Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: I was watching the Footy Show...

Got A Season Ticket

Default I was watching the Footy Show...

*there was a section called the Star Chamber, it was Gus Gould ( alright I know very anti Pom) talking to Laurie Daley and Mathew Johns about the coaching merry-go-round happening in the NRL, he made the point when the players know a coach is leaving a club, Graham Murray at the Cowboys and Nathan Brown at the Dragons, the coach then loses authority and respect because the players think " What can he do ? he's no here next year" I was wondering if this could explain some of our lacklustre performances this year.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

I'd like to think not, but it can't be discounted. You could also look at it the other way and say that its the coach that might be losing the intensity and passion for the job that was there previously. Or it could just be that we aren't as good as the last few years, we've got injuries and other teams are getting better and have beaten us because they've played better on the day.

Got A Season Ticket

Even if he is leaving the coach can still not pick a player who isn't pulling his weight, and he should too.

What channel is The Footy Show on and when?

Got A Season Ticket

I watch it on line, just Google The Footy Show to get the link then choose between Aussie rules and NRL.

Thanks. I am sure I have seen it in the Setanta Listings but cant be certain

Learning All The Songs SaintJon's Avatar

if the players have respect for the coach then surely not, leeds knew that tony smith was leaving at the end of the season yet they went on to win the grand final

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77
    I'd like to think not, but it can't be discounted. You could also look at it the other way and say that its the coach that might be losing the intensity and passion for the job that was there previously. Or it could just be that we aren't as good as the last few years, we've got injuries and other teams are getting better and have beaten us because they've played better on the day.
    There's lots of factors involved and our current situation is not down to just the coaching situation. It is fair to say that whenever changes are about to occur ,it causes some unrest and unsettlement particularly when its significant, planned and it isn't going to necessarily be implemented qucikly. Its just the same with the stadium issue.