Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SBS UPDATE: Stadium Development News and General Discussion

Thought the plan was to sing 'we want our stadium'???

I'll sing, you's can shout 'on yer own'

Starting A Programme Collection Bainsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DD
    I wouldn’t bank on there being any songs, unless someone wants to lead from the front.

For reasons best known to themselves, most of our lead SBS members are elsewhere on Friday and I am just not a born leader when it comes to songs. Everyone just ignores me! You've got to be in the clique to start a song! lol
    With that said DD, you quite obviously dont read back what your fingers have been typing! lol

Either that or you completely copy and pasted the whole script from Chairmaker?

Learning All The Songs SaintJon's Avatar

great article mate

I can't believe how complex this whole thing is, like DD has said if this doesnt go through then there is no plan B. I know we get alot of fans who can't make every home/away game and sometimes get labeled "part timers" for only going the big games but unless you have a good enough excuse then every TRUE saints fan has to be outside morrisons the day after the wire game and outside the town hall before the catalan game. Even if you can't afford to go to the match, it isnt an excuse for not turning up and giving your support to the club. OUR FUTURE DEPENDS ON IT
    Last edited by SaintJon; 22nd April 2008 at 18:04.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsey
    With that said DD, you quite obviously dont read back what your fingers have been typing! lol

Either that or you completely copy and pasted the whole script from Chairmaker?
    I know what I said. But I am not exactly confident anyone will do it.

It's not as if we have had a plethora of excited "oh let's do it " responses to any of the suggestions is it?
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

Quote Originally Posted by SaintJon
    but unless you have a good enough excuse then every TRUE saints fan has to be outside morrisons the day after the wire game
    Does going to the City game count?
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

Does going to the City game count?
    Or taking a days leave to watch the title decider being played ?

Think we are excused Dave

Got A Season Ticket Sceptical Ste's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsey
    Btw does anyone reckon that DD should do a Roy Cropper and park up a big 40 foot trailor across the entrance ways of Morrisons for the protests?

Now that would REALLY stir things up! lol
    With DD parking up the trailer would look more like Hayley Cropper than Roy

Well done to all involved for a great article, and thanks for keeping us informed with the behind the scenes developments.

Got A Season Ticket

How many people sit on the Planning Committee and is it a majority decision as to whether a particular plan gets passed or not?

Quote Originally Posted by sale_mike
    How many people sit on the Planning Committee and is it a majority decision as to whether a particular plan gets passed or not?
    There's always one who catches you out isn't there? lol

I wouldn’t bank on there being any songs, unless someone wants to lead from the front.

For reasons best known to themselves, most of our lead SBS members are elsewhere on Friday and I am just not a born leader when it comes to songs. Everyone just ignores me! You've got to be in the clique to start a song! lol
    Is it going to be me again?

I'll find the megaphone

I'm not sure everyone understands what's happening in May.

It is possible that the planning app will not be voted on at all in May. It's only on the agenda to review progress. A review of progress does not usually end in a decision. It will only go for a vote when the planning officers decide it is in a state to vote on. Up to now this hasn't been made clear. Maybe this will change between now and May, maybe not.

Oh, and there is no need to worry about it being passed once the planning officers decide it is in a condition to be voted on. Councillors, of all parties, are falling over themselves to vote this through. They all want to be found conspicuous in their support. So the vote is not a problem.

Getting it put in front of them for a vote is the problem, and it's still possible that this might not happen in May.

Got A Season Ticket

There are going to be some very red faced councillors if it isnt voted upon on the 20th May. I will be very surprised if it doesnt happen bearing in minfd teh staements already made in the press.

Got A Season Ticket

There's always one who catches you out isn't there? lol
    Not meant in that waylol . Just interested to see if anybody knows and by the way, how do you get to be qualified to vote on something that is that important to so many people?

i just wanted to show my support however wont be able to attend on Saturday as i have got involved in one of the new rugby clubs in knowsley so dont want to miss training on Saturday morning

Good luck to everyone tho, take pictures!!

Quote Originally Posted by bobble
    I'm not sure everyone understands what's happening in May.

It is possible that the planning app will not be voted on at all in May. It's only on the agenda to review progress. A review of progress does not usually end in a decision. It will only go for a vote when the planning officers decide it is in a state to vote on. Up to now this hasn't been made clear. Maybe this will change between now and May, maybe not.

Oh, and there is no need to worry about it being passed once the planning officers decide it is in a condition to be voted on. Councillors, of all parties, are falling over themselves to vote this through. They all want to be found conspicuous in their support. So the vote is not a problem.

Getting it put in front of them for a vote is the problem, and it's still possible that this might not happen in May.
    And there's always someone who has to spoil things isn't there?

From what we have heard, the club, the MPs and the Developer are pretty sure that it will be voted on on 20th May. They certainly never once indicated that there was any possibility that it wouldn't be.

Yes I realise that is a little negative, but right at the moment it is only on the agenda for review. Let's hope this pressure pushes it up in the officer's priorities and it is in a complete enough state to vote on ASAP.

The planning officers are trying their best to have all bases covered if/when this is called in to central government. Hence their reticence to let go.

If it gets pulled to NW (the general line is it will), we have started planning harrying the process through.

The issue is getting it beyond red vee and RLFans, and getting the apathetic masses to do something about it.

Noooobie

To be fair the issue has always been beyond the message-boards but falling well short of a mass movement.

You cannot underestimate the apathy of the population if it requires any greater effort than texting in a vote to some moronic TV programme.

Hopefully, Sintelliners will realise just how important this issue is for the club and town. The time is now - let's hope people will start to support on mass, starting with the Morrissons rally this Saturday.

I believe that last night there was a meeting between some of the SBS members and the the Developer, Langtree Holdings, to discuss the stadium proposals

A DVD is to be released on line on Monday 12th May for people to view the stadium proposals, which will be linked to the official Saints website.

In the meantime, in the run up to the Planning Meeting, if anyone has not yet signed the 'on line petition' or knows anyone who hasn't; i.e family and friends, could they please sign here, on the stadium website?

http://www.sthelensstadium.com/pages/nextstep.htm

This explainsthe situation with the votes

The market data on the original 11,500 votes received has been done and dusted. But, we need people to show support. 1,500 votes came back opposing the stadium.

In The South Stand

Got told last night that Dave Watts is now seeking further talks with Morrisons, got told he is trying to meet with the top man.

Noooobie

Exclamation

Everybody in a Saints household should sign the online petition - it will close in three weeks. You sign it, partners, sons, daughters, all friends and relations. Come on let's get over 20 thousnad before it closes.

Good link Dave!

Got A Season Ticket Sceptical Ste's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by doghead
    Got told last night that Dave Watts is now seeking further talks with Morrisons, got told he is trying to meet with the top man.
    It says in this article that he is trying to arrange talks with the chief executive, after the first meeting was "negative" with the property director, Roger Owen.

http://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/news/n...dium_plans.php

Got A Season Ticket

Default Odd!

I find it odd that 2011 has always been the intended date, The general manager of the club stated to me very clearly at the begining of the season that they "have 2 years at KR and that is it they have to get out" and in his words, "they had better get a move on or we're buggered" Just telling you what he told me and if he is'nt in the know I don't know who is.
    I'm affraid I've heard so much talk and so many deadlines have fallen by the way side that when I see it built with my own eyes i'll belive it! And I certainly wouldn't belive a word that falls out of Langtrees collective traps, from reading the article it would appear that they have made a few errors in their plans that have caused delay and conflict. This rant is in no way directed at you fine people doing a fantastic job of keeping the dream of a fit stadium for the saints alive purely putting another point of view accross.

Gerard Songsters Organiser

My commitment to the SBS is 100% behind the cause, I cannot stress to anyone who reads these threads how important these planned activities are. This is all about us the fans showing how much a new stadium means to us all and also more importantly what is means to the regeneration of the town.

Lets face it to many this town unfortunately does not have a lot going for it but to have something that we can all be proud of ie a world class stadium for a world class team is something that we all want.

What the SBS are planning is unpresedented in recent times. The last time Saints fans spoke we ensured Ellery kept his job. Remember those days!!

This is our chance!! The SBS have made a commitment to ensure that we make the people in power sit up and take notice. Since our formation we have seen the following items come into the public domain

Date of the Planning Meeting
    Council Funding explained
    MP Involvement speaking to Morrisons
    Dialogue with Club, Developers, MP's

Massive steps have been made, but this is only the start. As someone else has stated elsewhere on one of these threads, I cannot state the importance of the demo at Morrisons this coming Saturday and the march on May 17th.

IF FANS DO NOT SUPPORT THESE SUPPORTER EVENTS THEN THE CLUB RUNS THE RISK OF BEING RIDICULED FOR HAVING TOTAL APATHY TOWARDS THE STADUM BID. WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT!

Imagine 10 people turning up on Saturday and 100 people turning up for a march on the 17th. Morrisons would have a field day and it would be used against us.

IF YOU WANT A NEW STADIUM PLEASE, PLEASE SUPPORT THE SBS OVER THE COMING WEEKS AND TURN OUT IN FULL SUPPORT OF OUR CLUB AND OUR TOWN

Cheers

Dave