Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The teams attitude...

Starting A Programme Collection WIGANHATER's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by are you blind ref
    There's a long way to go to the end of the season
    That's the key. No point in panicking. We need to get through this bad spell. Keep the team spirit as high as possible then when we are back to full strength we can hit form, AT THE RIGHT TIME. Last season, we peaked too early hence missing out on the title. No danger of that this time round. We will be there come what.... October.

In The South Stand

after last seasons gf there were no players available,they had all been signed up mid season.i don't have any problem with long,simply who would you replace him with?monaghan was a possibility.sculthorpe,from what i hear is not taking a massive wedge of salary cap.
    you're spot on though,anderson now has to stand up and be counted.slagging off youngsters is not good.i think the problem lies with not having replaced our assistant coach better than we did.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by ploughman
    after last seasons gf there were no players available,they had all been signed up mid season.i don't have any problem with long,simply who would you replace him with?monaghan was a possibility.sculthorpe,from what i hear is not taking a massive wedge of salary cap.
    you're spot on though,anderson now has to stand up and be counted.slagging off youngsters is not good.i think the problem lies with not having replaced our assistant coach better than we did.
    I appricate it is difficult to bring in players especially whne ones of the right quality are not available. I simply think that it was a mistake not to freshen up the squad with one or two players. I fully agree with you that slating players in public is not the way forward and is poor management. if they need a rolicking do it behind closed doors. In some cases even that will not help as its down to the personalities of the players. Some will need encouragement and a boost not a roasting from the coach. The issue of our assistance coach could also be a factor.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe
    RE: St Bert

what i thought was a major problem was against a big tough pack as cas, we effectively had one interchange available..

frodsham (who i know started but came off pretty early) and dean probably aren't good enough yet, and not big enough, and he didn't seem keen on using eastmond either, which left us with effectively 7 forwards

cayless, roby, fas, bennett, clough, flannery and wilkin (who i don't think as fit anyway)

we could have lyon, gasner and billy slater in the backs, but if the forwards are struggling they'll do nothing.. look at barrett at wigan, no doubt a class player, but consistently playing behind a beaten pack, so does nothing
    The pack wasn't where we lost it though really.

All six Castleford tries came because of poor tackling, decision making and errors from a centre, a winger and a full back.

Throughout this season we seem to consistently have problems defending out wide.

When you score 24 points away from home it should be enough. Same at Hull KR. Same at Huddersfield.

It's not as if it's the lack of power that is costing us so much, it's professionals inability to do the basics right. Sloppy play and poor tackling techniques.

Why are players, who previously were noted for good defence, suddenly losing the art of doing the simple things correctly?
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

George Coaches Organiser Saint Bert's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DD
    The pack wasn't where we lost it though really.

All six Castleford tries came because of poor tackling, decision making and errors from a centre, a winger and a full back.

Throughout this season we seem to consistently have problems defending out wide.

When you score 24 points away from home it should be enough. Same at Hull KR. Same at Huddersfield.

It's not as if it's the lack of power that is costing us so much, it's professionals inability to do the basics right. Sloppy play and poor tackling techniques.

Why are players, who previously were noted for good defence, suddenly losing the art of doing the simple things correctly?
    Agreed to a point, if a team is constantly on the back foot it is very hard to make any kind of impact on the opposition, in the last 2 years we have dominated up front and not allowed any teams a platform to hurt us.

If we are constantly rolling forward and then putting presure on through field position it is very difficult for any team to do anything other than try to barge it out down the middle.

Cas had plenty of opportunity to run set moves and attack from deep, that was down to the ability to be away from their own line consistantly early in the tackle count, at this point you are correct in saying that it was out wide where the points were scored.
    The George for match day drinks and away coaches.

Supporting us supporting Saints.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by DD

i refer back to my previous post,are we missing alan wilson(previous technical coach)more than we think?

Banned

Its bad news when we are reliant upon 31 year old KC to win
    What are we going to do next season, lose 4/5 at home as well??

Make Jimmy Graham captain- we need a new leader

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WIGANHATER
    That's the key. No point in panicking. We need to get through this bad spell. Keep the team spirit as high as possible then when we are back to full strength we can hit form, AT THE RIGHT TIME. Last season, we peaked too early hence missing out on the title. No danger of that this time round. We will be there come what.... October.
    No doubt about that, and I still think at full strength there's not alot between us and Leeds. But, we can't afford to keep losing games like we are, against teams we should be beating (and teams we are comfortably beating until we let them back in it). We need to make the six afterall, before we concentrate on the Play Offs. The attitude needs to change and we need to get some points on the board. Big effort needed this week, and whilst the injuries haven't helped, we're not that bad either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

Learning All The Songs Billinge Lump's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wrexhamsaint

Is it possible he wants to keep him fresh to start next week? Perhaps on the wing?
    Eastmond?!?!?!

I think you've been reading too many of these comparisons to Jason Robinson and taken them to heart.

The only real similarity between them is that they are small, nippy and black. If he'd been white, he'd have been the new Rob Burrows.
    I'm too pretty to be unlucky

George Coaches Organiser Saint Bert's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Billinge Lump
    Eastmond?!?!?!

I think you've been reading too many of these comparisons to Jason Robinson and taken them to heart.

The only real similarity between them is that they are small, nippy and black. If he'd been white, he'd have been the new Rob Burrows.
    lol lol

Although to be fair, he can't do a worse job than the current number 5
    The George for match day drinks and away coaches.

Supporting us supporting Saints.