Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: 6 again - Referee assistance

Got A Season Ticket

Default 6 again - Referee assistance

Leeds are getting some advice from Ben Failure on the new 6 again rule

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/agar-...in-rule-31561/

I assume Robert Hicks will be continuing his assistance/14th man role for Warrington

Got A Season Ticket

If we continue the wrestling tactics that we saw prior to the lockdown, I can see loads of "6 Against" going against us. It'll be so much easier for the ref to call 6 Again rather than award a penalty, which comes under scrutiny of the cameras.

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

Quote Originally Posted by Samphire15 View Post
    If we continue the wrestling tactics that we saw prior to the lockdown, I can see loads of "6 Against" going against us. It'll be so much easier for the ref to call 6 Again rather than award a penalty, which comes under scrutiny of the cameras.
    This seemed to happen in the NRL for the 1st few weeks then either refs got more lenient or the players didn't hold down as much but in the last few matches I've seen there didn't seem many repeat sets

Banned

I do like this rule but from a Saints perspective I’m a little worried.

If I remember correctly, we gave quite a few penalties away at the ruck before the break. If that continues, we could be back peddling a fair bit.

My mind could be playing tricks on me as it’s been a long few months. I’m sure someone on here will have the penalty stats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by undertheradar View Post
    I do like this rule but from a Saints perspective I’m a little worried.

If I remember correctly, we gave quite a few penalties away at the ruck before the break. If that continues, we could be back peddling a fair bit.

My mind could be playing tricks on me as it’s been a long few months. I’m sure someone on here will have the penalty stats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last season we were one of the best teams (top 3) for not giving penalties away, this season we we are around midway, over the last 10 years we have been pretty good. Usually we get pinged more more technical infringements than foul play, the games so far this season we have not had a settled team and perhaps we have given a few more penalties than normal. We are still very much a team with mobility in the pack once they gain match fitness I think they will adapt better than most other teams.

Banned

The problem will be the usual inconsistency of the referees.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Samphire15 View Post
    I'm hoping this rule change will bring different tactics from Woolf, otherwise we are doomed.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by johnno65 View Post
    The problem will be the usual inconsistency of the referees.
    Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I'm hoping this rule change will bring different tactics from Woolf, otherwise we are doomed.
    Both points worry me.

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    It's ok rather than bring in Ben Thaler, we are bringing in Joe Rogan and Conor Mcgregor.

These new rules will either make or break KW.

Either he will have developed a model in this period and really kick on or he will do a Royce.
    I can't see anything in between.

How Roby copes with the faster game and how A Smith steps up will also be key.

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Mander View Post
    It's ok rather than bring in Ben Thaler, we are bringing in Joe Rogan and Conor Mcgregor.

These new rules will either make or break KW.

Either he will have developed a model in this period and really kick on or he will do a Royce.
    I can't see anything in between.

How Roby copes with the faster game and how A Smith steps up will also be key.
    I think with Roby/Smith. They need to be constantly on at the ref for the repeat sets.

We both know fine well other teams will be doing the exact same.

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

I’m hopeful that they’ll suit us once the season gets going and players get match fit. I think the development of some of the younger forwards will be important, you’d think that the quicker game and extra space around the ruck will really suit the likes of Lees and Bentley, with Thompson gone we’re going to need those two to be productive and put some consistent performances in.

It’s tailor made for the outside backs really, if we can keep them fit Makinson, Naquima, Percival and Grace running at some of those knackered forwards on kick returns and the like with the speed and footwork that they’ve got could be brilliant to watch. Hopefully we’ll be able to get them some early ball as well and give them some 1 v 1’s. When Grace and Percival were injured earlier on in the season it really hurt us and showed how important they are to the team.

Again though looking at the NRL, there’s been a fair few injuries across the league so we’re probably going to need players outside of the ‘best 17’ to step up too.
    Last edited by Tez the Saint; 29th July 2020 at 22:43.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V