Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: were in trouble now

Quote Originally Posted by Legendary Supporter
    Gilly, Foz n' Scully!

That's almost a full pack missing!
    I meant the nicknames, not the actual players

Learning All The Songs St Adrian's Avatar

I think this is down to leadership on the field. Our captain has been long term absent and our vice captain is now injured. We have no leadership in the forwards because Foizzard is out injured and so the team have no leadership other than Longy and he is only concerned about fashion and how his hair looks. We need leadership on the field and then we will have the motivation to fight out the games and achieve wins.

Starting A Programme Collection alf wayliner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Murgatroyd
    The last three seasons remind me of 96,97,and98.We got the double in 96and 2006 but only the CC in 97and 2007.The team was not strengthened and we paid for it in 98 and we only just made the playoffs.The pattern is being repeated ten years on.I fear history may repeat itself.But i hope i am wrong.
    I wouldn't draw too much from 1997, there are some significant differences. In 97 we didn't finish top of the league like 07 but ended up 3rd, 11 points off the Bulls in a 22 game season at a time when the spread of strength was heavily biased toward the big four. Also we announced that McRae wasn't having his contract renewed part way through 97 and then left him in charge.

The interesting thing is that we went to Wembley and came back with these result
    Lost at Bulls 38-18
    Drew 22-22 at home to Broncos
    Lost 39-26 at Salford
    Got tw@tted 65-12 at Home by the goons.

These five games effectively were Saints season that year. The win at Wembley and then throw the league away by dropping 7 points on the trot, it was almost like the good old days!
    History repeats itself, first as tragedy, second as farce. (Karl Marx)
    Third as a cruel joke, fourth as a kick in the nads, fifth as a mortifyingly bad nightmare! (Alf Wayliner)

i think the captains job should ave passed to either wilkin/ pryce at the begining of the season we all know we are lucky if scully plays 2 games in a row and we better get used to playing without cunningham he may retire at the end of year and imao roby is more of a impact player of the bench then a starter

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher
    We now have Kezzer and Jammer

Any more for any more?
    What happened to Keo and Jamo ?
    Learned comment from The Don

Got A Season Ticket Mr Brightside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DD
    What disturbs me is not that we have lost four away games but four away games that you would earmark as a win at the start of the season, if you have designs on the top two.

Therefore if you consider that we won one we wouldn't have expected to win we are actually three over par at this point.

An interesting point is that if games lasted 78 minutes, we'd be third from bottom whilst Catalans would be joint top! We have come within a couple of plays of having a record of W 3 L 7. Very disturbing!
    Scary thought:eek:
    O'KEEFE

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by drop goal
    come on you saints
    i'm trying to think of a more profound first post, but i am struggling.

Starting A Programme Collection WIGANHATER's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DD
    What disturbs me is not that we have lost four away games but four away games that you would earmark as a win at the start of the season, if you have designs on the top two.

Therefore if you consider that we won one we wouldn't have expected to win we are actually three over par at this point.

An interesting point is that if games lasted 78 minutes, we'd be third from bottom whilst Catalans would be joint top! We have come within a couple of plays of having a record of W 3 L 7. Very disturbing!
    THATS ENTERTAINMENT!