Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fas sending off incident

Starting A Programme Collection Legendary Supporter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saint rach
    Was that it??
    The way the commentators on Radio Leeds described it I imagined him running in and laying out 3 blokes.
    Hopefully the disciplinary will agree and he won't get a ban.
    If you'd have actually been at the match you'd have seen exactly what happened and would have had to take the word of a couple of very biased commentators.

Got A Season Ticket Naturalised_Yicker's Avatar

In the amateur game (albeit for a lowly Kirkby based team) the motto was "One in....all in"....but I dont think it applies to the 'pro' game.....Faz had to go....it was a rush of blood unfortunately....red card offence any day of the week..!

Quote Originally Posted by sydney2002
    I presume they didnt mention the cass players coming in and grippign hold of wello's ear for no reaosn what so ever. Fas did what any colleague would do, he saw wello have a stand off and left it alone, he then see's wello get a 2 on 1 and the bearded shyt player grip wellos ear, that is where fas see's its time to step in and merley pushes him in the face to get him off, doesnt go throwing punches.

Farcical red card.

Terry the •••• Newton cam smash someones cheeckbone in, and also knock another player out, and still only get an "on report" for his actions, Fas does a hand off and gets the red card, hahaha over reaction and proves the RFL and the REFS are in for us this year and we must defeat them !
    It proves that the refs are turning the game into a laughing stock, it's time the RFL did something to sort it out because the current crop of officials hav'nt got a brain between them.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

Now that I have seen this incident a few times........it was an "on report" at worst.
    Ok he should'nt have got involved but what were 4 other cas players doing-not getting involved?
    Discipline is the issue and could have contributed to us losing the game in the long run.But that is a seperate matter for the Coach to sort out imo.
    Learned comment from The Don

Quote Originally Posted by Naturalised_Yicker
    In the amateur game (albeit for a lowly Kirkby based team) the motto was "One in....all in"....but I dont think it applies to the 'pro' game.....Faz had to go....it was a rush of blood unfortunately....red card offence any day of the week..!
    Sorry mate i don't agree with the sending off bit, you will see the same sort of thing happen in games this week with nothing done about it.

The ref buckled under pressure and made a balls of things.

if you watch the incident, Gidleys face makes me laugh, he shakes his head as to say...'why the hell's he getting sent off?''

i dont think he deserved a red, a prime example like this is good friday 2004, with the big fight, were samoan 1 ran 40 yards to start fighting, he never got a red card

Quote Originally Posted by Thatto Heath Saint
    I agree.......... it's almost as farcical as Jamie Lyon's sending off against the Rhinos a couple of seasons ago
    He did tackle Burrows above his knee though.
    www.steveprescottfoundation.co.uk

"What the mind believes, the body achieves"

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by mrnike22
    if you watch the incident, Gidleys face makes me laugh, he shakes his head as to say...'why the hell's he getting sent off?''

i dont think he deserved a red, a prime example like this is good friday 2004, with the big fight, were samoan 1 ran 40 yards to start fighting, he never got a red card

he got a 4 game ban though.

Fa'as deserved to be sent off, for stupidity if nothing else.
    "If you're going to strive for a change then you have to keep going upwards,"
    Keiron Cunningham, 2016

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Hemmings' Wig

I don't see defending your team mate as stupid tbh. I'd have done the same myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

Starting A Programme Collection Burnley Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cedarman
    .........Wellens could be seen as encouraging his team mates to get involved with his gesture with his right hand.
    Asking for help more like

Got A Season Ticket

just looked at the incident for the first time ,
    how come the 1st. player to run in [ ie the beaded pr*k ] not get his marching orders as well ? after all he did have a go at Wello who in my opinion was provoke anyway at the play of the ball with the marker smacking him around the lug.

In The South Stand Saints-Crusaders's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Hemmings' Wig

And what about the Cas player who caught Wello in the face with his forearm ? He didnt need to get involved either
    KNOWSLEY ROAD 1890-2010. A part of history soon to be no more...the place that meant so much to so many people. Farewell old lady, forever in our hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by Burnley Saint
    Asking for help more like
    think wellens didn't like the treatment he got off the cas player and it was a bit of handbags next thing he's surrounded by 4 cas players

See from the reports in the press Faz was given sending off sufficient punishment I reckon he got off lightly. lol