Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Players you irrationally dislike

I love how this thread is a mix of people giving some really good answers and some people completely missing the point of the thread by naming horrible players with completely rational reasons for hating them

Here's a controversial one - I don't hate him or anything but I actually don't like Chris Joynt, I've always thought that he's a bit of a berk and he gets right on my nerves. I still find him annoying now, rated him as a player but for some reason I've always disliked him. And there's no real reason for it

Quote Originally Posted by retro74 View Post
    I love how this thread is a mix of people giving some really good answers and some people completely missing the point of the thread by naming horrible players with completely rational reasons for hating them

Here's a controversial one - I don't hate him or anything but I actually don't like Chris Joynt, I've always thought that he's a bit of a berk and he gets right on my nerves. I still find him annoying now, rated him as a player but for some reason I've always disliked him. And there's no real reason for it
    That's an interesting one retro.

By some accounts, Brad Fittler isn't the warmest of people. Never met him myself mind.

Going that Thurston gig at Saints end of Feb. Believe he's a decent chap

Banned

Wow. Honestly he is a gentleman. Not one edge on him. I had not met him on the circle so to speak and just approached him in Wigan and he was brilliant. One of his cronies came across and Joynty sent him away. Sadly between Joynty and the club it has ended badly I feel, however top man.

Banned

Kyle Anor for me got a very high opinion of himself

Banned

Banned

Kyle Amor for me loves himself far to much

Learning All The Songs SaintJon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    Wow. Honestly he is a gentleman. Not one edge on him. I had not met him on the circle so to speak and just approached him in Wigan and he was brilliant. One of his cronies came across and Joynty sent him away. Sadly between Joynty and the club it has ended badly I feel, however top man.
    Same here, met him a few times and each time I've spoken to him for a good 30 mins (sometimes longer) about his time at Saints and rugby in general, an absolute gent.

Quote Originally Posted by mufcsaint View Post
    Spoke to him in Costa a week before the grand final.

Really nice bloke. He's just very outgoing I think. Very confident socially

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Brett Finch used to p*** me off constantly whining at the ref.

Always hated Terry Newton for obvious reasons. Super sh**house!
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Learning All The Songs

Still can't stand Kevin Sinfield, the smug ******. Held up as some sort of uber player for making a career out of negative tactics and ******* a ball 70m downfield when his forwards couldn't make yards, taking 15 minutes to take conversions, whining incessantly etc. Then walks straight into jobs he's totally unqualified for when he finishes playing

Banned

All your points regarding Sinfield are valid. What I would say, is that he is Leeds most successful skipper ever which carries some respect. A big game leader but not a great player, more Wilkin than Sculthorpe.

Banned

He's an absolute Gent.

Banned

Sonny Bill Williams

Anyone who takes that fairy story bullsh*t (whichever brand) so seriously is an utter cock.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Sonny Bill Williams

Anyone who takes that fairy story bullsh*t (whichever brand) so seriously is an utter cock.
    He was referred to as the Ayatollah last night.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Spoke to him in Costa a week before the grand final.

Really nice bloke. He's just very outgoing I think. Very confident socially
    Spoke to him a few times like I say loves himself could understand it if he was any good

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    All your points regarding Sinfield are valid. What I would say, is that he is Leeds most successful skipper ever which carries some respect. A big game leader but not a great player, more Wilkin than Sculthorpe.
    While I have the utmost respect for anyone willing (maybe even dumb enough?) to put their bodies on the line for our entertainment, he's still an end of a bell regardless of trophies won. The likes of Peacock, Burrow etc managed to make it through that period of success without being a **** and IMO a far bigger impact on their results. McGuire probably another in the smug Sinfield mould.

Interesting you mention Wilkin though, I imagine he'd come pretty high up the list for fans of other clubs.

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

Quote Originally Posted by Private Pyle View Post
    While I have the utmost respect for anyone willing (maybe even dumb enough?) to put their bodies on the line for our entertainment, he's still an end of a bell regardless of trophies won. The likes of Peacock, Burrow etc managed to make it through that period of success without being a **** and IMO a far bigger impact on their results. McGuire probably another in the smug Sinfield mould.

Interesting you mention Wilkin though, I imagine he'd come pretty high up the list for fans of other clubs.
    I struggle to think of any player I haveirrationally disliked, I can always find a reason. Gobby though Wilkin was it always struck me that a section of Saints fans disliked him more than opposition fans.

In The South Stand

I can say that we met Kyle when my son graduated from Edge Hill University. Kyle's wife was doing likewise. My son spoke with Kyle for a good while and he was a really nice bloke. I can only speak from experience, which has been positive. He's a good guy.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie McWolf View Post
    I struggle to think of any player I haveirrationally disliked, I can always find a reason. Gobby though Wilkin was it always struck me that a section of Saints fans disliked him more than opposition fans.
    You're probably not wrong there, and he got some unfair stick at times while playing out of position. I've been in his company a few times and he's a nice bloke to be fair. He does come across as a bit of a kiss arse and a busy body but I think that's because he's quite an intelligent bloke and speaks well. It didn't help him Cunningham always praising him when he was clearly not performing.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by SaintJon View Post
    Same here, met him a few times and each time I've spoken to him for a good 30 mins (sometimes longer) about his time at Saints and rugby in general, an absolute gent.
    Like yourself I have met Chris Joynt on a number of occasions. He is a lovely guy, really down to earth and very humble and modest and brilliant to chat to.

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by parrsaint View Post
    Like yourself I have met Chris Joynt on a number of occasions. He is a lovely guy, really down to earth and very humble and modest and brilliant to chat to.

Noooobie

Same here gobsmacked to see him load my van up with bags of cement in ash Vegas not that long after his playing days,we talked for ages lovely man

Noooobie

I have spoken with Kyle Amor a number of times, not once I have thought this is a guy who loves himself. He always has the time to talk. If anything I think Kyle would say he isn’t the most gifted player who has got to win 2 Grand Finals with Saints through a lot of hard work. Last season Kyle got better as the season went on, as they say you have to experience the lows to enjoy the highs.