield (Kirklees) areas. If you have a read of the guidance issued for Leicester's local lockdown it reads as follows as taken from the GOV UK website:

"People who play team sports can meet to train together and do things like conditioning or fitness sessions but not in groups of more than 6 and you should be 2 metres apart at all times."

It might also well affect players and staff who play for other clubs who live in these areas too

If the guidance for GM and Kirklees ends up exactly the same what next?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by parrsaint View Post
    Hate to say it folks but this might sadly be the nail in the coffin for the season. I really hope its not as like everyone have been itching to see

The local lockdown affecting Greater Manchester and Kirklees areas is absolutely not what anyone wants.
    This local lockdown will cover the Wigan, Salford (GM) and Huddersfield (Kirklees) areas. If you have a read of the guidance issued for Leicester's local lockdown it reads as follows as taken from the GOV UK website:

"People who play team sports can meet to train together and do things like conditioning or fitness sessions but not in groups of more than 6 and you should be 2 metres apart at all times."

It might also well affect players and staff who play for other clubs who live in these areas too

The lockdown is different to Leicester..

This is specifically aimed at people from different households meeting indoors..

So Wigan and Salford have to get changed on the pitch

Learning All The Songs Blue Harvest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    The lockdown is different to Leicester..

This is specifically aimed at people from different households meeting indoors..

So Wigan and Salford have to get changed on the pitch
    "So, if you turn up in your kits, then go home in them, that would be great!"

Quote Originally Posted by parrsaint View Post

I would have thought something was in place for pro team sports who are being constantly tested for the virus. When Leicester was in Lockdown they still played Games at the KP.

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    "So, if you turn up in your kits, then go home in them, that would be great!"
    That's what we've been told to do for the amateur football.

Run around for 90 minutes and then have to drive home sweaty and dirty.

Joke

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    That's what we've been told to do for the amateur football.

Run around for 90 minutes and then have to drive home sweaty and dirty.

Joke
    serves you right for playing football you big softy

Quote Originally Posted by JB1973 View Post
    serves you right for playing football you big softy
    You make a valid point

These local lockdowns may be more short lived than we might expect. There are a lot of areas with a large proportion of Muslims included in the new lockdown (Oldham, Kirklees, Bradford...) and today is the beginning of Eid when lots of people will be visiting other households. Although this will be denied by the govt I’m sure there’s a link.

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by djh1972 View Post
    These local lockdowns may be more short lived than we might expect. There are a lot of areas with a large proportion of Muslims included in the new lockdown (Oldham, Kirklees, Bradford...) and today is the beginning of Eid when lots of people will be visiting other households. Although this will be denied by the govt I’m sure there’s a link.
    Absolutely agree

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

Quote Originally Posted by djh1972 View Post
    lets be honest they couldn't turn round and say this just applies to Muslims, especially in the current climate.

don't think it would have gone down well

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Grouse View Post
    lets be honest they couldn't turn round and say this just applies to Muslims, especially in the current climate.

don't think it would have gone down well
    I implied to some bloke in the gym before and he looked like he wanted to cry. I'm not being funny, it's a fact that lots of the areas with spikes have a high Asian demographic. As we know, Asians are very family orientated and tend to live in larger groups. There's nothing racist or offensive about that, it's just a cultural trait same as people from Wigan are generally fairly ugly.
    Last edited by Angry Dave; 31st July 2020 at 16:22. Reason: The season starting again this weekend

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

It's hard not to feel sorry for the people of Wigan over this, they've had 23 cases in a week (34 over two weeks) whereas Blackburn has had over 120 cases two weeks running.. there's towns with much worse figures than Wigan..

St Helens for comparison have doubled in a week, from 2 to 4!

https://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/news/...ompares-areas/

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    It's hard not to feel sorry for the people of Wigan over this, they've had 23 cases in a week (34 over two weeks) whereas Blackburn has had over 120 cases two weeks running.. there's towns with much worse figures than Wigan..

St Helens for comparison have doubled in a week, from 2 to 4!

https://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/news/...ompares-areas/
    To be honest mate, it seems to spread that quickly it's worrying in general. I'm not worried about myself but certainly some older friends and relatives.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I implied to some bloke in the gym before and he looked like he wanted to cry. I'm not being funny, it's a fact that lots of the areas with spikes have a high Asian demographic. As we know, Asians are very family orientated and tend to live in larger groups. There's nothing racist or offensive about that, it's just a cultural trait same as people from Wigan are generally fairly ugly.
    Don't start quoting facts, you know where that will lead.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Don't start quoting facts, you know where that will lead.
    The facts are young Asians in specific areas are not seeing the point of it all then going home to houses with lots of generations in the same melting pot. They live in a certain way and they wont change. I just hope it doesn't affect me I'm sick of it now. Roll on Sunday.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    The facts are young Asians in specific areas are not seeing the point of it all then going home to houses with lots of generations in the same melting pot. They live in a certain way and they wont change. I just hope it doesn't affect me I'm sick of it now. Roll on Sunday.
    To be fair, it isn't just Asians, it's just they live in big groups. I've been in Liverpool for the past couple of days and there's loads of people of all ages generally not giving a shit. I know what you mean though, I'm sick of the whole thing myself.

Quote Originally Posted by andym View Post
    Save our sport. Lockdown is state terrorism. Coronavirus is the common cold, look it up in any medical encylopaedia. Sick of the whole thing? Stand up for rugby league, your lives, livelihoods and family. do you think your children will not suffer in the future from these absurd restrictions? Mental health and brain damage will be the result of this state terrorism and wearing useless masks which only stop the wearer from criticla thinking. Can't you discern the truth from the daily lies? Ok for shop assistants but not shoppers to be unmuzzled? Ok for police not to be muzzled becuase they're immune 'cause they wear a uniform? Think about it, you're lives and families lives, your sport is being sacrificed on the altar of sheer stupidity! Boris survived covid19, that tub of lard, that lying drunkard with inbred compulsive buffonry, yet we're not safe? Come off it! The only people who are dying ar 80 year olds with palliative care! Crossing the road is more dangerous, eating undercooked chicken is dangerous, coronavirus is a psyops. Tories are the last people on earth, along with bankers, to be trusted, especially money grubbing scum like Boris and his cronies who have NEVER done a good thing for this country except lead us into phoney wars, recessions which they caused to enrich their banker masters, and oppress the poor and those unable to defend themselves.
    Stand up and say no to useless facemasks, pointless restrictions, and this vile hoax. They are squeezing you until your pips squeak and you're too dumb or blind to see. The superrich are the only ones benefiting, them are their collaborators in this atrocity.
    Fight for your rights or you will have NONE left.
    Swiss report:
    In countries like the US, the UK, and also Sweden (without a lockdown), overall mortality since the beginning of the year is in the range of a strong influenza season; in countries like Germany and Switzerland, overall mortality so far is in the range of a mild influenza season.
    In most places, the risk of death for the general population of school and working age is in the range of a daily car ride to work. The risk was initially overestimated because many people with only mild or no symptoms were not taken into account.
    Up to 80% of all test-positive persons remain symptom-free. Even among 70-79 year olds, about 60% remain symptom-free. About 95% of all people develop at most moderate symptoms.
    Up to 60% of all persons may already have a certain cellular background immunity to the new coronavirus due to contact with previous coronaviruses (i.e. cold viruses). The initial assumption that there was no immunity against the new coronavirus was not correct.
    The median age of the deceased in most countries (including Italy) is over 80 years (e.g. 86 years in Sweden) and only about 4% of the deceased had no serious preconditions. The age and risk profile of deaths thus essentially corresponds to normal mortality.
    In many countries, up to two thirds of all extra deaths occurred in nursing homes, which do not benefit from a general lockdown. Moreover, in many cases it is not clear whether these people really died from Covid-19 or from weeks of extreme stress and isolation.

You gotta fight for your right to party, play sport, LIVE!
    Please turn your computer or phone off and flush it down the toilet.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Saint View Post
    Please turn your computer or phone off and flush it down the toilet.
    that made me lol.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Save our sport. Lockdown is state terrorism. Coronavirus is the common cold, look it up in any medical encylopaedia. Sick of the whole thing? Stand up for rugby league, your lives, livelihoods and family. do you think your children will not suffer in the future from these absurd restrictions? Mental health and brain damage will be the result of this state terrorism and wearing useless masks which only stop the wearer from criticla thinking. Can't you discern the truth from the daily lies? Ok for shop assistants but not shoppers to be unmuzzled? Ok for police not to be muzzled becuase they're immune 'cause they wear a uniform? Think about it, you're lives and families lives, your sport is being sacrificed on the altar of sheer stupidity! Boris survived covid19, that tub of lard, that lying drunkard with inbred compulsive buffonry, yet we're not safe? Come off it! The only people who are dying ar 80 year olds with palliative care! Crossing the road is more dangerous, eating undercooked chicken is dangerous, coronavirus is a psyops. Tories are the last people on earth, along with bankers, to be trusted, especially money grubbing scum like Boris and his cronies who have NEVER done a good thing for this country except lead us into phoney wars, recessions which they caused to enrich their banker masters, and oppress the poor and those unable to defend themselves.
    Stand up and say no to useless facemasks, pointless restrictions, and this vile hoax. They are squeezing you until your pips squeak and you're too dumb or blind to see. The superrich are the only ones benefiting, them are their collaborators in this atrocity.
    Swiss report:
    In countries like the US, the UK, and also Sweden (without a lockdown), overall mortality since the beginning of the year is in the range of a strong influenza season; in countries like Germany and Switzerland, overall mortality so far is in the range of a mild influenza season.
    In most places, the risk of death for the general population of school and working age is in the range of a daily car ride to work. The risk was initially overestimated because many people with only mild or no symptoms were not taken into account.
    Up to 80% of all test-positive persons remain symptom-free. Even among 70-79 year olds, about 60% remain symptom-free. About 95% of all people develop at most moderate symptoms.
    Up to 60% of all persons may already have a certain cellular background immunity to the new coronavirus due to contact with previous coronaviruses (i.e. cold viruses). The initial assumption that there was no immunity against the new coronavirus was not correct.
    The median age of the deceased in most countries (including Italy) is over 80 years (e.g. 86 years in Sweden) and only about 4% of the deceased had no serious preconditions. The age and risk profile of deaths thus essentially corresponds to normal mortality.
    In many countries, up to two thirds of all extra deaths occurred in nursing homes, which do not benefit from a general lockdown. Moreover, in many cases it is not clear whether these people really died from Covid-19 or from weeks of extreme stress and isolation.

It's not only the US elections the Russians are hacking, though I thought RedVee would have been a low priority.

Banned

No Belgian, purple Brian has gone back into isolation. Armed with spreadsheet and electronic devices he has emerged as Andy M. Red Vee is in the grip of Orwellian confusion and will be taken from us.

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

Swiss report:

With that in mind I’m off to the beach then... out of curiosity were do you get all your percentage figures from?

Learning All The Songs

Swiss report:

So what variety of potato are you?

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Nickles Forearm View Post
    With that in mind I’m off to the beach then... out of curiosity were do you get all your percentage figures from?
    98% of percentage figures are made up on the spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostik Bailey View Post
    98% of percentage figures are made up on the spot.

Swiss report:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk