Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Wigan vs Roosters

Starting A Programme Collection

After watching wigan V Leeds . Ive decided not to get a ticket. Wigan wont be contesting this one . Ill give em 40 start.
    It was mentioned about . About wigan/ Manley , widnes/ Canberra , Saints/ Brisbane . Real contests . As much as i love seeing the aussie stars . This is gonna be a mauling . 42-0 Rooster !

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side Of The Moon View Post
    After watching wigan V Leeds . Ive decided not to get a ticket. Wigan wont be contesting this one . Ill give em 40 start.
    It was mentioned about . About wigan/ Manley , widnes/ Canberra , Saints/ Brisbane . Real contests . As much as i love seeing the aussie stars . This is gonna be a mauling . 42-0 Rooster !
    Don’t think you’ll be far off. Wigan looked average against an equally average Leeds. If it’s competitive at half time I’d be very surprised.

Noooobie

I’m going with my Wigan supporting cousin. Will be a great game for the neutral. For me it’s mainly going to see the NRL champions I wouldn’t see any other time without paying thousands of pounds.

Learning All The Songs

It depends how seriously the Roosters are taking the game, I think it will be closer but the Roosters still to win tho

Got A Season Ticket

x

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    Exactly.
    When I was young (yes a long long time ago) mam & dad would often take me to watch other local teams especially if the likes of Fox, Murphy, Bevan, Davies etc etc were playing. We didn't have a car so couldn't follow Wigan away if they were in Yorkshire.
    When the touring teams came over we tried to get to as many club and International games as we could.
    Brian Bevan as opposed to John Bevan would that be?

I went to the 2011 World Challenge between Wigan and St George Illawarra,was a great occasion,full house and Wigan were 10/12 points to the good in the first quarter,the n SGI walloped them!!!!!..Funny thing was though at the end of the game Wigan fans near me were shouting about their hatred of St Helens!!!!!Strange Folk!!

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    That Powell is a right little turd. Rams his hand into the Leeds player's mouth, then bleats to the ref that he's been bitten. Horrible, talentless scumbag.
    I praised the officiating after the first couple of matches, but just to bring me down to earth, here's Bargain Basement Ben Thayler overseeing a Crust Muncher home game. What could possibly go wrong? Penalties a plenty for the home side, that's a given. Not spotting any of Shirley's head shots, that's a given too, but the knock on (which wasn't, according to Ben) which resulted in a Pie try, come on! Then there was the forward pass that wasn't that stopped the Rhinos in their tracks and lead to another Pie score. To top it all he takes the word of professional whinger (trained by Ratboy no doubt) and "gamesman" (that's spelt c.h.e.a.t.) Sam Powell, who tries to drop a fellow professional in the sh*t because he didn't like it when said pro objected to having his facial orifices gouged! At the end of the day the Pies were the better team, that didn't justify Thayler and co giving them every decision (even Eddie "Cherry and White" Hemmings was embarrassed at some of the calls!). It's going to be another season of "Wigan won't be complaining", "Wigan rode their luck" and "Wigan got the rub of the green" at fortress DW, just when I thought the officials were improving...………………………….

Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    I praised the officiating after the first couple of matches, but just to bring me down to earth, here's Bargain Basement Ben Thayler overseeing a Crust Muncher home game. What could possibly go wrong? Penalties a plenty for the home side, that's a given. Not spotting any of Shirley's head shots, that's a given too, but the knock on (which wasn't, according to Ben) which resulted in a Pie try, come on! Then there was the forward pass that wasn't that stopped the Rhinos in their tracks and lead to another Pie score. To top it all he takes the word of professional whinger (trained by Ratboy no doubt) and "gamesman" (that's spelt c.h.e.a.t.) Sam Powell, who tries to drop a fellow professional in the sh*t because he didn't like it when said pro objected to having his facial orifices gouged! At the end of the day the Pies were the better team, that didn't justify Thayler and co giving them every decision (even Eddie "Cherry and White" Hemmings was embarrassed at some of the calls!). It's going to be another season of "Wigan won't be complaining", "Wigan rode their luck" and "Wigan got the rub of the green" at fortress DW, just when I thought the officials were improving...………………………….
    Yep, I don’t usually subscribe to theories like team x,y, or z getting the rub of the green, but it does seem when Wigan are at home certain refs go heavily in their favour

WARNING! PIE EATER!

I'll take your 40 points start.
    If the Roosters win by 40 points or more I'll donate £30 to your named charity.
    If they don't then you donate £30 to Joining Jack https://joiningjack.org/

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by Destry View Post
    Brian Bevan as opposed to John Bevan would that be?
    Yes, Wire had some very good players in that era, Brian Bevan, Lawrie Gilfedder, Jim Challinor, Bobby Greenough, Jackie Edwards etc. As I said there were many players in most teams worth watching.

Noooobie

Roosters take it serious and their pack monsters their way to victory. Luke Keary the 6 is awesome. Mitchell the 4 is a bit of a Pratt but has serious talent. Like a young Greg Inglis. With someone like Cronk in their team, I epexct thern to at least work through sets and set plays well.

If it’s close leading Into the final 15 Tedesco the full back will step up and power them to victory through the tired middle forwards.

If they treat as a trial, bloody a few youngsters then the goons have a chance.

Noooobie

Simply don't care what the score is. I just want to see Williams and Powell have their ar@es handed to them at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint in Queensland View Post
    Roosters take it serious and their pack monsters their way to victory. Luke Keary the 6 is awesome. Mitchell the 4 is a bit of a Pratt but has serious talent. Like a young Greg Inglis. With someone like Cronk in their team, I epexct thern to at least work through sets and set plays well.

If it’s close leading Into the final 15 Tedesco the full back will step up and power them to victory through the tired middle forwards.

If they treat as a trial, bloody a few youngsters then the goons have a chance.
    I just can't see Wigan pulling this one off. Roosters are too good if they turn up.

If they do somehow manage it, I'll be the first to congratulate them

Can someone explain why we are not playing this weekend when Hull KR v London and Salford v Leeds are playing. Surely the only game that should be ‘off’ would be Wigan v ???. We don’t need a weeks break. We are notoriously poor after a break. Leeds will be an issue for us as they will be better with playing this week.

Yes I know it’s the WCC but why are two games going ahead?
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by 49er View Post
    Can someone explain why we are not playing this weekend when Hull KR v London and Salford v Leeds are playing. Surely the only game that should be ‘off’ would be Wigan v ???. We don’t need a weeks break. We are notoriously poor after a break. Leeds will be an issue for us as they will be better with playing this week.

HKR, Leeds, Salford were all in the bottom four last season, and London are the promoted club. They will have to play in the 1st round of the Challenge Cup, whereas the other other 8 will play in the Superleague on that date.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by 49er View Post

These are the 4 teams that enter the challenge cup 1 round earlier than the rest of super league. Bottom four teams from last year

Ok.Thanks I did not realise that.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

I actually think Wigan can win this.
    Learned comment from The Don

Quote Originally Posted by SaintH517 View Post
    What rubbish. So fans should go and watch a team they don’t support because they don’t have enough fans to fill the stadium? There is absolutely zero comparison between England fans going to watch one of the biggest events in sport when they’ve already paid good money for tickets long before they knew who was in the final and a Saints fan going to watch their arch rivals play in a game which most NRL players don’t give a toss about.

Because watching Hull vs Cas on TV is the same as going to a Wigan game which we’d never hear the end of if they were to win.
    That's not what I said though is it? Your "wind up" criticism came as a response to a neutral wanting to go and watch the WCC, they don't particularly have to support anyone, although as it's against Wigan that's probably a given. The two best sides in the world last year are playing each other, why shouldn't a rugby league fan want to go and watch, why do you have an issue with that?

I still can't take this competition seriously. We can't really disadvantage them anymore. Playing at the home of the English side when they have had friendlies and two competitive games in an English winter. The NRL season hasn't even started yet so fitness wise Wigan should be streets ahead.

If this was played 3 weeks into the NRL season in Australia then it would be a totally different result.

I have no interest in this game whatsoever. I accept others might. I don’t want to be linked to the NRL by teams playing each other. IMO we are 2 different entities who should not interbreed. If Saints were in this game I would go, but not because I support the WCC, but I support Saints.
    This idea we as RL fans should get behind Wigan as they are from our league is well crap. I hope they get there arses kicked big time. Why because it’s not Saints. Plus the bigger the hiding the more chance they will dump this stupid game. That said it’s just my opinion and anyone who disagrees that’s fine have a good day on Sunday. Remember though you will be giv g Wigan money!

Quote Originally Posted by L.S.F View Post
    Because it's Wigan, that's the issue, with me anyway. I would never want to go and watch them no matter who they were playing and certainly not in their own ground surrounded by their fans who hate us as much as we hate them. As I said previously, it takes all kinds and if folk want to go then fair enough but why would you then come on here bigging it up and not expect some to be hostile to the idea. I find not understanding that harder to understand than why a Saints fan would take issue with it.
    I hope they capitulate spectacularly.
    Here here

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

Saints to have a training match against Sydney on Thursday.
    I imagine Trent Robinson will be asking for some tips too with Saints’ recent record against Wigan, 3 wins, 1 loss in the past 12 months.

https://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/sport...lub-challenge/

Quote Originally Posted by reliable sauce View Post
    Saints to have a training match against Sydney on Thursday.
    I imagine Trent Robinson will be asking for some tips too with Saints’ recent record against Wigan, 3 wins, 1 loss in the past 12 months.

https://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/sport...lub-challenge/
    Sounds like a good plan for all parties. Gives us a bit of a run out instead of a blank weekend and it’ll be a good experience for our youngsters who will learn a thing or two no doubt