Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Wigan Athletic -administration-Twitter p

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    Wigan council own 15% of the stadium. Wigan RL have a 50 year agreement to use the stadium at a rate of 10% of their gate receipts. One of the problems Latics have had is that there has been no income at the stadium from anywhere, particularly from the rugby as they have not played there either.
    There is also a covenant on the ground to say it can only be used for football and rugby. However the new owners, whoever that may be could sell the training ground(s) and the soccerdome which are part of the stadium ownership.

I have a feeling that any investors will wait and see if Latics get relegated, when the asking price will be significantly lower. It has Dave Whelan buy low sell high written all over it.
    Can't see it being a going concern especially in the short term, income streams only 10% gate receipts on the Rugby and a smaller fan base when Latics are relegated to a lower division. The 25k stadium will just be too large and the way its going spectators turning up every week could be less than 10k, that's not attractive to buyers, who would want to buy a potential white elephant that will also be empty for months.

Personally as a Latics fan the last few days have been an absolute mind****.

Something doesn't add up somewhere, there is an awful lot of rumour and innuendo around on the internet and I won't go into the exact details but the whole thing stinks to high heaven. From Tuesday night feeling that we were practically safe this season to the feeling that I may not have a football club to support less than 24 hours is sickening to say the least.

I have been watching Latics for over 20 years, all of my adult life. For whatever reason we seem to have been done over royally by another corrupt owner sanctioned (4 weeks ago mind) by a governing body who doesn't give a shit. Doesn't give a shit about fans, players, club staff or the actual members ie the clubs it is supposed to represent. The fact that its Chairman Rick Parry feels it appropiate to discuss the gambling rumours with a lad in the street sums them up to a tee. I'd expect better from Ralph Rimmer and he can't run a bath.

I just hope we get through this season preferably 12 points clear of the relegation zone so we survive on the field. Off the field the situation just gets more and more batshit crazy by the day.

I feel sick. Sick and angry.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Personally as a Latics fan the last few days have been an absolute mind****.

Something doesn't add up somewhere, there is an awful lot of rumour and innuendo around on the internet and I won't go into the exact details but the whole thing stinks to high heaven. From Tuesday night feeling that we were practically safe this season to the feeling that I may not have a football club to support less than 24 hours is sickening to say the least.

I have been watching Latics for over 20 years, all of my adult life. For whatever reason we seem to have been done over royally by another corrupt owner sanctioned (4 weeks ago mind) by a governing body who doesn't give a shit. Doesn't give a shit about fans, players, club staff or the actual members ie the clubs it is supposed to represent. The fact that its Chairman Rick Parry feels it appropiate to discuss the gambling rumours with a lad in the street sums them up to a tee. I'd expect better from Ralph Rimmer and he can't run a bath.

I just hope we get through this season preferably 12 points clear of the relegation zone so we survive on the field. Off the field the situation just gets more and more batshit crazy by the day.

I feel sick. Sick and angry.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Its a horrible thing barry, i have a soft spot for the Latics, not a fan but went to watch a few games whilst they were in the Premier League. The whole situation is an utter shitstorm, a change of ownership less than 4 weeks before the club fails cannot be described as anything other than dodgy. All the good the side has done since the resumption has been wiped out by an ownership not fit for purpose.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsepho View Post
    Its a horrible thing barry, i have a soft spot for the Latics, not a fan but went to watch a few games whilst they were in the Premier League. The whole situation is an utter shitstorm, a change of ownership less than 4 weeks before the club fails cannot be described as anything other than dodgy. All the good the side has done since the resumption has been wiped out by an ownership not fit for purpose.
    I used to have a soft spot for them, but then they started to mess the Rugby side around, with their keep off our precious pitch, can’t play your cup tie we have a wedding on etc. This had the knock on effect of the ground not being used for internationals and semi-finals.

International matches there were excellent with it being close and Wigan being a decent town for a drink. The football club cut of what would have been a very good earner just spite the rugby club and try to prove that they are big boys.

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bostik Bailey View Post
    I used to have a soft spot for them, but then they started to mess the Rugby side around, with their keep off our precious pitch, can’t play your cup tie we have a wedding on etc. This had the knock on effect of the ground not being used for internationals and semi-finals.
    I thought the pitch issue was more to do with the football authorities rules?
    The wedding thing was annoying though!

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    I thought the pitch issue was more to do with the football authorities rules?
    The wedding thing was annoying though!
    The cup tie was played on the date it was supposed to be. The reason was that the BBC wanted (insisted) that the game be played on Saturday. Everyone who wanted a ticket got one. Saints were allocated enough seats in the East and West stands to satisfy the demand.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Back to Wigan Athletic. The whole situation is a mess and I feel genuinely sorry for their fans and employees. They've been crapped upon from a great height, how that takeover went through beggars belief.

I think Whelan may step in at some stage, but that in itself would be cause for concern as he is not a well man.

Banned

Back to Wigan Athletic. The whole situation is a mess and I feel genuinely sorry for their fans and employees. They've been crapped upon from a great height, how that takeover went through beggars belief.

I think Whelan may step in at some stage, but that in itself would be cause for concern as he is not a well man.
    I'm surprised you don't know, you know everything else.

The cup tie was played on the date it was supposed to be. The reason was that the BBC wanted (insisted) that the game be played on Saturday. Everyone who wanted a ticket got one. Saints were allocated enough seats in the East and West stands to satisfy the demand.
    As you know, the 'traditional' away end for us is the North Stand behind the sticks, which I believe creates more atmosphere than 'diluting' the away fans to odd ends of your own supporters stands. Some were even suggesting that this was a deliberate ploy!
    Whatever it was, it was annoying for us, and most have been a little embarrassing for you lot, having to close part of the ground because of a bloody wedding!

Fancy the main tv broadcaster of a sports competition requesting the game be played at a certain time. Crazy

As you know, the 'traditional' away end for us is the North Stand behind the sticks, which I believe creates more atmosphere than 'diluting' the away fans to odd ends of your own supporters stands. Some were even suggesting that this was a deliberate ploy!
    Whatever it was, it was annoying for us, and most have been a little embarrassing for you lot, having to close part of the ground because of a bloody wedding!
    Pretty much nailed it there to be honest

Starting A Programme Collection

Can't recall this.

What season did this occur and who won the game

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 58er View Post
    Can't recall this.

They won a fairly close and crap game, about 8 years ago I think.

Can't recall this.

It's funny, I know we lost, but the only thing I can definitely remember is the North Stand being closed, and some guy (at the wedding) standing outside as the crowd was leaving, and him getting lots of stick!

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    They won a fairly close and crap game, about 8 years ago I think.
    Think it might have been the Wigan 28 Saints 24 game, we were 16-0 down after 30 mins we made a comeback in the second half to within 2 points but the Goons scored again.

Banned

It's funny, I know we lost, but the only thing I can definitely remember is the North Stand being closed, and some guy (at the wedding) standing outside as the crowd was leaving, and him getting lots of stick!
    I remember my mate suggesting we should crash the wedding en masse.

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Think it might have been the Wigan 28 Saints 24 game, we were 16-0 down after 30 mins we made a comeback in the second half to within 2 points but the Goons scored again.
    Stiddy, the game you're on about was either 2011 or 2013. The 2011 game was when Farrell scored in the last minute when Hoffman pole axed Wheeler. The 2013 one was when we lost deservedly but Meli & Turner had a really good 2nd half down the left side.

The 'wedding game' was May 2012. Challenge Cup game and we lost 18-4.

Either way the theme around that time at the DW was one of losing lol

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Can't recall this.

Post deleted, just seen Ralphs reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Stiddy, the game you're on about was either 2011 or 2013. The 2011 game was when Farrell scored in the last minute when Hoffman pole axed Wheeler. The 2013 one was when we lost deservedly but Meli & Turner had a really good 2nd half down the left side.

The 'wedding game' was May 2012. Challenge Cup game and we lost 18-4.

Either way the theme around that time at the DW was one of losing lol
    The game I was thinking of was 2011 was wondering who scored for the goons in the last minutes, we had a spell around that time when we were always giving the Goons a head start and we was always chasing the game..........frustrating.

The game I was thinking of was 2011 was wondering who scored for the goons in the last minutes, we had a spell around that time when we were always giving the Goons a head start and we was always chasing the game..........frustrating.
    Yeah you're right. Was a frustrating time. We used to start terribly

I remember trying to watch that game on a internet stream at a hotel internet room in Mexico. Strange looks from folk checking their e mails or whatever with me shouting at the monitor when it kept buffering!!

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    I remember trying to watch that game on a internet stream at a hotel internet room in Mexico. Strange looks from folk checking their e mails or whatever with me shouting at the monitor when it kept buffering!!
    Interesting you mention that. Weren't in Cancun or Riviera Maya by any chance were you? Me & the gf would like to go in a couple of years but would like some tips off anyone's who been. If you were out there with work then don't worry

Happy for PM's as to not clog the thread and derail it

Banned

Think it was Liam Farrell from a forward pass too

Banned

Business Insider has a 'breaking news' about 'wi*an worriers-led bid for wi*an athletic'

They're a bit premature. As the article explains, Leneghan has teamed-up with a couple of accountant-type guys to try to bring in other investors with a view to eventually submitting a bid, and have 'made the administrators aware of our interest'

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Business Insider has a 'breaking news' about 'wi*an worriers-led bid for wi*an athletic'

They're a bit premature. As the article explains, Leneghan has teamed-up with a couple of accountant-type guys to try to bring in other investors with a view to eventually submitting a bid, and have 'made the administrators aware of our interest'
    Wigan Rugby League Club were saddened to hear the news that Wigan Athletic has been placed into administration. Having shared a stadium together for many years and with a large number of fans supporting both clubs, we have become friends with many of the management and staff and we know that this is a very worrying time for them all.
    Being born and bred in Wigan, Ian Lenagan and Gary Speakman understand what both clubs mean to the local community.

We strongly believe that Wigan Athletic is better being locally-owned. As sustainability and ownership of the stadium is equally important to both clubs, we are currently working with our longstanding advisers KPMG and talking to external parties. Our intention is to identify other investors quickly and start due diligence on the football club with the intention of making a bid in due course. We have made the Administrators aware of our interest and hope to explore this with them further over the days ahead.

Wigan Warriors and Wigan Athletic are both local sporting institutions and it is our belief that this is a unique opportunity here to bring the ownership of these two great clubs together under one roof, each operating independently as before, but under a Wigan Sporting Partnership banner.

It is envisaged that each club would retain all its training grounds, management and facilities.

David Molyneux, the Leader of Wigan Council, has confirmed that “Wigan Council would be very supportive of this initiative”.

This initiative is led by Ian Lenagan, Darryl Eales and Gary Speakman.