Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by suttoner View Post
    why such a negative question?

Jon wilkin was a loyal servant to the club for many years and regardless of what a few individuals on here think, was valued by successive coaches. Matty smith probably wanted nothing more than to play for his home town club but didn’t fit in to holbrook’s plan. His success with wigan proves he can’t just be written off.

For what it’s worth, i wouldn’t mind having a young jon wilkin in the team.
    x2

Quote Originally Posted by pramtown View Post
    Wilkin might have been loyal to Saints, but he did well out of the club. As soon as all the decent players started leaving he stood out for what he always has been, a very average player. I’ll never forget the cringeworthy interview he did after the 2014 GF, and instead of praising the players he made the interview all about himself. With the “it was a Wilkin, Wellens, Roby production”. No it wasn’t Jon you wasn’t involved.
    Never expected you to post something negative about Wilkin. I thought you had already used up your allocation.

WARNING! WIDNES FAN!

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Seriously you are about as welcome on here as a bout of tonsilitis

I'm more welcome than most. I have suffered years of bottled seasons and i deserve to have my say.

Quote Originally Posted by Superblue View Post
    I think it disappointing that you feel it necessary to re-open all the old wounds of the St Helens fans on here , who had finally gotten over their tragic Challenge Cup Final defeat to the admirable Wolves.
    Such a shame.
    Just as the services had cleared the face down floater from th’otties, along you come enticing the forum posters to start filling it up again.
    The details of my life are quite inconsequential... very well, where do I begin?

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet.

My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark.

Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds- pretty standard really.

At the age of twelve I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum... it's breathtaking- I highly suggest you try it.
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    The details of my life are quite inconsequential... very well, where do I begin?

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet.

My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark.

Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds- pretty standard really.

At the age of twelve I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum... it's breathtaking- I highly suggest you try it.
    Don't believe your father came from Belgium.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rjm25r View Post
    the details of my life are quite inconsequential... Very well, where do i begin?

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old french prostitute named chloe with webbed feet.

Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical. Summers in rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When i was insolent i was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds- pretty standard really.

At the age of twelve i received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen a zoroastrian named vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum... It's breathtaking- i highly suggest you try it.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

1. The forums turned into a shyte sandwich. Its been going downhill for a while. Internet gobshytes are everywhere these days. Its even worse now that the Bewsey brick chuckers have signed up!

2. Im over the cup final. As a Saints fan im familiar with losing when it matters. I feel more empty than upset or angry. Did we bottle it? Maybe. I don’t think Holbrook did us any favours throwing players into the game who hadn’t played for weeks. He should have played them in 15 minute spells the week before even if it meant forfeiting that league game. Having said that. Some of our players who had recently played did very little.

3. Going forwards we will field our strongest 17 obviously. Coote, Walmsley will get better with game time. Hopefully the lads will play well wanting to impress the new coach, who is likely watching footage of our remaining games.
    We need to put the final behind us and kick on. I hope they do. I still have concerns over some of our players. Im not naming them individually because im trying to stay positive but we have a number of players who always seem to look like world beaters in the weekly rounds but have rarely done much of anything in the games that actually matter. When it gets tough some of our players lack that confidence and match winner mentality. Players who are brilliant in the weekly rounds seem to come up with uncharacteristic errors in big games, whether it be a missed tackle or a dropped ball.
    If we get to the final and are in a tight spot who could you rely on to grab the game by the neck and pull us out of trouble???

4. Holbrook. This is a tough one. As some of our regular posters know, ive never really drank the Holbrook kool aid. He improved us after Cunningham but we were atrocious under Cunningham towards the end. They had enough of Cunningham, he lost the dressing room and it showed in early 2017. Holbrook took the pressure off and is a sound bloke. He rewards hard work and gives youngsters a fair go. Good on him. But his time at the club has been littered with some big no no’s IMO. Late 2017 he was undecided on his best scrum half. Richardson was actually playing well and Holbrook dropped him at Cas. Its not Matty Smiths fault we lost at Cas, but Richardson deserved to be there at the time and Smith did nothing in the game. In 2018 it was obvious that Ben Barbas indecision compromised the spirit of the team (i heard this from the mouth of a current player) yet Holbrook continued to pick him. And now in 2019 he failed to get us ready for the cup final. I don’t by any means consider Holbrook a bad coach, just nothing special by any means. We have improved inder him to an extent. But in the games that have mattered we haven’t actually looked much different from the team that played under Cunningham towards the end of his reign. Struggling to string passes together, dropping ball, basically headless chickens.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    1. The forums turned into a shyte sandwich. Its been going downhill for a while. Internet gobshytes are everywhere these days. Its even worse now that the Bewsey brick chuckers have signed up!

2. Im over the cup final. As a Saints fan im familiar with losing when it matters. I feel more empty than upset or angry. Did we bottle it? Maybe. I don’t think Holbrook did us any favours throwing players into the game who hadn’t played for weeks. He should have played them in 15 minute spells the week before even if it meant forfeiting that league game. Having said that. Some of our players who had recently played did very little.

3. Going forwards we will field our strongest 17 obviously. Coote, Walmsley will get better with game time. Hopefully the lads will play well wanting to impress the new coach, who is likely watching footage of our remaining games.
    We need to put the final behind us and kick on. I hope they do. I still have concerns over some of our players. Im not naming them individually because im trying to stay positive but we have a number of players who always seem to look like world beaters in the weekly rounds but have rarely done much of anything in the games that actually matter. When it gets tough some of our players lack that confidence and match winner mentality. Players who are brilliant in the weekly rounds seem to come up with uncharacteristic errors in big games, whether it be a missed tackle or a dropped ball.
    If we get to the final and are in a tight spot who could you rely on to grab the game by the neck and pull us out of trouble???

4. Holbrook. This is a tough one. As some of our regular posters know, ive never really drank the Holbrook kool aid. He improved us after Cunningham but we were atrocious under Cunningham towards the end. They had enough of Cunningham, he lost the dressing room and it showed in early 2017. Holbrook took the pressure off and is a sound bloke. He rewards hard work and gives youngsters a fair go. Good on him. But his time at the club has been littered with some big no no’s IMO. Late 2017 he was undecided on his best scrum half. Richardson was actually playing well and Holbrook dropped him at Cas. Its not Matty Smiths fault we lost at Cas, but Richardson deserved to be there at the time and Smith did nothing in the game. In 2018 it was obvious that Ben Barbas indecision compromised the spirit of the team (i heard this from the mouth of a current player) yet Holbrook continued to pick him. And now in 2019 he failed to get us ready for the cup final. I don’t by any means consider Holbrook a bad coach, just nothing special by any means. We have improved inder him to an extent. But in the games that have mattered we haven’t actually looked much different from the team that played under Cunningham towards the end of his reign. Struggling to string passes together, dropping ball, basically headless chickens.
    Really good post

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Really good post
    Seconded

Quote Originally Posted by newport dave View Post
    Don't mention the trolls and admin, as I've already been threatened with a ban over their non action towards them...

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk
    No you haven’t.

Quote Originally Posted by col81 View Post
    I'm more welcome than most. I have suffered years of bottled seasons and i deserve to have my say.
    Yeah, must be tough being a Widnes fan.

Starting A Programme Collection newport dave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedVee Admin View Post
    No you haven’t.
    This would suggest otherwise.

Still in Newport....still no nearer home.........

Got A Season Ticket

And regards the shorn scrotum, yes been there got the tee shirt, just before the scalpel plunged in to remove the offending article. Is yours in a jam jar on the mantelpiece?
    So now we know- they threw away the wrong piece!

I thought I recognised that level of drivel, it’s on a par with “Little Tommies” programme rant.
    Are you his ghostwriter

And regards the shorn scrotum, yes been there got the tee shirt, just before the scalpel plunged in to remove the offending article. Is yours in a jam jar on the mantelpiece?

Now as we are on the subject of “thoughts”, I have to say I think that the redvee guys are playing blinders in recognising how the Wires posters contributions have elevated the board content to new levels, and have accordingly commenced to adorn the board backdrop with ever increasing levels of Primrose and Blue.

What is there not to like
    You've certainly got into my head. So much so that the posters on your forum think I'm ill.

How would you feel about a truce to end our quarrel? (I can't speak for other posters who probably have more fight than me).

As for me I'm done & will try my best to talk rugby with you, Wolfie & RD going forward. Let the scores be settled on the pitch. What say you?

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

Now as we are on the subject of “thoughts”, I have to say I think that the redvee guys are playing blinders in recognising how the Wires posters contributions have elevated the board content to new levels, and have accordingly commenced to adorn the board backdrop with ever increasing levels of Primrose and Blue.

I for one think it’s nice to have a few opposition supporters join this forum. It’s good to see we are well respected enough to even attract such a following. I would imagine this cannot be said for other clubs who are less successful than our great club. Roll out the red carpet I say, it will be all the more sweet when we taste success, I hope you stick with us.

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nickles Forearm View Post
    I for one think it’s nice to have a few opposition supporters join this forum. It’s good to see we are well respected enough to even attract such a following. I would imagine this cannot be said for other clubs who are less successful than our great club. Roll out the red carpet I say, it will be all the more sweet when we taste success, I hope you stick with us.
    It's ok to have opposition supporters on here who want to add constructive comment to a debate, not the plonkers we have in here who add absolutely nothing but feckwittery just to try and wind people up, derail threads etc.
    Should be a three strikes and out rule........
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

Banned

I do find it strange that the opposition fans except the brilliant guy from Leigh do not seem very bright. I would welcome good debate about clubs and facilities, best pubs etc but these guys just lack any kind of gravitas.

Quote Originally Posted by simple jack View Post

When you post

Quote Originally Posted by newport dave View Post
    This would suggest otherwise.

Yeah that’s not a threat.

You wanted the Wolfs fans gone because they bug you. Bugging people does not generate a ban.

Quote Originally Posted by Mancunian Saint View Post
    The only way to rid our forum of outsiders is to completely ignore them when the post their crap, I've been guilty of taking the bait from time to time but NO MORE, i would suggest peoole on here do the same,, it will work in the end
    We’ve been here before with all the Pie Eaters. When they eventually fell upon their swords, everyone complained about how boring it was without them.

I agree that not feeding the trolls will cause them to hunt elsewhere.

I also suggest that everyone learns how to use the ignore function.

http://forums.redvee.net/profile.php?do=ignorelist

Quote Originally Posted by Mancunian Saint View Post
    The only way to rid our forum of outsiders is to completely ignore them when the post their crap, I've been guilty of taking the bait from time to time but NO MORE, i would suggest peoole on here do the same,, it will work in the end
    Where’s the fun in that?!

Banned

I can't say I'm too bothered about them, including RG. I can understand why people are though, especially these 3 whoppers. I pity them, ok, they've had a laugh at our expense but their patter is shocking.

I like to encourage the visitors from other clubs, some of them genuinely bring new perspectives

As for the ones on a wind up, I have to admit I love them the most. They are usually just too stupid and end up tying themselves in knots

“Hoist by his own petard” and all that

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I can't say I'm too bothered about them, including RG. I can understand why people are though, especially these 3 whoppers. I pity them, ok, they've had a laugh at our expense but their patter is shocking.
    Sums it up for me. I actually pity the poor souls in question.