Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Saints TV

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I didn't say they wasn't but I wouldn't sign up to that for all the tea in China.
    It's free for god's sake. Some were commenting on the lack of past matches on SaintsTV and I was trying to help them out. To be honest I need my rugby fix that bad I'd watch Pilks vs Eccles. Got Toronto vs Fev in the million pound game on on Sky at the moment.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by doc View Post
    It's free for god's sake. Some were commenting on the lack of past matches on SaintsTV and I was trying to help them out. To be honest I need my rugby fix that bad I'd watch Pilks vs Eccles. Got Toronto vs Fev in the million pound game on on Sky at the moment.
    Aye fair enough. It's not for me.

Starting A Programme Collection

I have just dusted down my old saints videos I have a load from the 80s and 90s they make fantastic viewing,but you still miss the live games, being confined to barracks is tough but only 10 weeks to go hopefully as long as people behave themselves.C.O.Y.S.

Got boxes full of old VHS recordings of games in the loft. If this goes on for any length of time might have to fish a few out.

Be good to watch the old tour games v Australia, NZ, Auckland, etc. Got Mal Meninga's debut, Lancashire Cup and Premiership finals from that season as well.
    Scumdown and RL Action anyone remember those ? Think it was ITV with Elton Welsby. Recall we taytered Hull FC on one of those with Neil Holding running them ragged?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    Got boxes full of old VHS recordings of games in the loft. If this goes on for any length of time might have to fish a few out.

Be good to watch the old tour games v Australia, NZ, Auckland, etc. Got Mal Meninga's debut, Lancashire Cup and Premiership finals from that season as well.
    Scumdown and RL Action anyone remember those ? Think it was ITV with Elton Welsby. Recall we taytered Hull FC on one of those with Neil Holding running them ragged?
    It was indeed Elton Welsby if you mean the 84/5 season there are highlights on you tube

Quote Originally Posted by mufcsaint View Post
    It was indeed Elton Welsby if you mean the 84/5 season there are highlights on you tube
    Yeah just remembered Keith Macklin did commentary on on one of those shows too.

Learning All The Songs

Has anyone a copy of the CC game we drew with Wigan 1995 I think, the replay was midweek and they did us easily whenever that was.
    A hard draw to take as we were on the cusp of something good but we lacked one or two class players to be consistent.
    We only had to wait another year but it was agony, there is a couple of moments in that game that I recall we should have put them to bed.
    Meant to tape it but set it wrong and watched a few bits of the second half from a house I was working in.
    I would like to see if it was as I remember.
    Did Gary Connolly get to Sully when in the clear ?

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Tallaght Tiger View Post
    Has anyone a copy of the CC game we drew with Wigan 1995 I think, the replay was midweek and they did us easily whenever that was.
    A hard draw to take as we were on the cusp of something good but we lacked one or two class players to be consistent.
    We only had to wait another year but it was agony, there is a couple of moments in that game that I recall we should have put them to bed.
    Meant to tape it but set it wrong and watched a few bits of the second half from a house I was working in.
    Oh yeh they did us in the reply but only after, a full 13 on 13 fight at the first scrum started by Phil Clark who then hid behind Skerret et al

Phil Clark was a snidely piece of work at the best of times

Default Saints TV

Quote Originally Posted by Tallaght Tiger View Post
    Did Gary Connolly get to Sully when in the clear ?
    That was a great game, and a heartbreaker. Goulding hit the post with a drop goal attempt that would have won it, IIRC.

I may be wrong but I think Sully got caught by Connolly in a different game - possibly the away league fixture that year? I remember it being a quagmire whatever game it was.

It was in the cup game that Prescott put Connolly in touch when he looked likely to score in the closing stages. I think it was also the game in which KC really announced himself as a top prospect.

Banned

Just watched Huddersfield V Saints in the RL Cup the famous 16-17 game. WOW I was there but full of ale so you see what you think you see. Watching it through fresh eyes what a game. Ferres the grub maybe won it for us. Brough DG mmm It looked over, I f Hudds had fans behind that goal it may have swayed the ref.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Really enjoying all the classic games that the Saints are putting up, must give a special mention to Wilkin what a great servant he has been to our club over his last decade gives 100% in most of his games. In all the Classic games especially against the Goons he has been one of our stand out players.
    Last edited by STIDDY; 25th April 2020 at 20:57.

Banned

Top player JW just not easy following Scully, especially when the team is in transition, and then KEZ with Owens Haworth Dawson Lee I don't know why he stuck around.

Banned

The only problem with the classic matches put out by clubs is you know who is going to win. Obviously they're classic matches and the result has already long been decided, but if they're matches from the middle of a season, like some of the ones the Superleague has been putting on YouTube, there's a certain sense of not knowing because unless they involve Saints, I, myself, will certainly have forgotten who won.

That said, the matches the Superleague has been showing lately have been ropey enough so I might switch over to the ones on Saints TV if they don't improve them.

Banned

I have just had the pleasure of watching Saints V Leeds from 2014. I forgot how fantastic it was, we had reserves a plenty with a lot of youngsters against a full strength Leeds. To be fair to Lance he was awesome in that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    I have just had the pleasure of watching Saints V Leeds from 2014. I forgot how fantastic it was, we had reserves a plenty with a lot of youngsters against a full strength Leeds. To be fair to Lance he was awesome in that game.
    Backs to the wall stuff. Loved every minute of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    He was good in a lot of games for us. Just that a huge proportion of supporters decided they didn't rate him. Not the superstar that people wanted but he really wasn't the disaster a lot of Saints fans make out

Banned

You are right Ralph, on reflection that season we won two trophies and Lance played his part. The game I watched Wello played half back and was pretty awesome, he really took it to Leeds. Strange at the game you do see a different game, mind you eight pints doesn't really help I suppose.

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

I don’t think anyone could criticise Hohaia really, he did his best. He was just the wrong signing for the time, we needed a scrum half and he wasn’t quite the type of player we needed but that wasn’t his fault.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

In The South Stand

Not a game but I watched on U tube an interview with Vinty Karalius and even though I watched most of his games when he was playing it was good to see what a very nice man he was , I don't suppose he was nice all the time he played but with all the people that he knew and played with he hadn't a bad word to say about anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by st. etrigan View Post
    Saints V Hull KR - just started to watch it from 1990

Ron Hoofe gives an explanation of the mascot for the day
    Its a lad called Philip Breeze (maybe a different spelling)
    As he was 9 at the time he would now be about 39, wonder if he firstly is okay and if he knows this is now on the site
    I know Phil, as do lots of people on here, I reckon. He used to be a regular poster on here but (I just had to check to confirm) he's not posted since 2016.

Just signed up with Saints tv . first game watched Saints v. Wigin 2006 . Crackin' game 48-10 Saints . Jammer m.o m. Roby & Wilkin also played . These must be great for past & present players to watch .

Can anyone plz. tell me if Saints tv are taping the live games & then showing after the live game ends . Emailed Saints tv no reply yet tho'. Afraid I am going to be disappointed .

Quote Originally Posted by fonsboy View Post
    Can anyone plz. tell me if Saints tv are taping the live games & then showing after the live game ends . Emailed Saints tv no reply yet tho'. Afraid I am going to be disappointed .
    Yes the idea of the service is that they show delayed first team games. It was taking then 2 to 3 days to get them up before lock down.

They were also showing A team and Academy games delayed as well.

It takes some time to build up the catalog of classic games so the longer it is going the bigger the selection will be.

They answer this question at the top of the FAQ

https://tv.saintsrlfc.com/faqs/
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Cleal View Post
    Yes the idea of the service is that they show delayed first team games. It was taking then 2 to 3 days to get them up before lock down.

They were also showing A team and Academy games delayed as well.

It takes some time to build up the catalog of classic games so the longer it is going the bigger the selection will be.

They answer this question at the top of the FAQ

https://tv.saintsrlfc.com/faqs/
    Thanks for that Noel , mon ami .