Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toronto

Banned

No for your small time club beating the Saints is massive and we get that. Dodgy ref and CEO you have who is an ex ref it kind of correlates. This could even be the year you break the sixty four year duck yes sixty four years and win the Championship and join your more illustrious neighbours Widnes Wigan and St Helens who have won heaven knows how many between them in sixty four years but smaller emerging clubs only want to talk about last month I know. Enjoy it.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    New Orleans. Now that's one place I am desperate to visit. And Austin
    Austin, yes good idea. Waylon, Willie and the boys.
    I worked in Corpus Christi many years ago, what a "fun" place. Pick up trucks, stetsons and rifles!! Rayban safety glasses.
    Great music, Garth Brookes was really big down there at the time, some of the guitar pickers in the local bars were unreal.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    The only problem is the amount of yanks, they’re really hard work. Canadians are much nicer to be around.
    Actually I find that Americans in their own country (away from the tourist spots) are genuinely very welcoming and friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by Superblue View Post
    But not for the match referee
    Freedom of Wembley
    How do you know? You didn't go

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bostik Bailey View Post
    Actually I find that Americans in their own country (away from the tourist spots) are genuinely very welcoming and friendly.
    I only have experience of the clowns I've worked with although 1 or 2 have been alright. Generally they have too much to say, say it too loud because they don't know what they're talking about and can't drink. They also have no manners.

Got A Season Ticket

I only have experience of the clowns I've worked with although 1 or 2 have been alright. Generally they have too much to say, say it too loud because they don't know what they're talking about and can't drink. They also have no manners.
    Are you American?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SAINTS2411 View Post
    Are you American?
    No, I’m good at my job and I know what I’m talking about. People just don’t like the truth.

Banned

My word Dave that sounds like a scotch bloke in our circle, I bet he is really an American he could have been sired by Donald Trump come to think of it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    My word Dave that sounds like a scotch bloke in our circle, I bet he is really an American he could have been sired by Donald Trump come to think of it.
    I spend quite a bit of time in Aberdeen and you wouldn’t credit the amount of fat yanks wandering around with ugly, paid for Thai wives. I’ve been to Trumps golf course though and the club house is like something from a film.

Noooobie

I'm in Toronto right now and looked out for the Lamport Stadium. Got to say it is never super league standard. Two sides only have uncovered terraces. This doesn't rely come over on TV coverage. The ground is a multipurpose community facility with a homeless drop in shelter next to it. Very soulless.
    But what has really struck me in Toronto is the complete absence of any publicity of a RL team. No advertising at the ground other than tiny shop opposite. No update on next home game etc.
    In Toronto, the Blue Jay's baseball team dominate with other sports well advertised - ice hockey, basketball, American football and soccer. Nothing around for RL which is disappointing including local sports news.
    I really hope the game grows there but from what I have seen I struggle to see how it will.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Guardianreader View Post
    I'm in Toronto right now and looked out for the Lamport Stadium. Got to say it is never super league standard. Two sides only have uncovered terraces. This doesn't rely come over on TV coverage. The ground is a multipurpose community facility with a homeless drop in shelter next to it. Very soulless.
    But what has really struck me in Toronto is the complete absence of any publicity of a RL team. No advertising at the ground other than tiny shop opposite. No update on next home game etc.
    In Toronto, the Blue Jay's baseball team dominate with other sports well advertised - ice hockey, basketball, American football and soccer. Nothing around for RL which is disappointing including local sports news.
    I really hope the game grows there but from what I have seen I struggle to see how it will.
    I know to some I will come across as an old reactionary but I'm not convinced by the benefits of expanding the game in this way. If there was a league in Canada with eventually a top team competing in CC that might be ok but having isolated teams far and wide competing in the Super League makes me fear the long term aim is for a 8-10 league made up of international franchises ( Barcelona, New York, London, Manchester, etc) And places with no international name recognition like St Helens, Wigan etc would not fit this mould. There are enough people in those major cities to enable the franchises to work as a hipsters alternative but they would be a marginal X games type featuring on ESPN 4/5.

Learning All The Songs

No, I’m good at my job and I know what I’m talking about. People just don’t like the truth.
    Maybe they can’t handle the truth ��

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Superblue View Post
    You are Robert Hicks, and I claim my £5
    Your breath frightens animals.

Learning All The Songs

I’ve been to Trumps golf course though and the club house is like something from a film.
    Caddyshack?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon Sexton View Post
    Caddyshack?
    you'd think that but no, it's very tasteful, he obviously wasn't consulted on the interior decoration.