Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Survey

WARNING! WIDNES FAN!

Lockdown has made me and my partner and 2 kids realise we need to watch more games so we have decided to buy a season ticket next season for the family stand £650 for us all is brilliant value.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by palmorr View Post
    To me, the money has gone. Along with the flights to Perpignan and Toronto.
    It is not Saints fault, so I don't expect them to refund me.
    It is all about the future.
    Will I renew next year????????
    The question at the end of this year is will we be 100% sure that fans will be allowed in stadiums for next season if there is a forecasted second wave. Wondering how the club and fans cope with that scenario.

Banned

That is the Million Dollar question Stiddy. How would you cope? I dont worry about forecasts but if reality means the recent events at the Pier Head and Beaches cause a massive second wave then God help us all. I pray that any risk is now residual and manageable for both life, RL and business.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by Private Pyle View Post
    https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co....ns-2897415?amp

Similar stuff from Leeds, although they also have the option to spread their refund against the cost of a three-year season ticket. For donating they get a season ticket price freeze through to 2023 and a hospitality invite.
    I think all the club statements so far have been similar asking fans to help out where possible.
    Leeds could have a further problem if Leeds United get promoted in that they could lose maybe 500 - 1000 fans due to the cost of Premier League season tickets? That's around £200K and £400K per season.

Both Col81 and STIDDY make interesting points above.

I'm normally a glass half full type of person, but I do have concerns particularly over the 2021 season. I expect most fans will allow the clubs to keep this years season ticket money, however next year could be different.
    As STIDDY says will we still be playing in empty stadia?
    Going to games is a habit, now that has been broken will fans still be as keen?
    Once furlough payments stop there will be inevitable job losses, how big will they be? Will families be able to afford their season tickets.
    How will the corporate sector react? Companies have got used to using "Zoom" and the like for meetings. Will they continue to use that rather than hire meeting rooms as they too will be under pressure to reduce costs.

To all RL fans please support the game in whatever way you can, travel away when it's safe to do so, buy club merchandise, buy lottery tickets at the grounds you visit, every little helps.

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    ... I expect most fans will allow the clubs to keep this years season ticket money, however next year could be different...
    I'm not sure about that. The mood from most of the contributors on here would agree with you, but I do suspect that a significant number, perhaps a 'silent' majority, will be looking for a refund or a 'carry-over' of some sort.
    It worries me that clubs could ultimately miss out if they don't come up with something that keeps the bulk of the fans on board (and the cash flowing in!) for the longer term.

Got A Replica Shirt

Like a few on here I am a season ticket holder and not had an email.

Is anyone able to post a link to the survey? Or are the links personal to person getting the e-mail?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    The question at the end of this year is will we be 100% sure that fans will be allowed in stadiums for next season if there is a forecasted second wave. Wondering how the club and fans cope with that scenario.
    I think next year could be the one that counts many will give up the value of their ticket this year but won't risk a second year with the uncertainty of a second spike.

Banned

Go to keepmeupdated@saintsrlfc.com put in your membership number email and name

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    That is the Million Dollar question Stiddy. How would you cope? I dont worry about forecasts but if reality means the recent events at the Pier Head and Beaches cause a massive second wave then God help us all. I pray that any risk is now residual and manageable for both life, RL and business.
    I think McManus has got it covered for this season in the short term , but he must be very worried alongside other club owners about selling year 2021 season tickets when there is no guarantee that fans will not be allowed back into the stadiums. If fans realise the odds are 50:50 would people buy a season ticket, I'm usually an optimistic person but this virus is not going away and could return.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    Look at america. They opened their bars and restaurants 2 weeks ago and are now closing them due to a second spike. Im not saying it will definitely happen here but its a good indication. Especially given that it seems every single person on facebook is going to the pub on the 4th of July.

We need a vaccine. 2 trials are now entering the 3rd and final stage, with the oxford uni one already being in mass production. Surely they wouldnt waste all that money of producing it if they werent sure it would work?

Also, during the 1960s hong kong flu pandemic, they made a vaccine in 4 months which is heartening.

Trying be a "glass half full" guy

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

I dont own a season ticket. So I got to games as and when I can. Became a Dad last week. So i'll defo be heading to the store for some saints gear for my little lad.

Recently saw the Sadio Mane advert that was done at the Stadium. Great use of the stadium. (Hope that someone was talking to New Balance about possible kit sponsorship at some point)

Cant help but think the Little Mix concert was a huge financial loss as well.

Just thinking round to the Mane advert. Is there a lack fo RL players able to do this because of restrictions on wages. Would Image rights payment be outside the Salary Cap rules/Restrictions?

Banned

I think the clubs do image rights but it is pretty low key. Gillette did some with Scully but even that seemed regional. Maybe sponsors could use the players more and help with salaries if and when things normalise.

Got A Replica Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by mufcsaint View Post
    Go to keepmeupdated@saintsrlfc.com put in your membership number email and name
    I'll email them at the address you provided. Thank you!

Learning All The Songs

I for one Would give up my season ticket but would like something minimal back for it?? Signed Shirt, Hospitality, Money off in Superstore etc A Grand Final Win, beating Wigan 76-0 all would suffice.

In The South Stand

I hope this isn't a silly question but when you give up your ticket , which I have if the season ever gets going again will we need to buy a ticket to watch the game .

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Ged View Post
    I hope this isn't a silly question but when you give up your ticket , which I have if the season ever gets going again will we need to buy a ticket to watch the game .
    Nope, they're basically saying any missed matches you won't ask for your money back.

But if we get a handful of matches, your ticket will be valid.

The furlough scheme will end at the end of October, one can presume we'll be pretty much back to normal by that point or businesses will go to the wall in their thousands

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Ged View Post
    Ged,
    This is just a survey to judge people's feelings. As far as I know, no one has 'given up' anything yet, or committed to doing so.

In The South Stand

Thanks .