Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Wigan vs Roosters

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tilly2006 View Post
    I also think Joe Greenwood is looking more like a flat track bully. Just like against NZ last year he is annonimous when the opposition are aggressive.

His biggest problem is that when he was on our books he was never really aggressive enough, Luke Walsh had him running those lines at the opposition, Joe didn't really use his size to bash the opposition. I thought a season in the NRL would have toughened him up but I think he failed on that front.
    Our Ashworth is a much better proposition big and fast and doesn't like being messed about, he's also got more tools in the skill set than flat track Joe.
    Last edited by STIDDY; 18th February 2019 at 20:48.

Learning All The Songs

I also think Joe Greenwood is looking more like a flat track bully. Just like against NZ last year he is annonimous when the opposition are aggressive.
    Greenwood and O’Loughlin were probably Wigan’s best two players, maybe Marshall as well but his constant diving at the ptb is unbearable. Everyone else looked a few levels below.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    His biggest problem is that when he was on our books he was never really aggressive enough, Luke Walsh had him running those lines at the opposition, Joe didn't really use his size to bash the opposition. I thought a season in the NRL would have toughened him up but I think he failed on that front.
    Our Ashworth is a much better proposition big and fast and doesn't like being messed about, he's also got more toosl in the skill set than flat track Joe.
    He definitely isn’t. I think a lot of people forget that Ashworth is 23 and will be 24 in July, he isn’t a youngster anymore. Yet he’s still not established himself as a first team regular and finds himself playing in the championship on dual reg. Greenwood is two years older but miles ahead of Ashworth and is probably one of the best in the league in his position. Ashworth could still be a good player for us but to say he’s a better proposition than Greenwood, who’d walk into our team, is a bit ridiculous.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by french and conlon View Post
    This tread is just a joke on a Saints fans forum!
    And how wierd are wigun fans who live on here!
    Quote Originally Posted by french and conlon View Post
    yur at hom.
    thur jet lagd
    wever is luvly.
    they avnt ad a run out yet.
    And the difference between your Wigan accent post and St.Helens post is the Wigan one much more makes sense.
    Last edited by Tallaght Tiger; 18th February 2019 at 21:13.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SaintH517 View Post
    He definitely isn’t. I think a lot of people forget that Ashworth is 23 and will be 24 in July, he isn’t a youngster anymore. Yet he’s still not established himself as a first team regular and finds himself playing in the championship on dual reg. Greenwood is two years older but miles ahead of Ashworth and is probably one of the best in the league in his position. Ashworth could still be a good player for us but to say he’s a better proposition than Greenwood, who’d walk into our team, is a bit ridiculous.
    Ashworth spent 1 to 2 seasons with a lot of injuries, once he gets 2 regular seasons he will be better than Greenwood in my opinion, I reckon Holbrook is seeing that potential in him also and will step him up when Taia and Peyroux finish their contracts.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by L.S.F View Post
    He ran in harder than all his props. Again, another idiot that doesn't understand the game. You clowns on here are getting right on my tits.
    Watched him in three games this season, Bullock has out-performed him in all of them.

Learning All The Songs

Watched him in three games this season, Bullock has out-performed him in all of them.
    He is playing very well that man, like Walmsley a fully professional contract has worked for him so far.
    Just shows the need for different levels as players develop at later stages some only when in their mid twenties, all the more reason for reserve teams.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tallaght Tiger View Post
    He is playing very well that man, like Walmsley a fully professional contract has worked for him so far.
    Just shows the need for different levels as players develop at later stages some only when in their mid twenties, all the more reason for reserve teams.
    He does look to have the makings of a very good forward

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    He also makes the majority of short side or general ball handling plays pointless because his ball playing is poor. Taia gave, and gives, Percival and Grace better ball than they’d have had under Greenwood last year. He threw a pass to Percival in the first half of the Wigan game to create an overlap that Greenwood couldn’t even dream of throwing.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

Noooobie

I seem to remember Greenwood destroying Saints at the TW Stadium in one of his first games for Wigan, he put Gildart and Williams away with clean breaks and his ball handling on several occasions in that match. I think he may even won MOM.
    There is far more to Greenwoods game than just barging forward.

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by Tallaght Tiger View Post
    To many players are lost to the game to young

Many players don't show their best until their twenties

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by Tez the Saint View Post
    He also makes the majority of short side or general ball handling plays pointless because his ball playing is poor. Taia gave, and gives, Percival and Grace better ball than they’d have had under Greenwood last year. He threw a pass to Percival in the first half of the Wigan game to create an overlap that Greenwood couldn’t even dream of throwing.

It isn't his game really, some aspects of the sport develop over time Zeb has played a lot more rugby

I think greenwood is a very good player and one we shouldn't have let go

WARNING! PIE EATER!

After watching a recording of the game I'll be interested to see which match Hicks gets allocated this weekend. If a Superleague team had played in Australia with an Australian ref I'm not sure some of the decisions would have gone with the away side.
    That doesn't excuse some of the poor defending on the line but a few decisions that put the Roosters in that attacking position were more than 50:50 calls I.M.O.

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    After watching a recording of the game I'll be interested to see which match Hicks gets allocated this weekend. If a Superleague team had played in Australia with an Australian ref I'm not sure some of the decisions would have gone with the away side.
    That doesn't excuse some of the poor defending on the line but a few decisions that put the Roosters in that attacking position were more than 50:50 calls I.M.O.
    Sorry I cannot agree, I think he had a good game, didn't fall for the flapping around at the PTB to try to con the ref into giving a penalty. Sure he made a couple of mistakes but both ways which even up, show me a ref who can ref a full game without one mistake and I'll gladly hold up my hands, it just isn't possible.

Wigan lost because the other team were better, nothing to do with the ref

Learning All The Songs

I actually thought Hicks had one of his better games - your just miffed because he ignored the constant whining and play acting for penalties Wigan seem to get the decisions for most weeks in SL.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    Sorry I cannot agree, I think he had a good game, didn't fall for the flapping around at the PTB to try to con the ref into giving a penalty. Sure he made a couple of mistakes but both ways which even up, show me a ref who can ref a full game without one mistake and I'll gladly hold up my hands, it just isn't possible.

Wigan lost because the other team were better, nothing to do with the ref
    I'm not blaming the referee for the defeat, but the first try came from a wrong call to "scrub" the tackle count. No way did Powell play at the ball. Then there was the late tackle on Hardaker after he'd kicked the ball, Hicks gave a penalty against Farrell for offside (he was).
    JWH "tackles" on Powell and Farrell, should have been 10 minutes in the bin.

I've just had a look at the RFL disciplinary and not one incident from the Wigan v Roosters game has been looked at' Most strange when you consider the JWH incident and the contact with the referee late in the game

Are you ignoring my questions about cheating Brian?
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Are you ignoring my questions about cheating Brian?
    No, just disagree with you, a matter of opinion surely.

In The South Stand

I'm not blaming the referee for the defeat, but the first try came from a wrong call to "scrub" the tackle count. No way did Powell play at the ball. Then there was the late tackle on Hardaker after he'd kicked the ball, Hicks gave a penalty against Farrell for offside (he was).

I've just had a look at the RFL disciplinary and not one incident from the Wigan v Roosters game has been looked at' Most strange when you consider the JWH incident and the contact with the referee late in the game
    I don't believe it, a Wigan fan criticising Hicks! Don't tell me, he went off script and didn't award everything to Wigan at the DW as he should have! Don't worry, the officials will all be back, singing from the same hymn sheet to ensure the DW is the usual fortress when it comes to SL. Pretty amusing that the biggest head hunting, lying on, whining at the ref, penalty milking team in SL doesn't like it when the team they're playing against out Wigans them! Ha, best laugh I've had all day! The number of times Wigan players tried to get penalties by attempting to play the ball on to prone opponents at the PTB, the number of times they were flopping around claiming penalties, it was like watching the girls in the Premier league. Well beaten, take your medicine and appreciate how the rest of SL feel when YOU get all the calls at the DW (and elsewhere).

Upside
    Non Members

I agree on JWH but this is a tactic Wigan use to unsettle other teams, if you want this punishing we need to apply equally

The others I think you are clutching at straws, could be seen either way and Wigan got some 50/50s also but you don't mention those

In The South Stand

I really did get sick of hearing Hicks tell Farrell to get off the tackled opponent "quicker". He should've just penalised him.

No, just disagree with you, a matter of opinion surely.

Hang fire, a difference of opinion?

So you are saying that trapping the players arm in, or diving on the floor to gain a penalty are NOT acts of cheating?

Or are you saying that Wigan players don’t go to ground like they were shot by a sniper in row Z and flail around like a trout on the end of a fishing line?

Anyway, my questions aren’t a matter of opinion, they are a straight question!!
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

Think you should give up on that one Rogues. That ship has long sailed.
    Learned comment from The Don

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

...I've just had a look at the RFL disciplinary and not one incident from the Wigan v Roosters game has been looked at' Most strange when you consider the JWH incident and the contact with the referee late in the game
    Do the RFL disciplinary panel have any authority over this game?

Learning All The Songs The frenchman's Avatar

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sain...1551495650088/

The pies are shocking for this at the minute. It was your best tactic when we played you the other week. The only thing you had any joy with.